Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Who do you want to play as in KoTOR 3?

Page: 4 of 5
 Terrific85
02-14-2006, 12:22 PM
i agree with bolsen i want to be a pure jedi this time but at the start of my training, possibly a jedi padawan.:)

i agree with bolsen and john- maybe your master dies for the twist in the story....
 Phaedra36
02-14-2006, 12:54 PM
Well I don't care how they handle with the Exile and Revan, as long as they finish everyone's story that is connected to them. Carth,Bastila,Atton,etc. Ultimately I think they should still just be a major npc, but I guess be in some kind of robes to disguise themselves from the True Sith or something. I would like a few cutscenes wrapping up a story between Revan and the Exile's respective storylines with the major characters of I and II.
 igyman
02-14-2006, 1:39 PM
I think a new character would be cool. I mean, not to say Revan or Exile are dumb ideas, I just think a new game should be fresh.

While I agree that the game should be fresh, I don't think a new (third) main character is necessary to make the game fresh - it can be fresh with an old main character and a great storyline.

If I had my way, I would incorporate some of the characters from both 1 and 2 and have the new character meet up with Revan or Exile, or both. They'd help "New Guy" with his(or her) quest, probably to stop the Sith since that seems to be the theme. They wouldn't be NPCs that the main character commands, but rather mentors or guides like Obi Wan was to Luke.

I'm starting to see a pattern here. You are not the first one to propose that idea, but all of you who want this just don't realize how illogical it is to put a character around which the entire story revolves in a side role.

...Or maybe it could be Revan. Just have him(or her) start with "some" Force Powers, feats, and skills and play from there. Besides, I sure would like to where the "romance" part of the story goes.

Yes, definitely. You could start as Revan that way - customize him/her all the way to choosing the force powers (you'd get level 20 at the beginning of the game) and attributes, then you play a small part of the game that way and in the end the main Sith villain drains you of your powers (check out my storyline idea at ''What would be the beginning of your version of the KOTOR 3 story?'' thread) and you are forced to start from level 1 (as you should).
 JediMaster12
02-14-2006, 3:02 PM
We could start with Revan but then we would have to figure out where to start because Revan is supposed to be somewhere in the Unknown Regions and the Exile went to go help. That is one of the reasons that I voted for a new PC and the other was that I couldn't justify how to start with a level one Revan. Reading these posts have enlightened me to some ideas but I'm still not convinced that it is justified enough. I've read very little about the Exile and found that some want to kill him off right away. That blows in my opinion but still my same reasons apply to the Exile if say we were to start with the Exile instead of Revan.
 igyman
02-14-2006, 3:10 PM
@JediMaster12
I've already figured out where to start. Remember my Dark Planet thing?
There's an updated version of that idea at ''What would be the beginning of your version of the KOTOR 3 story?'' thread, if you're interested.
 Vladimir-Vlada
02-14-2006, 3:15 PM
That is one of the reasons that I voted for a new PC and the other was that I couldn't justify how to start with a level one Revan.
I understand that you are sceptic about Revan or the Exile starting as level 1. I agree about the Exile, the easiest place to put him in is as a party member. But you can see that there are tons of explanations of how Revan became level 1. He could have been captured and tortured (igyman's as far as I remember). Maybe Nilhus syphoned the Force out of him, nearly killing him (this one was my idea). And so on and so on.
 igyman
02-14-2006, 3:18 PM
He could have been captured and tortured (igyman's as far as I remember).

Not exactly captured, but you could say tortured.
 JediMaster12
02-14-2006, 4:03 PM
I understand that you are sceptic about Revan or the Exile starting as level 1. I agree about the Exile, the easiest place to put him in is as a party member. But you can see that there are tons of explanations of how Revan became level 1. He could have been captured and tortured (igyman's as far as I remember). Maybe Nilhus syphoned the Force out of him, nearly killing him (this one was my idea). And so on and so on.

