Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Bryant's & Grey_Ghost's Mod V2.6G

Page: 2 of 3
 Vermel
01-29-2006, 11:16 AM
Is there only two speeds for gameplay? Or could I slow down the galactic time a bit more. The rebels spread very quickly while I'm simply putting a fleet together. The mod is great. Also if you play tech 1 do you get to research to full tech?
 Admiral Sith
01-29-2006, 1:52 PM
I get the exception, and when i Alt-Tab out and press cancel the game wont let me Alt-Tab back in and crashes, same with retry
 JamieEAWFiles
01-29-2006, 1:53 PM
I've mirrored this file at http://empireatwar.filefront.com/) for you :)
 Grey_Ghost
01-29-2006, 6:28 PM
Seeing as how your other NEW thread was closed, Id consider changing this to match what you posted before.
Meh, if that thread gets deleted I will.

By the way, I was playing the Empire Full Tech with 2.5 and the rebels were atacking me in many directions ON EASY.
Does anyone read the patch notes? They have always contained information on restoring the default difficulty levels.

If you find the game too hard even on Easy, then delete the file named DIFFICULTYADJUSTMENTS.XML in the XML directory
The game will use it's default settings

I get the exception, and when i Alt-Tab out and press cancel the game wont let me Alt-Tab back in and crashes, same with retry
When invading? I myself haven't had that happen for a long while.

Is there only two speeds for gameplay? Also if you play tech 1 do you get to research to full tech?
Yes you can slow down the speed of the game, it's in the game under Options/Game. Yes you can research to full tech playing the Tech 1 universe. Rebels use C3PO/R2D2 to steal tech from Empire. Empire uses research facilities.
 wswordsmen
01-30-2006, 4:47 PM
You might want to know that the speed of fleet commanders is to high/shiled recharge to fast/shield to fast.

I was being stupid and attacking an uncharted planet with an AT-AT a singal enemy fleet commander defended it (btw they still build lots of them spread out over the galixy) it took the 3 transports and an AT-AT barage well over an hour to kill it. Had I attacked with a storm trooper the battle would have never ended.
 halcyon36
01-30-2006, 5:34 PM
great mod
attacked kamino w/ 7 imp stars 3 vics and 5 tartans, killed enemy defenders in 5 min, spent the next 20 hunting down about 200 transports that were circling the map
 Grey_Ghost
01-30-2006, 5:52 PM
You might want to know that the speed of fleet commanders is to high/shiled recharge to fast/shield to fast.
Hero units that aren't attached to capital ships fly in special shuttles. I know the above situation sucks, but I really don't want to nerf those shuttles. If only I knew a way to get Space Retreat working.

Yeah they still make fleet commanders, but I've yet to see 60 of them in one system. I personally have rarely seen them at all.

great mod
attacked kamino w/ 7 imp stars 3 vics and 5 tartans, killed enemy defenders in 5 min, spent the next 20 hunting down about 200 transports that were circling the mapEven with time Fast Forward?

Just to be clear, this isn't my doing, just the way the Demo came. However if this is a really big problem, then I will look into turning these into fodder.
 sven8136
01-30-2006, 7:03 PM
Dunno if this is fixable, but just had to quit a game because of an invulnerable/invisible space station in orbit around alderon that I couldn't destroy. It showed up on mini-map but wouldn't blow up. Captial ships wouldn't attack it, but my tie fights/bombers where shooting at something where it was suppose to be. I was Empire vs Rebel by the way.
 sherlockemery
01-30-2006, 7:12 PM
Was Ackbar removed? When I play in full universe rebel tech level 1, he's not available...

Haven't tried any other of the mod options though...
 Ra2er
01-30-2006, 7:15 PM
Sven, I have a solution to the space station problem...
Here's the link to my post: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=159413)
 Grey_Ghost
01-30-2006, 7:38 PM
Dunno if this is fixable, but just had to quit a game because of an invulnerable/invisible space station in orbit around alderon that I couldn't destroy.All space stations use the Level 1 model & hardpoints. They should not be invisible. Are you using version 2.5G?

Was Ackbar removed? When I play in full universe rebel tech level 1, he's not available...Yeah I removed Piet and Ackbar from level 1 tech games. To add him back add the folowing in the CAMPAIGNS_SINGLEPLAYER.XML file your using among other such lines.

