Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Star Nemesis

Page: 1 of 2
 arvik
02-03-2006, 7:04 PM
I think there should be a nemesis, not completely the most powerful enemy but a nemesis who you meet and battle occansionally. What type do you think it should be?
 JediMaster12
02-03-2006, 7:06 PM
To tell you the truth, the answer was given to us at the end of TSL and they are simply known as the True Sith.
 Spartanghost220
02-03-2006, 7:12 PM
To tell you the truth, the answer was given to us at the end of TSL and they are simply known as the True Sith.

Not really true, I would think of like someone who like hunts you through the game not the true sith who are a big group that have no clue about you
 arvik
02-03-2006, 7:12 PM
no, but a new type of nemesis that you meet frequently
 Spartanghost220
02-03-2006, 7:14 PM
no, but a new type of nemesis that you meet frequently
yeah some dude that hunts you down for some reason something
 arvik
02-03-2006, 7:31 PM
Reasons

If

Jedi or Sith= Mster told them to

Mandalorian B Hunter = bounty set from a new organization who's main goal is you dead

Revan = Wants revenge for something you did to him in the past

Pilot/Gunner = A mortal enemy of your pilot

Crime Lord = you killed too many of his men (plus you owe him 5000000000 credits.)

Duplicate = Your enemy created him/her to stalk and kill you
 JediMaster12
02-03-2006, 7:41 PM
So you are thinking like the Exchange bounty on Jedi in TSL where you would actually have a bounty hunter show up and try to kill you or whatever other enemy?
 arvik
02-03-2006, 7:45 PM
yup :)
 Spartanghost220
02-03-2006, 7:47 PM
So you are thinking like the Exchange bounty on Jedi in TSL where you would actually have a bounty hunter show up and try to kill you or whatever other enemy?
I put a bounty hunter cause I'm think or more or less someone just out to kill you through the game kinda like the bounty but its just one guy and he is a strong son of a gundark out to get ya
 arvik
02-03-2006, 7:53 PM
I put a force clone, because it'd be kinda cool battling yourself
 Spartanghost220
02-03-2006, 7:54 PM
I put a force clone, because it'd be kinda cool battling yourself
would be too bad either have to have some pretty good storyline to add it in but would be kinda freaky give quite a challenge
 arvik
02-03-2006, 8:03 PM
Imagine this. Battling A hooded warrior and while you are in the middle of the battle, his hood flies off. You look and see yourself. The battle finishes off with an explosion and your nemesis disapears. Later you go to a library on a planet dedicated to the sith. YOu go there and find out from a researcher that the nemesis was called a Krote and they were created using powerful force and can duplicate off of another one strong in the force. Soon, after encountering him on many planets, you finally face off in space, You have to shoot down his ship (which is a c lone of the Ebon Hawk) and he manages to escape onto a small volcanic planet. There you finally duel with him one last time, and find out the main enenmy's true intent on what will happen to the galaxy.....
 Hallucination
02-03-2006, 8:12 PM
1)A sith or jedi (opposite of what you are): A little vague,but it's a good idea.
2)A Mandalorian Bounty Hunter: Already had something like this
3)Revan in Disguise: I'd rather only have Revan mentioned, but this would be o.k. with a good reason.
4)A Pilot/ gunner (Like Carth or Atton): Sounds a little lame IMO.
5)A crime Lord with bodyguards, assassins, the works: Same as #2
6)A force duplicate of you created by the main enemy to kill you: A little un-Star Wars.
 arvik
02-03-2006, 8:42 PM
Yeah, I didn't really like the Pilot/Gunner.. I couldn't think of any thing else...
 JediMaster12
02-03-2006, 11:08 PM
I picked a Sith or Jedi. I kind of liked it that Darth Bandon chased you, the bad part was that youmet up with him once where you could exchange words and blows. I would like it if he chased you.
 RobQel-Droma
02-04-2006, 12:28 AM
While the "Force Duplicate" is kind of intriguing, it seems also kind of lame. As for the others, we have already had them fight us. Since you fight at least 3/4 of the people you meet in KOTOR, I think we've gotten all types. :) But I see what you are saying about the nemesis thing.

