Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

What Is Your Favourite/Least Favourite Planet In KOTOR/KOTORII: TSL?

Page: 2 of 2
 igyman
05-19-2006, 5:39 PM
1) What would you want them to sound like? Bird song?

2) That was realistic, unlike TSL's superfast Space Suit.

3) Then you haven't found all the evidence, or you just don't know how to convince the judges in his innocence.

4) I agree with this one. Those cameras were really annoying.
 Jasper_Kazai
05-19-2006, 8:02 PM
I'll tell you why I hate Mannan:

1: Selkath: They sound like they're choking on their own vomit or something. I think they're working with the Sith, because I always thing they are supporting the Sith.

2: Underwater Part: The suit made it take forever to walk underwater. Thankfully in TSL, it was a lot faster in a Space Suit.

3: Quests: Sunry was just annoying. I tried saving him, but every time I try to save him, he is always guilty (Another bit of info on Selkath supporting Sith). Maybe I should Sunry die for his crimes.

4: Those Cameras: When entering a Hangar, those cameras come on and it won't let you click off. What are these Selkath trying to do. Torture you?1: Agree. So freaking annoying!
2: 100% agree. The developers wanted you to be shark bait.
3: Sunry actually was guilty. In the Republic Enclave, there is footage of him shooting the Sith woman.
4: Yes, yes, yes! In response to both numbers 1 and 4:
MY EARS ARE BLEEDING!
 RedHawke
05-20-2006, 2:17 AM
Igyman, I dislike Manaan for the Selkath voices and them darn security cameras. ;)

Everyone: Darth333 did a Manaan Selkath Door Relief Mod (http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/7387.html) that is a life-saver in that camera department. ;)
 psand
12-25-2006, 9:52 AM
My favorites in Kotor and TSL.

Kotor favorite: Korriban by far!
Kotor least favorite: Manaan.

TSL favorite: Nar Shadda.
TSL least favorite: Korriban.
 SilentScope001
12-25-2006, 2:34 PM
KOTOR Fave:
+Korriban: Joining the Sith and learning about your enemies is fun. It provides a bit of background information, and gaining prestige while backstabbing enemies allow for a bit of fun and excitment.
+Star Forge: Slaughtering Dark Jedi FTW.

KOTOR Hate:
-Taris. I started playing through that planet again after playing through TSL, and I stopped. I dislike Taris because it's supposed to be a Sith Blockade! Instead, all you do is go around, fighting in battle arenas, working with swoopbike gangs, etc. It sounds...boring. Subquests are good, but all of them has nothing to do with the Sith Blockade we have to deal with. It's...too happy. Too light. As many people state, the happiness was ruined when Malak blew it up...but there should have been more signs of oppression, of it being a dictatorship...

TSL Fave:
+Peragus: It is a bit lineral, but at the least, you are trying to fight against enemies and battling against the people you hate. It does set the story mode right...unlike Peragus.
+Hidden Tomb: An awesome prequel, showcasing what happened during the Mandalorain Wars.

TSL Hate:
-Korriban in general. Yes, more content would be nice, but I did like the atomsphere they had. It was a Mini-Peragus. If they added in more stuff, it would have been good.
-The Raverger. It would have been better if we would have just boarded the ship and battled Colonel Tobin and Nihlius, rather than fight through a horde of Sith bodyguards...because Nihlius really does not need them.
 Sabretooth
12-25-2006, 11:11 PM
Favourite on KotOR
Taris: It was smooth, well-designed, original, and lively. A great substitute for Coruscant.
Manaan: Soothing, vibrant and well-made overall. Like Vlad, I don't see why people hate it. It was an excellent planet.
Tatooine: I don't even know why, but I feel fuzzy inside when I'm running across the sand dunes.

Least Favourite on KotOR
Dantooine: While I like the openness and all, I think the Jedi Enclave was too limited.

Favourite on KotOR II
Onderon: A lovely place, full of life and vibrant, but too limited.
Dxun: It's great at the start, and great at the tomb, but otherwise it's pretty monotonous.
Telos: A good concept, and well-executed, too.
Malachor: Dark, Green Lava and all that. 'twas nice, especially the design of Trayus Academy.

Least Favourite on KotOR II
Nar Shaddaa: The grey was horrible, the whole place was insanely monotonous, boring and repetitive.
Peragus: Too confined, drawn out and all the terminology was pretty confusing then.
Korriban: I actually liked Korriban, but the Valley looked as it was actually improved since the fall of the Sith.
 Allronix
12-27-2006, 10:47 PM
K1 Favorite? Oh, gosh. Taris is fun because it shows you what you're made of. And Korriban, especially played last, REALLY shows what you're made of.

