Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Camera "Shaking" with 7800 GTX

Page: 1 of 1
 Burt McGurt
01-18-2006, 11:35 PM
First off congrats to Petroglyph on developing whats looks to be a great SW game.

But to my issue with the demo... When I play the EAW space battles and use the cinematic camera view, during most of the time, it feels like the camera is shaking and so are the ships individually as they are flying through space. Its almost like a shimmering or ghosting effect I see with the ships. Seems to occur most often when the camera is focused on a single point and when ships are moving. When the ships are still or moving slowly horizontally it is fine or when the camera is panning around a single point. Also, if I speed up the gameplay, up to where it is ridiculously fast paced, I don't see this shaking effect so much. I've tried all combos of graphics settings with no change.

I don't understand it. I am using a BFG 7800 GTX OC card with the latest 82.12 drivers. My card with a AMD FX-53 CPU should handle this with no problems. I am using a CRT monitor, so the "ghosting" I am seeing is not due to a LCD monitor.

The odd thing is... Fraps is telling me that my frame rate is averaging in the 180's!!!... which to my eyes, looks no where close ... looks more like a 30 Fps to me.

Please reply if you are having the same issue or have a fix.

Thanks
 PygmyShrew
01-19-2006, 4:39 AM
Tried using some older drivers? try rolling back.
 DarthMaulUK
01-19-2006, 5:29 AM
With your graphics card. Did you have an older Nvidia card installed before? From experience, I know that the newer Nvidia cards can sometimes have issues if you installed the new forceware drivers over the old ones. You might need to completely remove your current drivers and install fresh again, the new ones.

DMUK
 DarthMaulUK
01-19-2006, 5:56 AM
Just to add to this. I have just had the same thing whilst following a single Y-Wing fighter. Ive an AMd FX-55. Theres a chance this could have already been fixed as more bugs have been fixed since the demo was completed.

DMUK
 Burt McGurt
01-19-2006, 5:53 PM
Thanks for replying ... I've rolled back to two driver versions ago. I may go back even further. And yes I had a 6800 Ultra (AGP) videocard in the past. But when I got that, I bought a new motherboard for PCI-E, and thus reformatted and reinstalled WinXP. So that shoudn't affect it. Just FYI... I'm using an Asus A8N32-SLI mobo with my 7800gtx.

I may try as you said scrubbing older drivers completely -- maybe something is sticking that uninstalling my drivers normally didn't catch.

And hopefully, this is just a bug that has been fixed post-demo release as you mentioned DMUK.
 PygmyShrew
01-20-2006, 4:32 AM
I may try as you said scrubbing older drivers completely -- maybe something is sticking that uninstalling my drivers normally didn't catch.

Its possible, but the UDA nvidia cards use usually mean the above doesnt happen, which was a much more common occurance 3-4 years ago.
Page: 1 of 1