Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Weird performance problems in xp

Page: 1 of 1
 Naso
01-21-2006, 7:26 PM
I've got a very fast computer with a gf6800 go ultra, and i get some odd stuttering when flying, nothing too bad i suppose, but the movies stutter incredibly badly, with about one or two frames playing, and then a second, and another two frames, and the sound is in sync with the stuttering. I'm guessing it might be the same problem. I've tried fooling with settings and such to no avail. ANyone else had this?
 jmrydholm
01-30-2006, 7:21 PM
Yes, the only problem I have now is the choppy movie scenes. My disc isn't scratched up (too badly) and I remedied the font problem regarding the NVidia cards' driver. I tried fiddling with the DirectX sound settings, but that didn't help...no idea why the movies are so darn choppy; this game would work perfectly for me if I could fix that! (IE: Title screen, when pausing/options, etc.)
 Brettzies
01-30-2006, 9:11 PM
I think if you turn off 3d sound in the xwing prefrences or options it will take care of the stuttering when flying. I have a Geforce6800 as well. Worked for me. You wouldn't think this would be a problem with new hardware and an old game, but apparently it was.

You could also try copying the movies to hard-disk, see the previous post about the Cinematics stuttering. I also think they are independent problems, at least they were in my case.
Page: 1 of 1