Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

XP problems...

Page: 1 of 1
 T_Viru5
01-18-2006, 4:28 PM
Hey all,

n00b here, but I'm at my wits end and I'm going to ask for help. If I remember correctly, Star Wars: Droidworks uses the SITH engine just like Dark Forces II, correct? I dug out my old copy of Droidworks just the other day to give it a try on my XP system, and it starts and runs okay, but there are 2 problems:

-All the pre-rendered videos stutter and flicker like crazy
-For some reason, no matter what you do, all droids will not go up even the slightest incline/ slope...

I can live with the flickering video, but the droids not going up hills is a MAJOR gameplay thing and essentially makes the game impossible to play because now a tiny hill = an impassable barrier.

I tried the Windows 98 and 95 compatibility modes and that didn't fix either issue, I can understand video issues arising from the crossover between systems but I've never ever heard of the actual physics engine getting freaked out and not letting you go up hills...

Has anyone had this problem with Dark Forces II or know of any way to fix this/ help me out?

PS if this is in the wrong place kindly let me know ;)
 Crow_Nest
01-26-2006, 9:37 AM
What are your system specifications? Its possible it could be the result of an outdated video card driver. Try updating them and see if it helps.
Page: 1 of 1