Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Units have attitude problems

Page: 1 of 1
 MandaloreBIC
01-20-2006, 1:41 AM
have you noticed that when a rebel or imperial kills someone, they will often go to their dead bodies, and shoot it with their pistol? this is kinda dumb, becuse they do this even if your in their face, and yes it's funny, but it's.... stupid.
 REDJOHNNYMIKE
01-20-2006, 3:26 AM
If you can't beat em...;)
 zerted
01-20-2006, 5:01 AM
Yea. It gives you the nice chance to shoot them in the back.
 ParanoidAndroid
01-20-2006, 8:22 AM
Yeah, it's like they want to make sure your really dead or somthing, and not just faking...
 toue
01-20-2006, 11:58 AM
i've only really seen rebels do that and i must say that was a nice thing to add on to be more realistic although it goes wrong when it's a single soldier doing it in a room full of aware imps, wouldn't you want to do that to someone who took over your home planet?
 MachineCult
01-20-2006, 3:38 PM
lol, they do it even when theres a load of other stormtroopers shooting at them.
 Darth Andrew
01-20-2006, 5:02 PM
I bet they saw the footage of the clones slaughtering Aayla Secura on Felucia. ;)
 PoiuyWired
01-20-2006, 5:24 PM
No, they were doing "other nice things" to the warm dead body of Aayla Secura... :3

Well, wearing a Jedi Pelt is way cooler than a wookiee pelt...
 MachineCult
01-20-2006, 5:33 PM
How is any kind of pelt cool?

and if I were you I would erase that first comment you made.
 ParanoidAndroid
01-20-2006, 5:39 PM
I bet they saw the footage of the clones slaughtering Aayla Secura on Felucia.

Probably, can you really blame them though? I mean if I'm a clone trooper/stormtrooper/ battledroid/ other minor grunt and I manage to kill a jedi, i'm making sure they arn't faking. Don't want to end up with a saber through the back.
 Darth Andrew
01-20-2006, 6:21 PM
Probably, can you really blame them though? I mean if I'm a clone trooper/stormtrooper/ battledroid/ other minor grunt and I manage to kill a jedi, i'm making sure they arn't faking. Don't want to end up with a saber through the back.True. Very true, though I'm sure battle droids would know if their target is destroyed.

and if I were you I would erase that first comment you made.
I can assure you that's nothing compared to what else is muttered on this forum. ;)
 Fate's Decision
01-20-2006, 6:28 PM
There are way to many life-realistic things that they left out in this game to think to put in "shooting your enemies to make sure they're dead". In the real star wars universe, there are no such things as command posts and one shot with a blaster rifle kills most soldiers headshot or no.
 MachineCult
01-20-2006, 7:12 PM
I can assure you that's nothing compared to what else is muttered on this forum. ;)

I found what he said childish and distasteful, and not funny in the slightest.
 PoiuyWired
01-21-2006, 3:16 PM
Well, Maybe they are trying to "imitate" how players sometimes act online, though real players usually just spray their name on the spot instead.

It might be funny if all stormtroopers carry a spray can with their own Imp Logo though.
 REDJOHNNYMIKE
01-22-2006, 1:27 AM
@Fate's decision, if it didn't have CP's it wouldn't be a battlefield ripoff, like D'OH:D
And you must not have any skill with my sweet 1337 blastomatic award rifle;)

I kind of like having that feature....Am I the only one who does it to <_< >_>
It adds to the atmosphere:D

And as for Aayla (I did laugh by the way;)) it's possible, but if it's mainly the rebels I'd think they are more concerned over the Princesse abduction by Vader, or they were angry for a really long time.

Aside from necrophilia and corpse donning, has everyone considered the possibility of BBQ I mean those M.R.E.'s have to taste like cardboard after being on the frontlines for a few battles.
 PoiuyWired
01-22-2006, 2:42 PM
Well, corpse donning is done by quite a few in starwars... even Boba dons a wookiee pelt! DOn't tell me a twi'lek is more sacred. I will trust a wookiee more any day.

Back to topic, I think AIs shooting at corpses once in a while is nice, but ignoring being shot at is just a bit too much.
Page: 1 of 1