Least Favorite? I don't really have a least favorite. Manaan improves drastically with a couple mods - get Door Relief and Fish Fest, and learn how to make the arrests work FOR you (rapid transit to Ahto West). And I loved the Sunry trial - definite "damned if you do/damned if you don't."

K2 - Favorite was Dantooine. If Obsidian's goal was to take all K1 players and kick them in the proverbial nuts (which I suspect was the case), they succeeded hands down here.

K2 Least favorite: Peragus/Harbinger - you're running around in your undies, no sidequests, no one to talk to aside from the pervert and hag, and too damn much hassle to get from one place to another.
 Jediphile
12-28-2006, 4:35 AM
KotOR1:

Favorite: Probably Kashyyyk. It was interesting exploring the homeworld of the Wookiees. Some other places were interesting too, like Dantooine, though mostly for specific stuff that took place there rather than the place itself. Korriban is also cool, though. I like exploring its mysteries, and the Valley of the Dark Lords is a place with a lot of history.

Least Favorite: A tie between Manaan and Tatooine. For Manaan, the almost self-destructive "peace" enforced by the Selkath is mind-boggingly annoying. The "big fish" plot was also fairly unexciting to me. As for Tatooine, I'm just sick of going to Tatooine in every single, bloody film/game/whatever! It was a moment of triumph, when I realised Tatooine was not in TSL. Not that the plot on Tatooine was boring, but we've just seen Tatooine so often. And the randomly spawned group of sandpeople were annoying in the extreme.

TSL:

Favorite: Hmmm... Difficult. I liked Korriban, though mostlyfor the visions in the tomb. Otherwise Nar Shaddaa and Onderon were interesting places to visit. I don't think I got a feel for each planet so much, since the plot was so fixed.

Least favorite: Probably Dantooine. Peragus is also boring, as is Citadel Station over Telos, but Dantooine just looks like its old self bombed back to the stone age - it was depressing to watch, particularly with the jedi gone, which was its most redeeming feature to begin with.
 HerbieZ
12-28-2006, 12:30 PM
I completely missed this thread.

Kotor 1:

Favourite: To be honest i loved them all but i think Taris is the best. Taris really struck a chord with me as i thought it was amazing the first time i played and i still do. I loved the levels of decay and i thought it was one of the most well thought out settings in any game.

Worst: Catshi... Kashyyyk. The most boring planet. I hate Wookiee's with a passion i really do. All i heared was their slow yarling and their boring quests sent me to sleep. The scenery was nice but i felt that they did that planet last for some reason. It doesn't have that 'zing' of all the other planets.

TSL:

Favourite: Nar Shaddaa. By far. I love that place in any game but the Nar Shaddaa in this game felt a little too clean at times and a little too organized but i put that down to the 4 thousand year difference between this and Dark Forces 2. Dxun/Onderon i thought was pretty sweet too.

Worst: Malachor. Jaggedy rocks and dumb stupidly place boss battles with 'Battle Royale' fights showing up the clear lack of storyline towards the end. It also looked like a gigantic three-cheeked arse from space.
 paulgr
12-30-2006, 7:50 AM
Favourite planet in KOTOR: Dantooine. I love the beauty and the tranquility of this planet and above all the music.

Least favourite planet in KOTOR: Kashyyyk. Death to all Wookies! :lightning

Favourite planet in KOTOR II: Dantooine again. This time because I love the last conversation between Kreia and Exile as master and apprentice. It is perhaps the only moment that Kreia allows someone to see her true self. The woman that is hurt and tired from the hardships of life. Plus I love the showdown between Jedi Council - Exile and Jedi Council - Kreia.

Least favourite planet in KOTOR II: Onderon ( I don't include Dxun) and very close the Telos Space Station. Boring places both of them.

Cheers,
Paul
 Quanon
01-03-2007, 9:12 AM
Kotor favourites :
Unkown World : I just liked the paradise look of it , the rolling waves ,white beaches and rancors to fight , what else would a Sith Lord want ?

Manaan had a nice look to , but was a bit boring though .

Wookie planet I didn't like that much , but on the other hand Jolee is there ...
IMO all of Kotor maps where decent !

TSL :

Worst part is Telos surface , from then on you notice something is not right about this game .