Maybe. I'm just putting too much thought into this and I might blow a brain gasket. :D Those are valid explanations. I guess I just want to see someone new, one who has possibly gone through the restoration on the Outer Rim worlds and maybe remembers the Exile and learns of Revan or it could be the other way around. That was an idea I was toying with for awhile and I thought it the most plausible, IMO, since Revan and the Exile where suppose to 'disappear' into the Unknown Regions. Who knows? I'm just a rambling 21 year old fool who doesn't know anything. :D
 igyman
02-14-2006, 4:21 PM
I'm not so sure they were supposed to disappear in the Unknown Regions, they definitely went there, though.
 Aurora Merlow
02-15-2006, 8:41 AM
Would love to play as Revan again, that would be my preference. But even i who wants it badly has to admit the logistics just don't add up. There are ways to get around it as i've suggested like Baldurs Gate 1 and 2, but in the context of the Kotor story its just too hard. I won't be to disappointed if we get a new PC as long as the story is sound and we wrap up what happened to Revan and the Exile
 JediMaster12
02-15-2006, 10:59 AM
I'm not so sure they were supposed to disappear in the Unknown Regions, they definitely went there, though.

Well the archives I read, whatever they are called, said that Revan did disappear and also mentioned that it was written that if the Ebon Hawk were to return, there would be disasterous consequences like a dark evil or something like that. That was before the blurbs that were part of TSL's storyline. Sooo I gues it comes to how history is interpretated Ja?
 Vladimir-Vlada
02-15-2006, 11:03 AM
also mentioned that it was written that if the Ebon Hawk were to return, there would be disasterous consequences like a dark evil or something like that.
:confused: Where did you get this and what does it mean? :confused:
 igyman
02-15-2006, 11:08 AM
Looks like it does. I just hope it gets interpreted my way (don't we all) - in favour of Revan being the main character in K3 (I know I'm becoming boring with this, but it has its purpose: you will all join the Revan Side in the end! Bwahahahahha!!!!)
 JediMaster12
02-15-2006, 12:27 PM
@ Vlad: If I remember correctly it was at the official site for TSL. I can't remember how to get to it if it's still up but if I find it I'll let you know.

Edit: I found it and I misread it but here it is: http://www.lucasarts.com/games/swkotor_sithlords/indexLight.html)
Its under Chronicles Part XII
 Vladimir-Vlada
02-15-2006, 1:57 PM
Revan is focused with a single purpose: locating the source of the dark power on MALACHOR V. Those awaiting Revan's arrival, including members of the Sith and the Jedi, are shocked when he fails to return from this pilgrimage. It is unknown whether Revan destroyed or resurrected the primal Sith forces on this forbidden planetoid.
Hm... Seems like that this supports igiyman's and my theory. With just this, Revan can easily become a PC, starting level 1.

The other chronicles, seem to indicate towards something... Although I haven't read them all.
 igyman
02-15-2006, 2:41 PM
I've seen those chronicles long ago, they do fill a few holes between KoTOR 1 and TSL.

Edit: People, you are voting, but you aren't posting your opinions. I've read a lot of similar opinions as to why we should play as a new character in KoTOR 3 and some reasons for playing as Revan, but there are some who voted for the Exile and I would like to hear their reasons for that choice.

igyman, please refrain from 'bumping' threads as it is against the rules, (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=150980) bumping a discussion topic for a content update is one thing, but posting about "people not posting when they vote" doesn't qualify as a reason for a 'bumping' double post. Please use the 'edit this' post function if you have the last post in a thread and wish to add something. Thanks. -RH
 andyfed83
02-16-2006, 8:18 PM
Yes, definitely. You could start as Revan that way - customize him/her all the way to choosing the force powers (you'd get level 20 at the beginning of the game) and attributes, then you play a small part of the game that way and in the end the main Sith villain drains you of your powers (check out my storyline idea at ''What would be the beginning of your version of the KOTOR 3 story?'' thread) and you are forced to start from level 1 (as you should).

