Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Frenzy-ing strategy

Page: 1 of 1
 biny
01-30-2006, 1:50 PM
I am trying to get legendary frenzys so i can use the elite rifle automatically.

Does anyone have any good strategies (in SP) for do this.

Currently, I play tantive and camp in one of the halls (far right one) and shoot anything that comes down the stairs. It works fairly well but it's redundant.

If anyone has an idea that will give me a variety of ways to get frenzys on multiple maps, please share.
 Commander Obi-Wan
01-30-2006, 2:15 PM
Play levels that have many units and play with 500% reinforcements.....
 biny
01-30-2006, 2:37 PM
are there any maps particularily good for this?
 MachineCult
01-30-2006, 2:50 PM
Death Star or Utapau have worked really well for me.
 PoiuyWired
01-30-2006, 5:17 PM
Actually deathstar have narrow corridors which would help, but you die easily.

So I suggest the following:
1) be on normal, so the aiming aid kicks in. (I think it might help but I played elite getting them)

2) Aim at, or slightly above the head. Forget about bursts, spray them in full at groups of people, strafe slightly all the way.

3) find a place near a health+ammo droid.

4) GCW is generally a better era for awards, cause in CW commanders/droidekas are harder to kill and may sometimes ruin your streak.

5) good maps, Jedi temple... be rebel and do it in the huge hallway.
 MachineCult
01-30-2006, 5:25 PM
2) Aim at, or slightly above the head. Forget about bursts, spray them in full at groups of people, strafe slightly all the way.

I agree with your other comments but spraying doesn't work well, the accuracy goes down way too far.
also full speed strafe would be best.
 Findannus
01-31-2006, 9:26 AM
Go to the death star, and stand at one end of the detention block corridor - if you aim for the head, it shouldn't take very long at all. There's also a nice heath droid in a close side room if you're getting low on health.
 PoiuyWired
01-31-2006, 2:38 PM
I agree with your other comments but spraying doesn't work well, the accuracy goes down way too far.
also full speed strafe would be best.

Well, I was refering to tactics in the Jedi Temple. Oops.

Well, if you are doing it right, with loads of AI, the imps are going down a stair, so even if you miss the shots will hit the heads of one of them imps walking down...

Also, the corridor seems to be a choke point, many AI would stop and shoot down the big hall. And health n Ammo is right around the corner.

And yes I know where the Death Star spot is, but often times the Ammo droid got trashed way too fast, though the health droid is surprisingly useful.
 Trouble
02-01-2006, 11:40 PM
I actually prefer the Mustafar map playing as Rebels. I'd run accross the bridge at the default spawn point and stand by the health droid on the other side, killing towards the Empire command post.
 dark jedi 8
02-04-2006, 5:05 PM
i found mos eisely to be very easy. start as imp or rebel. if imp start at command post closest to the cantina and work your way to the skiff. if rebel start at the cantina or the far north command post and work your way around taking the imps out. it worked for me and i got all of them there.
 biny
02-06-2006, 1:20 PM
Thank you all for your help
 biny
02-06-2006, 1:27 PM
How many do you expect i should be able to get per round? I have been able to get 3 before but i usually only get 1 or 2.
 PoiuyWired
02-06-2006, 5:46 PM
Depends on your renforcemtns setting and AI numbers really.

I did it on Kamino mainly camping the turrets and spraying down the unways, and with default renforcements and 24 AIs I manage to get around 4-6 per round, and a few gunslingers to top. Obviously you will get things like endurance and guardian too, but don't waste time on guardian, unless you want to do pistol also.

Personally I strongly suggest getting pistols up also, cause award pistol is good.
 biny
02-07-2006, 2:48 PM
I was gonna get pistol up next, after I do rifle. But when I've run out of ammo i use pistol until I get some more.
 PoiuyWired
02-07-2006, 5:53 PM
Well, once you get frenzy you need 30 seconds or "cooldown time" before you can die and start collecting frenzy again. So mind as well collect pistols, or try to.
 biny
02-07-2006, 7:57 PM
what do you mean?
 toue
02-07-2006, 11:42 PM
during that thirty seconds take a few hs with the pistol to try an get one or two i think he means
 biny
02-08-2006, 3:15 PM
oh ok
 PoiuyWired
02-08-2006, 4:09 PM
Yes, what he says.

Rather than idling for 30 seconds, you mind as well make it a pistol award run. Usually you will also get a guardian by the time you did all those.
 biny
02-09-2006, 12:16 PM
does it have to be 30 seconds or is that just a suggestion? I got the feeling from what you said that you HAD to wait 30 seconds for something.
 PoiuyWired
02-09-2006, 2:12 PM
Yes 30 seconds is not a suggestion, its necessary.

If you die within 30 seconds after you get the award, the bonus sticks even if you die, meaning you can't collect the same award in the new life(well, you can always die again).

So 30 seconds is the minimum time you have to wait before you die and start collecting again.
 biny
02-09-2006, 3:18 PM
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhh

That explains why if I got a frenzy then immediately died, I could get like 20 kills and not get another award!!! OK!!!
 toue
02-09-2006, 11:37 PM
they shoulda let you turn off that cause it gets REALLY annoying sometimes
 biny
02-10-2006, 1:06 PM
I agree.
 PoiuyWired
02-10-2006, 3:54 PM
they should let you turn off that bubble effect on your own guy.

You zoom in for shots and the effect blurrs your vision... :(
 biny
02-13-2006, 10:27 AM
Ya...

