Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Problem in Skirmish....

Page: 1 of 1
 nova_wolf
09-12-2000, 9:58 AM
Im am putting this in the Editing section, because I think it may be something to do with when the ships were made.
Its happens with most of the Capitol ships that are ADDED to XWA, and can affect fighter, added or original.
I am using the SFA ships only (Lazy I know)
I set up to fight against some new ships, say - Home 1 (SFA) and a Bulwark cruiser, with a Lt. Mon Cal frigate and some gunships scattered betwwen the two, and then you get the fighters. But when I start the game, the SFA ships end up over 99.99 away, and some the fighters appear to have been caught with them, an I can be bothered to cover the distance.
As you can imagine, this makes for some REALLY dull gaming, so - can any one of you .OPT buffs help me out ?

------------------
Nove Squadron, Elite B-Wing flight group stationed aboard the MC Oracle, home of the tech library.

'No capitol too large, no corvette too armed. NOVA squadron, for ALL your extermination needs. Our special at the moment - Eclipse Star Destroyers !'
Commander Jon 'DFMD' Adamson - leader of Nova Squadron (B-Wing ID = 'The White Witch')
 K_Kinnison
09-12-2000, 8:46 PM
This is one of the few bug in the NCA patch

If you are using a lot of NCA craft in the skirmish... it tend to do that. one solutions is to put the Big ships in the first slot for thier team... not prefect.. but it sometimes help

jsut limit the uses of the balwark, and the Eclipse
 nova_wolf
09-13-2000, 6:32 AM
Cheers for that.
Kinda annoying though - awell, ill just have to leave the eclispe all alone (Yeah - like it NEEDS back up !)

------------------
Nove Squadron, Elite B-Wing flight group stationed aboard the MC Oracle, home of the tech library.

'No capitol too large, no corvette too armed. NOVA squadron, for ALL your extermination needs. Our special at the moment - Eclipse Star Destroyers !'
Commander Jon 'DFMD' Adamson - leader of Nova Squadron (B-Wing ID = 'The White Witch')
 Sheldon
09-17-2000, 11:13 PM
Go to www.xwlegacy.net) (http://www.xwlegacy.net) and click on the Imperial Archive, there is a file made by Abolisher, which describes how you can get rid of that 99k prob.

------------------
Quitters never win. Winners never quit. But those who never quit AND never win are idiots.
 nova_wolf
09-18-2000, 11:33 AM
Cheers.
And, just as point of interest, I got a mtch vs a Bulwark working the other day - NEVER AGAIN !
I dropped TWO !! Ratings !
It is 4 times the size of an SSD, and no s**t on that one. It is AWESOME, and takes AGES and masses of weaponry to take out !
Anyway - thanks again !

------------------

Marril
09-18-2000, 9:55 PM
An even simpler way of avoiding that problem: don't use NCA. *gets beat up by various people* HEY!

Anyway, if you play the game w/out patches like that, it works fine... besides, I'm anti-hacking (XWAUP is just cosmetic changes, NCA is a rehaul of the entire game).

------------------
"And it came to pass that the Wrath of Oingo Boingo fell upon the land. And Oingo Boingo cried out and said, "Behold, I have a wrath and I have fallen out upon your land." And the villagers of the land were frightened and proclaimed to Oingo Boing, "Behold, we are frightened, because you have a wrath and have fell upon our land." And Oingo Boingo answered to them, "Its because of you being frightened because of my wrath and falling out upon your land, that I shall destroy you." And Oingo Boingo did so. And it was NOT good, for all those who did see the great Oingo Boingo fell to his wrath."
-Tyais 3:16

Why is it that whenever someone says SOL I am always in trouble... whether it be Standards of Learning or (the other version). I'm always screwed.
--Tyais

[This message has been edited by MISSINGNO. (edited _*-@&-@&^!).]
 nova_wolf
09-22-2000, 7:32 AM
Actually, the only file it actually changes is the ship and mission list file. And the ships are worthwhile having, as it adds a great deal of scope to what themed missions you can have :
E1, Battle of Yavin, Greater IMP Vs REP assaults, Corsec missions, better smuggler missions, Skyhook Battle from SOTE...
I rets my case !

------------------

Page: 1 of 1