Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Defections

Page: 1 of 1
 Wedgey
07-08-2000, 11:46 AM
Is there any way to get the player craft to defect in XWA? I've been trying to make a mission where you start off on the Imperial team and then change back to the Rebel team once you've attacked a certain ship, but I can't get it working. Is it impossible or am I doing something wrong?
 General Taskor
07-08-2000, 1:08 PM
I have never tried that, but I was always wanted to make a mission like that. My mission that I was thinking about went like this. First you start off as a Imperial pilot on the last mission of XWA, You wish to defect and join the rebellion in the fight against DeathStar II. I thought that maybe if I could have the pilot (me) attack nearby imperials pilots to show the rebellion. I have no clue how you do that though.
 Wedgey
07-08-2000, 1:12 PM
I was trying to make it so that you started off flying a captured T/D, and you fly it into an Imp shipyard, then blow up a shuttle carrying Imperial officers, and once the shuttle has been attacked, your IFF goes back to Rebel, but I just can't get it working http://www.xwingalliance.com/forums/frown.gif)

Another thing - is there anywhere that I can download custom cockpits? I'm making a mission where you fly an ATR and the game uses the shuttle cockpit.
 General Taskor
07-08-2000, 1:14 PM
I wouldn't know about the custom cockpits. You have to e-mail someone that runs this site, I'm very sure they would know.
 Wedgey
07-08-2000, 1:46 PM
Ok I will do.
 RAF_Corran
07-09-2000, 6:43 PM
Cool idea tell me if you get it to work ok? thanks bye
 Wedgey
07-09-2000, 7:36 PM
I still haven't had any luck getting the defection working but I did make a mission where you fly on the Rebel team under an Imperial IFF, and you can still set things up so that the Imps all start attacking you after a certain event. It's not exactly what I was looking for but it does the job http://www.xwingalliance.com/forums/smile.gif)
Page: 1 of 1