Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

First mod for demo

Page: 1 of 2
 MasterJack
01-19-2006, 6:09 PM
There is a mod for the demo that unlocks a new tank, and two new ships for the rebels. It is from the german site EAWHQ.

It can be found here: http://rapidshare.de/files/11370039/chriz_mod2.rar.html)

or at their site :http://www.eawhq.de/)
 Imgnryflgdotcom
01-19-2006, 6:16 PM
Dude, sweet.
thanks!
 cardif
01-19-2006, 6:23 PM
watch out. i can remember BF2 in that case. some people created a "fix" for the Battlefield 2 demo. you've been able to play the demo in a different way it was ment to be played. what did EA do? the "modded" servers were notshown in the serverbrowser and severel people got problems with their serverprovider.

well, but i doubt PG would do something like that ;)
 Athanasios
01-19-2006, 6:24 PM
MasterJack, you keep bringing us good info. Keep up ;)

...although we're not meant to "break" the demo, but, it's not big deal. If it unlocked the half planets, then you could count me out.

[edit] Do you mean that it unlocks 3 buildings for rebs? That's what i see. Anyway, ill replace the original file.
 MasterJack
01-19-2006, 6:43 PM
I don't think the developers mind if we mod the demo or the game. If they do I am sure that they will inform DMUK and in which case he will delete this post (and send me a nasty PM probably :) ). In any case I only posted the news of it, not modded it myself. Please keep in mind as well, that the units that are unlocked may not be fully coded and may not behave properly.

It does unlock some buildings as well but I don't see how you can use them anwhere in the demo.
 robotsonic
01-19-2006, 8:20 PM
meh. i can't find a way to save .meg files so that they don't produce a runtime error when you load the game.

there's some serious parameters there that could be changed. not that i'm suggesting that i would, obviously.
 Cox_
01-19-2006, 8:27 PM
If someone can unlock a planet or mod and add two planets i would go crazy LOL
 Admiral Sith
01-19-2006, 9:41 PM
Not possible yet, You can unlock the planets but they do not have maps so you cannot do anything with them. robotsonic, you have to make sure there is the exact same amount of characters in it as before. And you cant you Notepad or such, you have to use a hex editor. If you want to add 3 letter for example then delete three letters in one of the little notes the developers put in. If you build the buildings you will see the unlocked units available to build in them.
 robotsonic
01-19-2006, 9:51 PM
robotsonic, you have to make sure there is the exact same amount of characters in it as before. And you cant you Notepad or such, you have to use a hex editor. If you want to add 3 letter for example then delete three letters in one of the little notes the developers put in. If you build the buildings you will see the unlocked units available to build in them.

cheers mate. i'm sure at one point in my life i knew that the character quantity had to match. i'm tired, clearly.

i've got it working now.

i'd be interested to know what parameters have been changed to allow the new vehicles and buildings. i'll have a play around tomorrow.
 Slocket
01-19-2006, 10:50 PM
I cannot get any new Rebel ships.

I did get a functional new building called an Arena for gambling profits, a non-funtional Command Center, an Imperial Research Center (to build the death star) did not seem to work,.

The only unit I got was a functional cool TB4 Tank. It owned the AT-AT.

No A-wing though.

Is there more than one version?
 MasterJack
01-19-2006, 11:19 PM
Yes there is, you have version 1, the link I posted above is version 2

The rapidshare link only
 Slocket
01-19-2006, 11:43 PM
OK that is it. The second version unlocks the A-Wing and Assault Frigate for space. Adds new buildings for ground. You can then also build the Air Speeder and the heavy T4B Tank.

COOL! Use the newer version 2.
 (TAG)Rebel_Stri
01-19-2006, 11:54 PM
So does it automatically update the demo or what? i dl it, now what?
 Warstomp
01-20-2006, 12:10 AM
Has anyone been able to get the Snow speeder to accually work i can never get it to come down as a reinforcement.
 (TAG)Rebel_Stri
01-20-2006, 12:13 AM
How do u even use the mod??? I dl it but how do i make it work?
 Warstomp
01-20-2006, 12:16 AM
Open the File then open my computer then go to local disk then all programs or programs then lucasarts then Star wars Empire at war Demo then to Data then drop the config file in there.
 (TAG)Rebel_Stri
01-20-2006, 12:19 AM
ok ill try that. thanks
 Warstomp
01-20-2006, 12:20 AM
Np and dang those guys at that site had a picture of even getting the mon calamari ship in it dang.
 (TAG)Rebel_Stri
01-20-2006, 12:31 AM
I dont think it worked, cause when i went in the demo, there were no new units......
 (TAG)Rebel_Stri
01-20-2006, 12:47 AM
ITS NOT WORKING!!!!! idk why though. i put it in the Data folder in the EaW file, but still no new units!
 rival
01-20-2006, 2:11 AM
i dunno if anyone is interested in my mod of the demo
it unlocks 4 calamari cruisers and lets you build the tanks and awing and that mkii gunship thing

