Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Empire Mod for Chriz 5 mod

Page: 1 of 1
 Sithman1138
01-24-2006, 10:01 PM
I'm making a mod that lest you play as the Empire. The Very Easy BETA Version is done. I uploaded it to EAW Files. It's easy because of balanceing but thats a issue I'm resolving. This requires Chriz mod.....Or, you can just get the updated files for 56kers. I'll have both up as soon as their approved.
 Iamme
01-24-2006, 10:16 PM
you could just take the files from Byrants mode, they're not exactly extensive.
 lukeiamyourdad
01-24-2006, 11:11 PM
No you can't. It's actually a frowned upon practice to just take somebody else's files and use it for your own mod without asking first.
You can do it for your personnal use only.

A question of basic mod etiquette :)
 Iamme
01-25-2006, 12:26 AM
No you can't. It's actually a frowned upon practice to just take somebody else's files and use it for your own mod without asking first.

I didn't mean uncredited and as far as I know their is absolutely no difference between lifting them and doing them youself.

Besides, it's about an 8 second editing job for each of the three files, factions, campaigns_singleplayer and the story_sandbox file :)

EDIT: It would also be helpful if Sithman said what he was intending to do with the Empire. As it stands it's only changing those files around, unless he's balancing the campaigns_singleplayer file to find a good mix of starting units. Perhaps the AI?
 clone_troopa
01-25-2006, 2:19 AM

Not just mod etiquette, but human etiquette. It's a rule :)

Like for example, you copying the girl of my dreams as a public avatar! (dreams shattered)
 Sithman1138
01-25-2006, 4:28 AM
The rreason I did it was because for those who don't understand it, they can have it. And I'm trying to balance out AI's and things of that sort, but using his mod as a foundation. I could not post it if it would be such a problem. Let me know.
 christnet06
01-25-2006, 7:37 AM
Excellent MOD !!! Very good job, Thanks !!
 shadowsfm
01-25-2006, 8:39 AM
i was working on my mod, hoping i can get the missing heros working by giving them bodys and icons that i know works. well, screw it.
 Andy819
01-25-2006, 10:54 AM
ANy idea when it will be finished?
 Rebelknight
01-25-2006, 11:14 AM
anyone having trouble with the invis Imp ground unit? I think its the 8 leged cannon?
 Rebelknight
01-25-2006, 3:59 PM
Any ideas? This is not playable, your can't do land battle because of invis units? :/
 Sithman1138
01-25-2006, 7:59 PM
The units, as far as I'm concerned thru playing it, aren't invisible. I'll try the cannon though to see. I'll post the link tonight
Page: 1 of 1