Dude, that's catchy! The Force Powers are drained and Revan is exhausted, so he go to the Unknown Region to recuperate and gain his strength. I don't know if that fits in with your storyline, but it was just a thought.
 igyman
02-17-2006, 5:04 PM
If you've checked my storyline idea at the ''What would be the beginning of your version of the KoTOR 3 story?'' thread I'd be glad to hear your opinion on it.
 khawk
03-03-2006, 9:42 AM
O Boy, every forum wants to close my threads. Well. Here goes:

Sorry that I cannot post it in a poll. Too many options. Well, everyone get the idea right. Who would you want to have as the PC in Kotor III. This poll is also in place at the obsidian and bioware boards.

1) Revan
2) The Exile
3) Revan’s son/daughter born during the Mandalorian wars
4) Revan’s son/daughter born after the Jedi Civil war
5) Darth Malak’s son/daughter
6) Kreia’s son/daughter
7) One of the True Sith (with pure Sith blood)
8) A Jedi padawan grown up on a Republic world or someone discovered by the Jedi order and taken in for training*
9) A force sensitive grown up in the Outer rim or in the Unknown regions (not discovered by the Jedi) *
10) A non force sensitive (an assassin / bounty hunter / mercenary etc.) *
11) Someone related to Bastila
12) A non force sensitive who found a force anomaly who transferred you into one of the most powerful Jedi of this age *
13) A wound in the force, created by the Exile
14) A Jedi who followed Revan during the Mandalorian Wars and became Sith.
15) The son/daughter of Saul Karath
16) A Mandalorian Jedi
17) Other suggestions are welcome, please indicate on this thread.

Well, a lot more options for a new character I would say.
The one's marked with a * gives the possibility to play as another species.
 igyman
03-03-2006, 1:00 PM
Hmmm, there are some very interesting options on that list, but I don't think they're good for KoTOR 3, they are much better for KoTOR 4 (if there ever gets to be any), so I think I'll stick to my original opinion regarding the KoTOR 3 PC - it should be Revan.
 khawk
03-03-2006, 2:33 PM
Hmmm, there are some very interesting options on that list, but I don't think they're good for KoTOR 3, they are much better for KoTOR 4 (if there ever gets to be any), so I think I'll stick to my original opinion regarding the KoTOR 3 PC - it should be Revan.

Thanks for your vote Igyman.
Your vote off course goes to 1) Revan
 marvidchano
03-03-2006, 3:29 PM
I couldn't really give a damn but i'd rather play as Revan to see where he ends up how he ends up with bastila... what he does etc
 andyfed83
03-05-2006, 8:46 PM
I like the idea of assassin\bounty hunter\mercenary. New classes are cool.But to have then non-force sensetive? Kinda defeats the purpose of the name: KNIGHTS of the Old Republic doesn't it?
 RedHawke
03-05-2006, 10:05 PM
New classes are cool. But to have then non-force sensetive? Kinda defeats the purpose of the name: KNIGHTS of the Old Republic doesn't it?
Yes, yes it does... ;)
 TiGroundcrawler
03-06-2006, 10:07 AM
I didn't read the posts coz im in a hurry, so sorry if im stealing someone opinons.
I think that it should be a new character, maybe a young boy/girl maybe 10-15 years old. you are found by a jedi ' exiled maybe' this jedi begins to train you as you are a force sensitive. Or maybe not. Just a thought.

Edit: A Jedi padawan grown up on a Republic world or someone discovered by the Jedi order and taken in for training. Totaly gets my vote.
 Prime
03-06-2006, 10:32 AM
I like the idea of assassin\bounty hunter\mercenary. New classes are cool.But to have then non-force sensetive? Kinda defeats the purpose of the name: KNIGHTS of the Old Republic doesn't it?You are right. However, such a game focusing on non-force-sensatives would be a lot of fun IMO.
 igyman
03-06-2006, 4:00 PM
Thanks for your vote Igyman.
Your vote off course goes to 1) Revan

My vote went to Revan long ago, since I'm the guy who started this thread.