I also changed the space map to have 3 star destroyers
its still pretty easy despite my best efforts to make it impossible to win.
Also the rebel base is a level 5 base now so you can load up on ships but any over 25 and you have to use reinforcments in the space level.

I didnt bother doing anything to the land map cuz i think that part sucks.

anyhow backup your config.meg and copy this to your data folder and run the game it should work fine
someone upload the file to a site that hosts zips or mirror it cuz im not gonna keep it up forever

http://riversidecitrus.com/eaw/Config.zip)
let me know if it works for you guys cuz im too lazy to test on multiple machines

http://riversidecitrus.com/eaw/EAW_20060120_02012910.tga)
http://riversidecitrus.com/eaw/EAW_20060120_02024220.tga)
screenshots
 clone_troopa
01-20-2006, 2:21 AM
YOU ARTE MY HERO MAN!!! YEAH U!!!! RIVAL DOOD I LUV YOU!!@! OMGZOR CAPS CUZ I LUV YOU!

seriusly man, thank you :)
 evenflow80
01-20-2006, 2:34 AM
Rival whats up with the red mesh on the space map where the enemy is? Great job BTW, too bad you can't increase the unit cap a bit!!
 Netliquid
01-20-2006, 2:41 AM
Can anyone actually tell me how to bring down the snow speeders? I try to bring them down in reinforcements but the game just wont let me. Just shows a big red rebel logo instead of the green one. Thanks.
 augrunt
01-20-2006, 2:58 AM
Rival whats up with the red mesh on the space map where the enemy is? Great job BTW, too bad you can't increase the unit cap a bit!!

Thats because ur reinforcement panel is open, close it and it shall disappear, it just shows u were u cant call for Reinforcements from.
 rival
01-20-2006, 3:03 AM
evenflow i think thats enemey area where you cant shove reinforcements
 clone_troopa
01-20-2006, 3:30 AM
evenflow i think thats enemey area where you cant shove reinforcements

You are right rival, the red "carpets" is where you can;t call the reinforcements due to enemy presence tho where are no red carpets you may call in the :vsd:

oh btw i made this thread http://forums.lucasarts.com/thread.jspa?messageID=2423514�) prasing rival's greatness :)

(AND OMG these adds with so many big boobie hot babes are killing me...... who accept such hot ads!?)
 Silencez
01-20-2006, 6:01 AM
Can u also make the Empire side playable? or at least let the rebels built imp ships?

thnx!
 chr0n1x
01-20-2006, 6:02 AM
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=158864)
For an imperial ship, cant play as the empire yet though.
 Silencez
01-20-2006, 6:05 AM
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=158864)
For an imperial ship, cant play as the empire yet though.

thnx!
although it says VSD?

anyway, is it possible to swap the sides?. meaning the imps are on Hoth and need to attack.

Would be cool to land on tatooine with AT-AT :-)
 OverlordAngelus
01-20-2006, 6:56 AM
Not possible yet, You can unlock the planets but they do not have maps so you cannot do anything with them.

While most of the planets don't have maps, there are a few others that do:

Kashyyyk has a ground and space map.
Ryloth has a ground map.

And then there's is the space map used for the main menu background.

I don't know if anything can be done with them (for all I know, using those maps will just load up the tutorial missions) but I thought I should point it out :)
 chr0n1x
01-20-2006, 7:12 AM
You can mod the files to allow the planets to use the Tatooine and Vergesso Asteroid field maps, the others are tutorial only im pretty sure. Though it may wreck the experience a little, it is possible to do that, and the you can have all planets avaliable.
 Silencez
01-20-2006, 7:13 AM
mayby it's possible to link existing groundmaps to to-be-unlocked planets....
 bigbigewok
01-20-2006, 9:38 AM
Can someone unlock the tuorial missions 6 & 7 please
 chr0n1x
01-20-2006, 10:10 AM
They require new map files not shipped with the demo, plus they are for multiplayer skirmish which I do not think has any implementation in the game.
 DarthMaulUK
01-20-2006, 10:42 AM

anyhow backup your config.meg and copy this to your data folder and run the game it should work fine
someone upload the file to a site that hosts zips or mirror it cuz im not gonna keep it up forever
screenshots

