Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Kaelic's MEG Extractor

Page: 1 of 1
 Akaramu
01-19-2006, 9:50 PM
I spent hours after getting the demo figuring out the MEG structure and then writing this extractor in C++ just to find someone beat me to it! Well I don't care, I'm releasing my hard work anyway :P Perhaps someone will prefer mine, I don't know.

www.ethersoft.net/EmpireAtWar/Kaelic's%20MEG%20Extractor.zip)

Simply put it in the Empire At War GameData\Data directory, drag a MEG file onto the program and watch it work amazing wonders of gloriusly sloppy code, well atleast you don't have to see that part.
 robotsonic
01-19-2006, 9:56 PM
mate, i feel really sorry for you. but well done :)

i can't get yours to work though :/

it tells me that the 'application configuration is incorrect'

any ideas?
 Slocket
01-19-2006, 10:44 PM
Nothing wrong with having two versions, in case of one does not work.
 (TAG)Rebel_Stri
01-20-2006, 12:40 AM
the other one didnt work, ill try urs!
 (TAG)Rebel_Stri
01-20-2006, 12:46 AM
ITS NOT WORKING!!!!! idk why though. i put it in the Data folder in the EaW file, but still no new units!
 eaterofpies
01-20-2006, 4:54 AM
I spent hours after getting the demo figuring out the MEG structure and then writing this extractor in C++ just to find someone beat me to it! Well I don't care, I'm releasing my hard work anyway :P Perhaps someone will prefer mine, I don't know.

www.ethersoft.net/EmpireAtWar/Kaelic's%20MEG%20Extractor.zip)

Simply put it in the Empire At War GameData\Data directory, drag a MEG file onto the program and watch it work amazing wonders of gloriusly sloppy code, well atleast you don't have to see that part.

heh i rushed mine out because there was already a mod :)

seriously yours is probably a bunch better than mine as mines a total hack.

Dont suppost youve identified those 4 bytes i mention in the readme for mine?? or you could list the things youve tried so I dont duplicate any more work.

as i mentioned in the thread for my one its not any kind crc as far as i can tell I thought it might be the sum of all of the bytes in the file up to that point but the numbers dont look right for that

so im pretty much stumped

direct link to the readme with the bits of the file ive worked out so far

and i really wish id done mine in an object orientated language . . . proper object orientation would have been usefull

http://dedibox.geezas.com/~pies/EAWUnpack.TXT)
 Tyler_Durden
01-20-2006, 5:14 PM
well guys, it looks like none of these tools work properly. I get runtime errors with one and the other one doesn't launch.
 Admiral Sith
01-20-2006, 6:50 PM
This one works for me, got all the folders from the mod, since i dont have the Demo :(. Now i can try some modding
 troop5
01-20-2006, 9:26 PM
it tells me that the 'application configuration is incorrect'

Same here, we cant get your extractor to work. Why? We need some kind of runtime files or what?
Page: 1 of 1