Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Hardpoints

Page: 1 of 1
 Flying Beastie
04-27-2001, 2:47 PM
Can anybody point me to a program that'll let me edit weapon hardpoints on an opt?

I've already ransacked the files area of Darksaber's site, and neither Opt Explorer or OpTech will work on my machine.

I'm trying to modify a fan-made opt so I can use it outside of a shipset, but whoever made it (it's from the Babylon 5 TC) apparently forgot to assign hardpoints.

------------------
"Do fish-people eat fish, or would that be like humans eating monkeys?"
"Humans do eat monkeys. In fact humans eat other humans. . . Y'know, as a species, we are really quite unpleasant."
 JM
04-27-2001, 7:53 PM
How about using OPT2PRJ to (as the name suggests) convert the OPT to a ACE project file and then using ACE to edit it?

You would lose any self-illumination, transparency, and engine-glow information though, as these aren't defined in the ACE prj, so you'd have to use XEG and OPTEnhancer to redefine those.... http://www.xwingalliance.com/forums/frown.gif)
 CorellianTiger
05-01-2001, 6:49 AM
i've got a question along the same lines,

though i want to edit the capital ships that came with the game...

i tried that kewl fly all ships addon file and found the capital ships severely lacking in weapon fire control...

hence i want to make the capital ships much more functional like the YT-1300 & YT-2000 where the turrets can be handled by the AI when set to the auto-fire & defend modes, while still retaining some main gun firing control ... selectable between Turbo Laser & ion would be a nice touch ...

considering that when fighting against a capital ship, the capital ship is able to fire on multiple targets ...

imagine how it could enhance multiplayer games by having a capital ships "comandeered" by fellow players?

btw, i've tried both the binhex & MXvTed and was only able to change the types & colors of the lasers being used by the ship, such as making an isd into a rebel one, and a calamari to fire green color lasers... or ion canons....

i'll try the program mentioned above since engine glows and transparencies arn't a big issue with the large capital ships...

as far as i know, it's possibly the hardpoints assignments and re-keying them to the link, cycle, rack, start & end mapping... i'd be looking at a yt-2000 first to see the "connections" .... if anything else is involved, i'd sure like to find out...

if anyone has attempted or has tips on how to accomplish what i'm trying to do, reply or send me an e-mail...

btw, it's pointless of me using those editors to cheat & make the capitals faster or extra shielded since those values are already too easy to change with binhex or MxVted ... i just want flyable & "functional" capital ships http://www.xwingalliance.com/forums/smile.gif)

thx!!!
Page: 1 of 1