Maybe have someone who isn't really a Sith Lord, and isn't a clone, but similar to you, and trying to kill you. A kind of fallen Jedi who your character knows, but who turned evil and now is working against you. Kind of have the "duplicate" thing without actually having him be a real clone of you. The kind of person your character fears becoming (if LS).
 igyman
02-04-2006, 11:48 AM
The Force Duplicate might be interesting. So, if you want to defeat him/her you must exploit your own weaknesses.
 JediMaster12
02-04-2006, 12:09 PM
Yes but like what Rob said. It's a manifestation of your own fears but be all know that fear is a path to the darkside.
 igyman
02-04-2006, 12:16 PM
Yes, and that's what makes this Force Duplicate possible - there's always a chance for your character to fall to the dark side - so, if your character is on the light side, then it is a manifestation of his fears and if he/she is on the dark side, then it is a manifestation of what he/she aspires to be (or maybe the fear of failing to become that).
 Clone L68362
02-04-2006, 1:01 PM
All of those choices except the first one are weird. Why would I have trouble fighting a Mando merc if I'm a Jedi? Or a crimelord? Or myself?
 igyman
02-04-2006, 1:23 PM
One's worst enemy is one's self.
 JediMaster12
02-05-2006, 3:01 AM
True. The worst enemy is oneself yet oneself is one's best friend. Keep your friends close but your enemies closer.

The Sith/Jedi idea was a good one too and this Force manifestation of oneself could actually make it some really freaky horror film yet it can hold water.
 Aurora Merlow
02-05-2006, 7:05 AM
i'd prefer it to be the leader of the true sith, which i can only assume will be who we're fighting in K3. I don't personally think anything but another force user would be a challenge especially as i think we will be talking about a high level PC. The clone thing is kind of interesting but its been done before
 Vladimir-Vlada
02-05-2006, 7:54 AM
I would like that the Nemesis is the one based on the choices you make. They can be either the Sith or the Jedi, Empire or the Republic and so on. While I was thinking that the main enemy (light side) should be the Sith'ari and other most powerful Sith Lords that form a Council to destroy you.

While the other option (dark side) should be some of your party members.
 arvik
02-05-2006, 10:12 AM
DArk Side or light side, either way, there should be someone out there trying to kick your butt.
 Ztalker
02-05-2006, 10:16 AM
The idea of having a nemesis is cool.
A guy that also levels through the game, and becomes the opposite of what you are.
Maybe it should originate from padawan training. If you choose good, he'll turn bad, orso :)
 arvik
02-05-2006, 10:28 AM
ANd you defet him, not at the end of the game, but close to it. Finding out vitsl information about either you or the main enemy.
 RobQel-Droma
02-05-2006, 10:48 AM
The guy could almost be a DS version of yourself, who is going through the game just like you are and also fighting you.
 arvik
02-05-2006, 11:14 AM
Or if you are on the dark side it could be ls.
 JediMaster12
02-06-2006, 2:04 AM
The more I read this thread, the more I like the possibility. TSL was all about making choices, this would take it to the extreme.
 darth_traya
02-06-2006, 4:28 AM
How about you and another pupil are being trained by one master. Then your master is brutally betrayed. The other pupil (if you are light side) gets enraged and slaughters the murderers giving in to the dark side of the force. He then realises the power of the dark side and tries to take over the galaxy. You meet him on several occasions and must thwart his efforts every time. Or you could become the sith and he remains true to the light.

He could be the oposite of your choices ie. you do good and he goes bad etc.

A good idea but this should only be a subplot in the game that ties in well to the main story
 arvik
02-06-2006, 4:59 AM
yeah, that's okay. But not as really take over the galaxy but help a dark master accomplish it.
 Cygnus Q'ol
02-06-2006, 9:13 AM
Hmmmmm. That could be a workable idea.

But, would this force opposite and the "search for" or "evade from" be the main story nemesis for your main character?

I'm not too sure. It could be a workable sub-plot or a serious side quest.

I need to meditate on this.
 Prime
02-06-2006, 11:59 AM
Some kick ass Sith dude.
 JediMaster12
02-06-2006, 3:31 PM
Well this oppposite could be like how Mira describes Hanharr, always showing up at the worst possible moment. You can battle him until he loses half of his vitatlity and bits and pieces of the main quest would be revealled.
 arvik
02-08-2006, 6:04 AM
yeah, not really the main plot but a submain plot...

