Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Star Nemesis

Page: 2 of 2
 The Source
02-09-2006, 9:29 PM
ok. I have another Idea. When you are about to finish off your nemesis he asks for mercy. If you say yes, he joins your party. If you say no, you take your lightsaber and stab it straight through his head.
:) I like that idea! "Join me or die."... :)
 Alkonium
02-09-2006, 9:35 PM
ok. I have another Idea. When you are about to finish off your nemesis he asks for mercy. If you say yes, he joins your party. If you say no, you take your lightsaber and stab it straight through his head.
Yes, you should have three options :"No. I will not strike an unarmed opponent.", "I will spare your life, but you will only exist to serve me." or "I see no use in keeping you alive."
 JediMaster12
02-10-2006, 12:02 AM
That sounds more KOTOR like. I would like an inbetween option as well. One that would not affect you alignment no matter what.
 Prime
02-10-2006, 12:25 PM
I would argue that the second reply is only a bit less evil than the last...
 Point Man
02-10-2006, 12:50 PM
I like the idea, but I think it should be that your nemesis keeps sending his lackeys after you. After you beat them all, you finally meet him as a warmup for the final battle against the Big Bad Boss.
 JediMaster12
02-10-2006, 12:53 PM
That's another possibility but Sio does that in TSL twice and you get Nilhilis. Sounds like the KOTOR formula.
 The Source
02-10-2006, 1:36 PM
Yes, you should have three options :"No. I will not strike an unarmed opponent.", "I will spare your life, but you will only exist to serve me." or "I see no use in keeping you alive."
There are a lot of moments in KotOR II, which I believe that the responses were illogical. Otherwords, the dialogue seemed to make the Exile's intellegance equal to a worm. I found that there were times that I wanted to manipulate the agenda put forth, and there only options in dialogue were: "I like you" - "I hate you". There needed to be more logical and intellegant choices in dilaogue. After encountering the Jedi Masters on Dantooine, the game was looped to a specific outcome. Most of the darkside responses were around the philosophy of, "Did I kill them all?" There was no room to admit your were wonrg, or to play on Kreia's manipulation. There needed to be more.
 arvik
02-10-2006, 6:27 PM
On Kotor 3 I think at first you don't know who he is, he joins your party, and then betrays you. But that doesn't sound right.
 Point Man
02-11-2006, 12:45 PM
That's another possibility but Sio does that in TSL twice and you get Nilhilis. Sounds like the KOTOR formula.
Yeah, it is kinda formula, but if you have interesting characters, it can work well. Sion only sent anonymous assassins after the Exile. If they were fleshed out more like Calo Nord, it would work better. IMO, that's the most important aspect of any story or RPG: strong, well developed characters. Think about Darth Maul and Count Dooku. They were very intriguing. I wish GL had developed their characters more, especially Maul. He had the potential to be one of the all-time great villains. :maul5:
 igyman
02-11-2006, 1:01 PM
Yeah, too bad. But, to me Darth Maul was really the best villain in the movies, better than Dooku and even Darth Vader (I mean he was the first and the only one who wielded a double bladed lightsaber - no, the SW games don't count - and kicked the two Jedi's butts before he himself was killed by Obi-Wan).
 arvik
02-11-2006, 5:01 PM
I wish GL had developed their characters more, especially Maul.

Yeah. on Kotor 3, your nemesis should have a unique, outstanding feature that would make him famous in star wars history.
 Jae Onasi
02-13-2006, 12:28 AM
I wouldn't mind a group of HKs in K3, also, as long as they have the same witty dialog as HK-47.
Of course, the Big Bad Boss should be some kind of Super-Sith.
 JediMaster12
02-13-2006, 4:11 PM
But that would make HK-47 jealous. He even said they were inferior in terms of their dialogue. I prefer the original machine who first said "organic meatbag"
 arvik
02-17-2006, 10:30 PM
"Last year I have slain 367 meatbags lol. He's an origanal character that we'll all remember
 arvik
02-21-2006, 7:45 PM
are there any more suggestions
?

arvik, please read the Forum Rules (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=150980), this is thread "bumping" and it is a no-no. -RH
Page: 2 of 2