You are right. However, such a game focusing on non-force-sensatives would be a lot of fun IMO.

It probably would, but it wouldn't be Knights.
 Non-false Jedi
03-12-2006, 6:01 AM
I've been thiking, origionally i believe i voted for a new character, but maybe it would be better to play as the exile? His(her) story was completly cut off at the end of TSL, and it would solve the problem of creating too many pc faces. Adn i think both Revan and the Exile would have to be major characters, so i wonder if 3 pc-ish characters would be too many for the story?
 Mandalorian BH
03-12-2006, 10:13 AM
I think that you should be a completely new character and have Revan or the exile or both as party members.
 Diego Varen
03-16-2006, 1:41 AM
Originally I think you should be a new character, but I think you should be the Exile. Why? Because his/her Story isn't finished. There is a way to bring the Exile back to Level 1. You can say that he/she was injured during the battle with Traya. Also as I've seen in previous posts, maybe three PCs are too much. After TSL (LS Story), the Exile has dropped off all the NPC's on Coruscant to start a new Jedi Order, while he goes into the Unknown Regions with T3 and HK (Who are also back at Level 1). Then later if Female, you play as a Level 20 Atton/Disciple and if Male you play as Visas/Handmaiden to find a Ship to get to the Unknown Regions. In the Unknown Regions, the Exile could find new Party Members. All of them being Aliens. You could have a Chiss and a Rakatan in your Party. My new idea.
 Renegade Puma
03-16-2006, 2:53 AM
New character. I want to be a REAL Jedi, at the start of my training. The Republic is now facing total extinction. So the Order sends me off to find Revan and The Exile, with the fate of the galaxy in my hands.
 DarkLord152
03-16-2006, 8:08 PM
I say NPC cause you can start off fresh and be a Jedi Knight in the making.
 Beast-Thrasher
04-03-2006, 9:18 PM
I want to be a new character from Alderaan that would be pretty sweet and then he gets picked up by say Mira who feels him/her through the force bla bla bla...
 Angelos Kumani
04-03-2006, 9:28 PM
Here are my two ideas that I would like to see for the new PC character in KOTOR 3...

Light Side Back Story
After defeating Darth Traya the betrayer, the Exile was ready to silence the echo of Malachor, this time prepared for the consequencese of activating the Mass Shadow Generator for the second time. Although Goto had programmed his droid to intervene in the case that the General gave the order he did not count on the Exile ordering HK-47 to assist Bao Dur’s remote in achieving its final task. Together, Hk-47 and the remote were able to defeat Goto’s droid. HK-47 returned to the Exile with the news that all the preparations were made and the generator was ready to be activated. After gathering his friends and allies from the prisons of the Trayus Academy, the Exile was able to use the force to bring the Ebon Hawk back form the core of the planet. Once all were aboard and the Ebon Hawk was in the planet’s orbit, the Exile again gave the order to activate the Mass Shadow Generator to Bao Dur. At last, both would be able to put the demons of their past behind them. Bao Dur simply nodded and the task was done. The echo of Malachor that had spread across the galaxy was finally silenced. Knowing that he/she would have no other choice but to follow Revan, the Exile quietly mediated alone. After some time the Exile emerged to inform his/her friends that they would return to Coruscant to rebuild the jedi order. The Exile along with those that he had trained to feel the force would become the new council. Their first charge would be to reopen the jedi temple on Coruscant and then start the search for the remaining lost jedi. After arriving on Coruscant and opening the jedi temple, the Exile explained to the rest of the council that the time had come for their separation. Brianna, Atton, Mira, Visas Marr, Bao Dur and the Disciple were to remain behind and begin the search for the lost jedi. They would be charged with rebuilding the order and ensuring that republic was strong. The Exile’s path now followed Revan into the unknown regions – the only companion that the Exile would take was T3M4. Before leaving the Exile finds the first of the lost jedi for the council (this will be your player character), he/she was a young citizen of Coruscant that came to the temple because they felt unexplainably drawn there. Your journey begins with the description of the Exile to the council and why you were told to come before them. Accompanying you will be HK-47 who has been ordered by the Exile to assist (your character) in finding the HK-50 droid factory and ensuring that they do not continue to hunt jedi.