Thank for your help all.
 jawathehutt
02-17-2006, 11:10 PM
geonosis training
unlimited reinforcemnts
its noobish but you can get most awards on the map
 Niner_777
02-25-2006, 12:20 PM
I found that Kamino worked well. You can stand in the middle platform and get some cover while you shoot the enemies coming acoss the bridge. There is a health and ammo droid also, but leaving your cover could get you killed by turrets.
 PoiuyWired
02-27-2006, 3:29 PM
well, you should be shooting AT THE TURRETS!!!

Really easy way to get HS, since the head is always at the same place when manning a turret!!
 Unit 351
08-04-2006, 1:52 PM
The fastest and most easy way to get legendary frenzy is to do 1.Naboo hunt, 2.be the CIS and 3.shoot the rabid gungans. Make sure the difficulty is on elite, then after 30 seconds, suicide. Repeat steps 1-3 sixty-four times
 jake123456
10-02-2006, 7:14 PM
Ok guys, I spent 2 whole days playing online,trying to get legendary status. I got 64, even more medals for frenzy. Still there is no elite rifle.This is what I found in one of the hints to the game.(http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox/code/927130.html) I'm sure rules for x-box arte the same, althought i play pc version.Notice the last sentence.

Unlockable Medals and Award Weapons
You start off with all your medals at 0. This is Green status.
To unlock an award weapon for a specific medal you must first gain 4 medals in that category to achieve Veteran status for that medal. Then when you successfully obtain the medal you will gain your award weapon. You must switch to it to use it.
Veteran status allows you to gain an award weapon and also gives you a 30 second grace period in which if you die, you will respawn with the award weapon. If you die after this 30 second grace period, you have to earn the medal/weapon again.
Elite Status gives you the advantage of lowering the requirement for that particular medal by 25% e.g. Elite status in Frenzy will let you gain the Frenzy award with only 9 kills instead of 12, therefore making it easier to gain.
Legendary Status allows you to permanently unlock the Award for that medal. You still start with the default weapon and must switch to the Award Weapon after entering combat.
Heroes cannot obtain medals, except in the case of the Mos Eisley Assault level, where you can earn Endurance, Guardian and War Hero.
These are all gained in Single Player mode. Can only be used on XBL if the server allows it.

Its strange because you have grace priod, that means you can have elite status in multiplayer. I am sure i got 64 plus medals in frenzy by now, I counted them as I earned them. Still....no elite rifle. Why??? Did lucasarts turn of legendary status for multiplayer?

Is there anyone with permanent elite rifle or other permanent award weapons in MULTIPLAYER????? I havn't met anyone yet.
 TSR
11-02-2006, 9:59 AM
erm, the medals only apply to offline in legendary status i believe. On online play, you are given Veteran status in all areas, so as not to get the "better" gamers camping at main base firing grockets everywhere...
 Coza1000000
02-28-2007, 10:46 PM
I got the frenzy legendary status by using the marine class in space battles!

[Theres always a bigger fish]- Qui-Gon Jinn
 LordOfTheFish
11-02-2007, 7:58 PM
I find it easy to get on wide open levels or narrow levels.Levels like felucia and endor are hard to get them because of all the cammoflage.You cant see threw all of it.Never stop running always helps me to.Try and shoot two people next to each other.If you have aim ascistants onces you kill one it should probly lock on the to the one standing beside it.But thats just the way I do it.Probaly wont work for most people.
 chocy
11-03-2007, 6:44 AM
the best way to do it is make your opponant have loads of troops hunt em down and kill em
 Darth_Brunny
11-03-2007, 7:06 AM
I got Legendary Frenzy By Going on the Death Star, Tantive and being a marine on space battles the pilots dont put up much of a fight

I am Legendary in-

War Hero
Endurance
Guardian
Gunslinger
Elite Rifle
Flechette Shotgun
 LordOfTheFish
11-03-2007, 9:06 AM
I got Legendary Frenzy By Going on the Death Star, Tantive and being a marine on space battles the pilots dont put up much of a fight

I am Legendary in-

War Hero
Endurance
Guardian
Gunslinger
Elite Rifle
Flechette Shotgun

Thats another great way to do it.The hardest part is getting you ship there.
 chocy
11-03-2007, 4:43 PM
what iff you just use the invincabilaty code then you can get to the oponants ship without breaking a sweat
 LordOfTheFish
11-03-2007, 6:24 PM
Even though its not that bad its cheating
 Darth_Brunny
11-06-2007, 2:36 PM
Yeah you dont get the same satisfaction by cheating
 LordOfTheFish
11-06-2007, 6:07 PM
There will allways be that feeling.
 TripHammer
11-07-2007, 11:31 AM
Yeah you dont get the same satisfaction by cheating

EXACTLY! Where's the "game"?
 DarthDavis92
11-09-2007, 9:01 PM
I prefer to fight in a space battle and do the following:

1. get into a transport ship
2. wait for all my comrades to get in the ship
3. once they're in the ship, fly over to the enemy hangar
4. land the ship and make sure all the soldiers are out
5. shoot every enemy i see

this way, you can shoot all the enemies who always seem more interested in getting to their ships than shooting the guy who just invaded their ship
:twogun: :rifle1: :fire2:
 LordOfTheFish
11-13-2007, 2:08 PM
Yeah Space battles are one way to get frenzy easily :cowdance
Page: 1 of 1