We are creating a demo Mod section on lucasfiles, so i will get it uploaded there

DMUK
 Minniboobs
01-20-2006, 11:12 AM
i dunno if anyone is interested in my mod of the demo
it unlocks 4 calamari cruisers and lets you build the tanks and awing and that mkii gunship thing

I also changed the space map to have 3 star destroyers
its still pretty easy despite my best efforts to make it impossible to win.
Also the rebel base is a level 5 base now so you can load up on ships but any over 25 and you have to use reinforcments in the space level.

http://riversidecitrus.com/eaw/Config.zip)
let me know if it works for you guys cuz im too lazy to test on multiple machines

http://riversidecitrus.com/eaw/EAW_20060120_02012910.tga)
http://riversidecitrus.com/eaw/EAW_20060120_02024220.tga)
screenshots
Dude ur link dont work for me and i really wanna play ur cap ship mod :(
 (TAG)Rebel_Stri
01-20-2006, 11:39 AM
Same ^^
 IC_zewi
01-20-2006, 11:42 AM
 DarthMaulUK
01-20-2006, 11:44 AM
All the Mods have been added to the Mod section of our site http://www.empireatwar.net/community)

DMUK
 DonBilbo
01-20-2006, 11:46 AM
yea right ... there is a new version of Chriz Mod and now you can play almost all rebel ships and many more! check it out at www.eawhq.de)

@DMUK: its the latest version of the mod ... the one in your list is out dated ...
the new version enables space battles above tatooine and a higher pop cap aswell ...

please give www.eawhq.de) as source,
greetz
HQ|DonBilbo
EaW|Co-Administrator
 killerluk
01-20-2006, 11:53 AM
nice to see so many people doing their best to enhance the demo experiance!
the only thing i wonder if its possible to make a galaxcy with 5 or 7 planets but also have the AI enabled so it attacks you in space/ground also so you gotta defend

that part i really am missing atm seeing how the ai works on a galactic level

GREAT job on all the mods made !
 DarthMaulUK
01-20-2006, 12:00 PM
lol ive just updated..... i need time to play as well :-p I will get on that now. Any chance of an english read me?

DMUK
 DonBilbo
01-20-2006, 12:03 PM
lol ive just updated..... i need time to play as well :-p I will get on that now. Any chance of an english read me?

DMUK

i think I can create one ... shall I send it to you or shall i post it?
 DarthMaulUK
01-20-2006, 12:07 PM
PM will be cool, and I can copy and paste it into a read me
 Netliquid
01-20-2006, 1:15 PM
How do you bring snowspeeders down onto a planet??
 Scarlet
01-20-2006, 1:56 PM
How do you bring snowspeeders down onto a planet??

It doesn't seem to be possible ... Perhaps they're not implemented into the game yet?
 OverlordAngelus
01-20-2006, 2:11 PM
nice to see so many people doing their best to enhance the demo experiance!
the only thing i wonder if its possible to make a galaxcy with 5 or 7 planets but also have the AI enabled so it attacks you in space/ground also so you gotta defend

that part i really am missing atm seeing how the ai works on a galactic level

GREAT job on all the mods made !

It is possible, I've been working on it. It's still a little rough at the moment but give me a few hours and I'll have something up ;)
 Scarlet
01-20-2006, 2:41 PM
It is possible, I've been working on it. It's still a little rough at the moment but give me a few hours and I'll have something up ;)

Hey hey! Nice dude :clap2:
 Slocket
01-20-2006, 5:08 PM
Forum user Chriz completed version 4.0 of his demo Mod! In this version you can construct almost all rebel spaceships and some new buildings. Moreover it now gives more room for space battle over Tatooine, as well as AI for the empire. Moreover the start cash and the command points were increased.
(auto translated quick)
Room battle now in all 3 zones possible (to be sure always the same Map).

Imperial AI activated

Empire more starting units.

Money increased 50000 Credits, command points to 500. Different new buildings as well as room stations available.

T4-B
Field Commander
Fleet Commander
Mon Calamari Cruiser
Corellian Gunschip
Marauder Cruiser
Assault Frigate MK II
A-Wing
Z-95
-----------------------------------------------
Maybe we can give the Imperial base at in the Verssago Astroid field a large space station, and add a few "Avenger" VSD extra for defense for a bigger challenge for the Rebels? Da ober nyet? :vsd:
Page: 1 of 2