Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

A tiny correction...

Page: 1 of 1
 Pellaeon
07-03-2000, 7:44 PM
As jmillheiser and Han Solo have pointed out, the 0.5 hyperdrive gives only the speed of 600 000 km/s.
But according to Timothy Zahn (and my calculations, which I think are correct) Star Destroyer's speed in hyperspace is 8 000 000 000 (eight billion) kilometres per second. And notice that ISD has only class 2 hyperdrive! I think that beats those warp engines...
And a flight through the galaxy takes 75 years for a constitution class star ship (Voyager). But in star wars universe Jedi Masters planned an outbound flight project! So...

__________________________________________________ ______
Admiral Pellaeon, the Supreme Commander of Imperial Fleet
 MNM Predator
07-03-2000, 8:09 PM
Actually, it would take them 99 years. = )
 K_Kinnison
07-03-2000, 10:08 PM
you forget tho that the Enterprise-B was able to go to the center of the galaxy in a week. And it is suppsoe to take weeks or even months for a SW vessel to got from one side of the galaxy to the other.

System to system would take hours to days, secotor to sector would take days to weeks

and besides, we are not sure how big the Star wars galaxy is compared to ours
 Nob Akimoto
07-04-2000, 12:34 AM
Voyager is an Intrepid class starship.

Constitutions were the original TOS starships Enterprise, Lexington, Yorktown, Kongo, Exeter, Excalibur, Eagle, Constellation, Republic, Farragut, Potempkin, Hood, Intrepid
Of course everything is kind of questionable in terms of speeds. The Enterprise-A in STV made it to the galactic core in a number of hours....

And of course you can't fight while in hyperspace, but you can launch photorps and quantums in warp....(big tactical advantage)

Anyway, wrong forum, this one's getting closed as well.
Page: 1 of 1