<Starting_Forces> Rebel, MonCalimari, Home_One </Starting_Forces>
<Starting_Forces> Empire, Coruscant, Piet_Team </Starting_Forces>
 sherlockemery
01-30-2006, 7:59 PM
OK! Thanks for the quick reply!
 toro45
01-30-2006, 9:08 PM
Can you build the ventors in this mod??
 Grey_Ghost
01-30-2006, 9:13 PM
Yes both sides have the Venetor
 quickymart
01-30-2006, 9:14 PM
no
 General Nuke Em
01-30-2006, 9:29 PM
Grey, looking through your XML code in the campaign folder, if you wanted the tech1 rebels to start with headhunters it should look like
<Starting_Forces> Rebel, Sullust, Z95_Rebel_Headhunter_Squadron </Starting_Forces>
and not
<Starting_Forces> Rebel, Hoth, Z95_Headhunter_Rebel_Squadron </Starting_Forces>
I believe, because
Z95_Headhunter_Rebel_Squadron
is what the unit is called in the squadrons.xml file. Because I sure didn't notice any Z95 headhunters in my starting forces when playing Rebels.

Hope that helps. :)
 sherlockemery
01-30-2006, 10:24 PM
Hey guys, I've got another question for you.

If I wanted my Venator's to spawn X-wings, what would I need to change in the UniqueUnits.xml file? Currently my file in regards to the Venator looks like this:

I've also been thinking of adding a Turbolaser or two, but haven't gotten that far....

Thanks!

Edit: I uploaded way to much script, had to cut that down as it would have been annoying to read. Let me know if you need to see more...

Edit #2: Just removed the annoying code, as I got my question answered.
 shmacdonald's
01-30-2006, 10:30 PM
Are the rebel's artillery still out? If so, how do you add them back in?
 toro45
01-31-2006, 6:26 PM
How come i cant play the rebs. Im tired of the imps but everytime i try to put rebel full tech or rebel tech 1 it makes me play as the empire.Ive tryed un-installing and deleting the XML file and replacing it. NOTHING WORKS!!
 Ra2er
01-31-2006, 6:59 PM
If only I knew a way to get Space Retreat working.

Grey_Ghost I've heard from many people that the retreat option is enabled in the Empire mod which uses Chriz's .exe file. I'm not sure how you'd get hold of that but the retreat option may work then.

Just a thought...
 kalasas
01-31-2006, 8:16 PM
yo this demo map sucks, i j got the new v 5, and it doesnt have any new maps?? wtc??
 Three60
01-31-2006, 8:30 PM
I'm confused... V 5 of what?
Anyway, can't wait to see the update!

How come i cant play the rebs. Im tired of the imps but everytime i try to put rebel full tech or rebel tech 1 it makes me play as the empire.Ive tryed un-installing and deleting the XML file and replacing it. NOTHING WORKS!!

I don't know, I've played Rebels. Not Imp yet, but I got rebel.
 quickymart
01-31-2006, 8:41 PM
yo this demo map sucks, i j got the new v 5, and it doesnt have any new maps?? wtc??

if you anything about anything you would know this demo only came with one space map and one land map for the galatic conquest. There are no other maps because they were not in the demo...so you suck and this mod rules
 Goldenshadow
01-31-2006, 8:53 PM
I got space retreating working! Follow this thread's instructions. http://pff.swrebellion.com/index.php?topic=2193.0)

Not sure who gets the credit here. The thread has a discussion about it though.

Anyway, Grey Ghost, you should add it to your mod now!
 kalasas
01-31-2006, 10:43 PM
if you anything about anything you would know this demo only came with one space map and one land map for the galatic conquest. There are no other maps because they were not in the demo...so you suck and this mod rules

ok dumbass you can make ur own maps when you mod the game. Dont say you cant because you can and i have seen them.
 quickymart
01-31-2006, 11:00 PM
ok dumbass you can make ur own maps when you mod the game. Dont say you cant because you can and i have seen them.

show me new maps then, pics or the mod works...thanks

edit: just to make something clear, i want to see player created maps, nothing that was already in the demo...thanks again
 DS_Vespidbat
01-31-2006, 11:19 PM
dont know y ur actually arguing with quicky because he was informing u that there was only 1 space and land map.if u would use the others(in the turitials) some units would be on the wrong side and wouldnt work
 Grey_Ghost
01-31-2006, 11:21 PM
How come i cant play the rebs.Works for me, and your the only one who's said anything about this, you must have it installed wrong or something.

Grey, looking through your XML code in the campaign folder, if you wanted the tech1 rebels to start with headhunters it should look like
Must be left over from Bryant, opps. Personally I don't think it's critical the Rebs get a free Z95 squad or not, but I will change it if I release another version.

Now that Retreating is out in the open, I might add an optional download that adds that in as well as Rebel Artillery while playing as the Rebels. I'm waiting to see if I can get the Imperial Arty working using the Rebs model.