Nar Shada was cool , I liked that place since the first time I ever walked in it in DF 2 : JK . So whenever it re appears in a SW game I just enjoy myself .

Malachor looked good to , dark and wasted .
 Ghost Down
01-03-2007, 9:54 AM
KOTOR
Favourite: Taris and Korriban
Least Favourite Manaan (It's like a maze .. :whacked: )

TSL
Favourite: Dxun/Onderon and Nar Shaddaa
Least Favourite Telos and Korriban (Korriban was a big disappointment :()

- Ghost Down
 AJL
02-07-2007, 11:21 AM
Korriban is the best place in KOTOR...

Kashyyyk and Manaan are propably the worst places...

Dxun and Onderon are the best places in TSL...

Peragus is the worst place...
 Ancient Sith
04-21-2007, 1:58 AM
Hmmmm. Tough question. In KOTOR as far as atmosphere and scenery goes, Manaan wouldbe my favourite. But at the same time Korriban was the most fun. My least favourite in all aspects is Kashyyyk, i'm just not a wookie fan.

In KOTOR II I loved Dxun/Onderon. Not so much Telos/Citidel Station.
 Lord Spitfire
04-26-2007, 8:30 AM
KotOR:

Favorite; Taris - it's so immerisve!

Least; Dantooine

KotOR2 TSL:

Favorite; Onderon (love the politics and stuff . . . very immersive)

Least; Peragus (opposite of immerisive, tedious)
 GarfieldJL
04-26-2007, 9:22 AM
KotOR 1:
Favorite: Probably Dantooine or Manaan. The Selkath really didn't bother me too much and while the security camera thing was annoying it also made sense given the Manaan's neutrality. Plus I liked walking into the sith base and just start beating up sith. Dantooine was good cause I finally had force powers.

Least Favorite: Star Forge -- seriously I would have loved to be able to hack things and turn droids against each other.
 Robb Stark
04-27-2007, 8:35 PM
KotOR
Favorite: Korriban. It has a great look and atmosphere. The opportunity for humor is great because the Sith and wanna-be Sith are just silly compared to the Sith Lords we have come to know and Love. I only wish there were more of it...more tombs and more info on the Sith philosophy and history and the hierarchy of the current Sith--though there was plenty and more knowledge to be found to begin with.
Least: Taris. A Coruscant clone. I've played the game so many times now that Taris has become a chore. The planet feels really "sterile" to me and I feel I've exhausted the role-play choices long ago. The best part about Taris are the two cutscenes with Malak:

"The search for Bastila is taking too long. Destroy the entire planet."
and
"Wipe this pathetic planet from the face of the galaxy."

Couldn't agree more. :D

TSL
Favorite: Onderon. While it does feel crammed and rushed the first trip after Dxun with people just sort of standing around waiting for you to talk to them in a way that feels even more unnatural than elsewhere in the KotOR games, the political strife depicted and its repercussions through society is very mature for a video game. Both the "Light" and "Dark" approaches are fun and interesting, and the (nth) Battle of Iziz is awesome whether you side with Vaklu or Talia.

Kavar: "There is hope... It is faint, but growing stronger. I think my message was received."
Talia: "Which message? What are you talking about?"
Kavar: "An old student is returning. I don't think the Sith are going to know what hit them."

Indeed!

Least: Malachor V. The concept is good, but the execution is really poor...both inside and outside the Trayus Academy. Wandering through two screens of winding paths surrounded by rocks and "poison gas mines" encountering only storm beasts is lame. And you get to do it twice...once with the PC and once with the remote. While playing the remote is fun, it was wasted on hitting the button on a few computers. The Republic ships burried on the surface are a nice touch, but you only get to walk two steps inside them. Lame. Battle between Mira and Hanharr if you play LS. Lame and pointless. The Academy itself sucked. Long hallways and rooms with Sith standing around in pajamas sucks. It would have been nice if you came across things that were identifiable as classrooms, training rooms, bedrooms, anything but just an empty room. And it would have been a lot more fun if patrols periodically ran into the rooms a la the Star Forge, followed by a huge "last stand" before you reached the antechamber to the Trayus Core. A massive stand-off in the entrance hall--you walking toward a legion of Sith soldiers and grenadiers only to have a patrol of assassins unstealth behind you before you proceed to slaughter them to the last man would have gone a long way to improving Malachor in my eyes. ;) And of course we get the five second clip of either the planet breaking up or the camera flying through a crack to the planets surface. Yeah. What a nice reward for having completed the game.
Page: 2 of 2