Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Newbie Frustration

Page: 1 of 1
 Mongoose 001
09-03-2000, 6:18 AM
let me start by saying I'm new to these boards (not Bulletin Boards in general, just this one), so please bear with me and have some patience, despite the fact I'm suffering from clinical Newbie Frustration.

Firstly, I need to know how the heck to use Demon's BHE_XWA2025-something-er-other, because I'm quite frankly stuck. I've been to several tutorials that tell me to use BinHexEditor, but none tells me which file to open, and what to do when I get there. When I open the zip to the file, I'm encountered by a number of csv, txt, and bhe files, but not one exe. If anybody out there knows who to open and run BHE_XWA without smashing their head against the monitor until they halucenate(sp) using it, please tell me.

Thank you.
Mongoose 001

[This message has been edited by Mongoose 001 (edited September 03, 2000).]
 krispy
09-05-2000, 4:48 AM
I'd suggest using Michael Anderson's MXvTEd. It's much more user friendly, especially for newbies (ahem, like me). The link I had to his site is shot for some reason, does anyone have the link to the CEC? His prog doesn't even need a tutorial it's so easy to change stats with. If you're adding ships then it takes a little reading up on, but far less than BHE.
And it's "hallucinate". Right?

-krispy
Page: 1 of 1