Dark Side Back Story
After crushing Kreia and feeding her body to the core of the planet, the Exile felt the rush of power, power that Malachor only gave to the strongest. It was within the rage of this storm that the Exile saw that his/her path was clear, he/she must find Revan. To do so the Exile would need to rip one of the graveyard ships form the orbit of Malchor to be his new vessel. But first he/she would need to deal with the weakness that his followers had exhibited, none had been able to stand against Kreia and none would be worthy to travel with him/her again. Their punishment would be the same; weakness, stagnation. Those that had failed to show their strength would remain behind on Malachor, but they would not become completely useless. After being released from the cells of the Trayus Academy; Atton, Brianna, Bao Dur, Hanharr, the Disciple, T3M4 and HK-47 would learn their fate. The Exile explained that only those with strength would accompany him/her on the next journey and they had all failed that test. He/She told them that the echo of Malachor was what gave them power, the power to spread across the galaxy and influence all those that heard the echo. It was from this power that they would remain useful to the Exile. In time he/she explained those that hear the echo will seek you out – remain here wait for them, when they come train them and make them strong. Let them feel the power of Malachor flow through their bodies and teach them how to use that power to gain all that they desire. The Exile had one final order for HK-47, the Exile stated that there would be a man/woman that would come to this place – they would be marked by the force (this is your player character). When they are trained travel with them find the HK-50 factory and destroy it, they could not afford to have rogue droids hunting down soldiers of the Exile’s army. As the Exile traveled to the surface he/she was joined by Goto’s droid – the only servant to show strength. Goto’s droid was successful in preventing Bao Dur’s remote from activiating the Mass Shadow Generator again. The droid’s reward was to travel with the Exile to find Revan.
 ScieX
04-04-2006, 7:38 PM
Revan all the way... i hated the exile.
 Beast-Thrasher
04-04-2006, 10:47 PM
Here are my two ideas that I would like to see for the new PC character in KOTOR 3...
(Edited for space)
I have to say that both your stories are awesome, thanks to you the LS ending to K2 makes sense. When the Ebon Hawk reappears it has just the exile using the Force and smoothing out the dents. Lol it makes more sense to me now thanks! Anywho Besides the story there is one thing that I want to point out is wrong Goto's droid is GO-TO. It isn't some guy that looks through what the droid is seeing on some planet far away. GO-TO is Goto it's just a droid. The droid looked at holograms of actors for his personality, if people knew GO-TO was just a droid they would of killed him long ago. If you don't believe me go to Wikipedia and you have to look for some GO-TO information but its there. I was kinda surprised when I read it but it does make sense after you read it and think about it.

I'm making my own story on how K3 should start, I totally forgot about the HK-50 factory. Heck I forgot about Jolee and Juhani before I went into the Force ghost thread.
 Angelos Kumani
04-05-2006, 10:58 AM
@Beast-Thrasher

Thanks.

Of course those story lines would only work well for a continuation of the plot/storyline from TSL. IF, they decide to jump ahead in the time line again - not sure that it would work or apply well.

Also, I understand what you're saying about GO-TO > I still felt like the droid in your company was a representative of GO-TO's not Go-TO himself. I still think that GO-TO is a droid (an excellent assumption that I read on one of the forums is that GO-TO is the missing Ithorian Droid), but I don't think that he would threaten to destroy himself (check out the dialouge when the droid first appears).

KOTOR 3 (if made) has the potential to have a great story line - the basics are all there, they just need to finish the Revan/Exile story.
 igyman
04-11-2006, 5:18 PM
New character. I want to be a REAL Jedi, at the start of my training. The Republic is now facing total extinction. So the Order sends me off to find Revan and The Exile, with the fate of the galaxy in my hands.

So, you're saying that Revan and the Exile weren't real Jedi?