Keep is civil please. Are you talking about the Galactic Map or the Space/Land battle maps?
 boc120
02-01-2006, 12:01 AM
Please do incorporate space retreat, if it wouldn't be too much trouble. Thanks in advance.
 Resonance
02-01-2006, 12:48 AM
Hey, im having trouble with this mod, i have tried installing it but when i run the game it doesnt change over. i followed the instructions given in the read me but it still doesnt work, could some one help me?
 Chemmy
02-01-2006, 12:57 AM
Thanks Ghost, without the tow cables for snowspeeders we kind of need artillery to take out AT-ATs :( Damn AT ATs :(.
 Grey_Ghost
02-01-2006, 1:01 AM
If it's in the right folders there shouldn't be a problem, here is a picture, hope it helps.
http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/6039/folders.gif)
 Resonance
02-01-2006, 1:13 AM
ok i see my problem now, thanks alot
 Grey_Ghost
02-01-2006, 4:51 AM
Thanks Ghost, without the tow cables for snowspeeders we kind of need artillery to take out AT-ATsEh? When I tested it the cable attack worked. A.I. even took out one of my AT-AT's when I forgot to bring an AT-AA in one of my test sessions.
 Master_Cain
02-01-2006, 5:05 AM
I got space retreating working! Follow this thread's instructions. http://pff.swrebellion.com/index.php?topic=2193.0)

Not sure who gets the credit here. The thread has a discussion about it though.

Me and NMA ;)
 Chemmy
02-01-2006, 7:28 AM
Eh? When I tested it the cable attack worked. A.I. even took out one of my AT-AT's when I forgot to bring an AT-AA in one of my test sessions.

Huh, when I tried it 3 of my speeders just flew in circles around it for a while and then were shot down in seconds by the at-AA. Maybe I should try it again without the AA shooting them down!
 Ra2er
02-01-2006, 9:07 AM
Cable attack doesn't work for me either. I've tried it in many different situations and it doesn't work...
 Three60
02-01-2006, 11:47 AM
I'm assuming that they look like A-Wings since the speeder model wasn't in there, but could that be the problem?
 DarthMaulUK
02-01-2006, 12:29 PM
I've just managed to download this mod myself and have a quick play. I'm back on broadband after my move but trying to find the time to play this outstanding Mod and update the website is a trick I have to master fast!

Great work guys. It has really opened the demo up and I just cant wait for the full release because I intend to take time off work to play!

DMUK
 Grey_Ghost
02-01-2006, 12:42 PM
I've seen them take down an AT-AT with cables more then a few times. AT-AA slaughter speeders, so probably would not happen when they are around. I remember there being a short buildup to the action.

********NEW VERSION ADDED********: Check the first post for notes D/L.

Lest someone finds a way to make new Land/Space maps, this may be my last update. Unless it requires a bug fix. Happy hunting!

BTW I'd like to thank everyone who has given kind words and advice on this Mod. I hope it tides you over untill SWEaW's final release day.
 Empirecitizen
02-01-2006, 12:45 PM
The cables not working?
I managed to save my AT-AT form a speeder ,which is tieing it up with the cable ,with my AT-AA.
And in older versions before, the pirates killed one of my ATAT with speeder.
They work for me
 boc120
02-01-2006, 12:46 PM
You're my hero Grey_Ghost. With space retreat added to everything else, this mod is by far the best out there. Thanks for all the hard work!
 Chemmy
02-01-2006, 12:56 PM
Thanks a lot for all your work ghost and bryant, this is by far the best mod out there.
 shmacdonald's
02-01-2006, 1:48 PM
Great update, thanks. Cables work okay for me too, even though sometimes I have to reissue the order.
 gswift
02-01-2006, 2:21 PM
If your speeders wont use cables, it's probably because the AT-AT is actually the major hero that's immune to cable attack. I thought my cables were not working at first, but they work fine when I'm not attacking that one guy (I think it's General Veers?)
 baraghIV
02-01-2006, 7:18 PM
awesome update, and the oodles of included data files (especially hardpoints.xml) are much appreciated :)
 Three60
02-01-2006, 9:33 PM
This... is awsome. Minus some graphics and the other pieces of the game, this is the same as the normal game. Great job!
 PRJ_Master
02-02-2006, 12:34 PM
(I'm posting this here because I'm using Bryant's 2.6g mod)

This has happened to me a couple times....the imps are invading my planet, and they call down a tie bomber run. Okay, not a big problem....I pull my troops out of the way. Then, immediately afterwards, they get ANOTHER tie bomber run. How do they do this, and, more importantly in my mind, how do I get to do it?

EDIT: also, I'm pretty sure that some planets don't have trade routes....not sure which ones....I'll give you a list after I play it again.
 Ryebread
02-02-2006, 4:04 PM
It must be a bug due to modding the demo. Live with it for another 14 days and then play the real deal.
 Slocket
02-02-2006, 5:45 PM
I played it straight for 10 hours without a crash. Very stable and works well. Good work. I only wish there was a savegame button!
Page: 2 of 3