Your nemesis constantly battles you until close to the end

arvik, please refrain from 'bumping topics' and also double posting (That is having multiple posts in a row), I combined them for you this time. Forum Rules. (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=150980) Thanks. ;) -RH
 Adept Havelock
02-08-2006, 10:55 AM
A force duplicate? Maybe, as long as it's not named Joruus or Luuke.
 HerbieZ
02-08-2006, 11:25 AM
One of your own team, he buggers off for a while then a doody Sith comes along and tries to beat tha carp outta you. He then runs off, 5 minutes later, your companion comes back from the "toilet".
 arvik
02-08-2006, 3:28 PM
I think the name should be your own.
 The Source
02-08-2006, 3:47 PM
A possibility only:
Revan (Sith Lord)
Exile (Revan's Apprentice)

I don't like that idea, but it is a possibility.
 igyman
02-08-2006, 3:49 PM
A possibility only:
Revan (Sith Lord)
Exile (Revan's Apprentice)

I don't like that idea, but it is a possibility.

A very unlikely possibility, if you ask me.
 The Source
02-08-2006, 3:54 PM
A very unlikely possibility, if you ask me.
Truthfully, anything is possible. Nothing is set in stone, and they could take the story into any direction. I do see that there is a possible chance for a Revan and Exile combination.
 igyman
02-08-2006, 4:00 PM
Truthfully, anything is possible. Nothing is set in stone, and they could take the story into any direction. I do see that there is a possible chance for a Revan and Exile combination.

Well, OK, I guess I could agree with that, but if we were to play a new character in KoTOR 3, I really can't imagine him/her meeting Revan, or the Exile in battle.
 JediMaster12
02-08-2006, 4:25 PM
No I would think it would be joining forces to fight the True Sith. That's the ultimate baddie and that is stone in my book. :D
 The Source
02-08-2006, 4:28 PM
No I would think it would be joining forces to fight the True Sith. That's the ultimate baddie and that is stone in my book. :D
Or, they both will be running after the dark threat, and both of them will become currupt.

KotOR III could shadow KotOR I.
Revan (Master)
Malak (Apprentice)

Revan (Master)
Exile (Apprentice)

or-

The Exile is Revan's real Master, and the Exile brings Revan back to the darkside. After all Kreia was Revan's Master, but she mentioned that Revan had multiple Masters.
 igyman
02-08-2006, 4:47 PM
The Exile is Revan's real Master, and the Exile brings Revan back to the darkside. After all Kreia was Revan's Master, but she mentioned that Revan had multiple Masters.

Yes, she did say that, but if you think about it a little, you'll see that if the Exile was one of Revan's masters, there would be no point in he/she asking about Revan's masters.

So, in conclusion and furthermore, ergo and et cetera :whacked: - that version of events is impossible!
 The Source
02-08-2006, 4:57 PM
Yes, she did say that, but if you think about it a little, you'll see that if the Exile was one of Revan's masters, there would be no point in he/she asking about Revan's masters.

So, in conclusion and furthermore, ergo and et cetera :whacked: - that version of events is impossible!
Everyone has a different interpretation, which is based upon their past experiences. All the interpretations in this thread are based upon everyone's previous experience with a variety of sources. Games, Novels, etc... Everyone's interpretation will be different from the rest, and they are all correct based upon their view of the world.

I think that a creative mind could manipulate any type of story to create an infinite of collations. There is definately rooms in KotOR II's storyarch for the Exile to be Revan's Master. Also, there is room for the Exile and Revan to both become Sith Lords in KotOR III.

It is all about manipulating the storyarch to fit into your matrix.
 igyman
02-08-2006, 4:58 PM
Good point, but I still think it's a bad idea (to say the least).
 The Source
02-08-2006, 5:06 PM
Good point, but I still think it's a bad idea (to say the least).
Its all about how you tell the story. Some bad ideas turn out to be exceptional, and some don't have a chance to be great.
 arvik
02-09-2006, 5:31 PM
ok. I have another Idea. When you are about to finish off your nemesis he asks for mercy. If you say yes, he joins your party. If you say no, you take your lightsaber and stab it straight through his head.
Page: 1 of 2