Revan all the way... i hated the exile.

That's what I wanna hear (read)!

...IF, they decide to jump ahead in the time line again - not sure that it would work or apply well.

They most likely will jump ahead in the timeline, so I suggest rewriting your story, or making a new one about 1-5 years after TSL.

...I still think that GO-TO is a droid (an excellent assumption that I read on one of the forums is that GO-TO is the missing Ithorian Droid), but I don't think that he would threaten to destroy himself (check out the dialouge when the droid first appears).

It's not an assumption, it's fact! G0-T0 (Goto) is the missing Droid Intelligence, he admits that himself when you gain enough influence to confront him about that. It's also when G0-T0 admits that he IS Goto.
 Angelos Kumani
04-11-2006, 6:34 PM
@Iggy...I never got that far influencing GOTO - didn't think that he was that great of a droid, when I went dark side and took a droid I always went with HK, much better to hear "meatbag" and "statement", etc. (at least gives me a reason to try to max out influence with Goto)...
 igyman
04-12-2006, 4:33 PM
HK is definitely the best droid character is Star Wars! As for G0-T0, I didn't take him with me much, either, but at some point I decided to try to find out what he has to say.
 Shato Khan
04-19-2006, 2:46 AM
deafantly reaven a new charcter is ok
 The_Catto
04-19-2006, 10:59 AM
id prefer a new PC, start the game when starting your training at the rebuilt enclave at Dantooine(perhaps some Force Sensitives took refuge there and honed thier skills and decided to teach others aswell ... always a possibility), But make cameo's by revan and the exile through out the game, but not as party members, too strong to be a part of your party.
 igyman
04-22-2006, 10:33 AM
...start the game when starting your training at the rebuilt enclave at Dantooine...

Why does everyone think the Dantooine enclave will be rebuilt. It won't! Kreia said so in both dark and light versions of Dantooine's future. If we get a new character and get to visit a Jedi academy, it is more likely that we will visit Coruscant.
 bobogarcia
04-22-2006, 10:45 AM
I would like a new PC, but find out what happened to Revan. Maybe have a party member from 1 or 2 return
 Dark Lord Revan
04-22-2006, 8:47 PM
Like Revan in Kotor but without the mind-wipe

A republic Soldeir who served in The mando wars with Revan and the Exile, then to set up the Class, jedi class. etc or revan and Exile another soldier asks him about the wars...of coarse there should be an option of nuetrality to get it rolling

Then later you become a jedi

There should also be 2 planets, along with others of coarse

1 for beong trained as a pure jedi, the other for pure sith...or something
 zadi
04-22-2006, 9:15 PM
I still would like a two-part game ala Tomb Raider Legends. The main portion of the game with new characters and a new PC but the secondary part to be playable flashbacks of Revan right after s/he leaves Carth into the unknown and part be playable flashbacks of Exile after Malachore. In TRL during the flashbacks we get to play as Lara for a level to complete part of the story then it reverts to the present. It would be nice for KOTOR3 to have that and in certain worlds we get a playable flashback of either Revan and/or Exile on that world doing whatever they needed to get done. Make sense?
 Atris2
04-22-2006, 9:34 PM
i would want a completely new character, its gets boring talking about revan and the exile non-stop
 alanrha
04-23-2006, 12:12 AM
A new character. Building your character is is essential to an RPG. Both Revan and the Exile are powerfull characters at the end of the games. Reusing them would be forced, I mean does anybody want to see Revan or the Exile mindwiped or cut off from the Force again?

I completely concur.
 tbl1
04-23-2006, 12:48 AM
i think this time it will be a new pc that starts his training as a new jedi or just finished it. The character has to be weak and neutral to start off with.
 Darth InSidious
04-23-2006, 8:37 AM
ON the whole subject of amnesia/mindwipe, your character will have this regardless of whether they're Revan, the Exile or someone new. Otherwise, you'll be able to learn next-to-nothing about your character's personality - a la the Exile in TSL.
Page: 4 of 5