Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Help with DF2:JK?

Page: 1 of 1
 eric-o
01-17-2006, 5:16 AM
I've loaded Dark Forces 2:Jedi Knight onto my XP computer; if I set the game for free view, so that I can look around, the camera just looks straight down, and I can't page up or down. If I set the game for auto center, I can't page to shoot crates or at different levels. This was never a problem on my old Windows 98 system. Any ideas?
 Jamps
01-17-2006, 4:00 PM
I'm not sure what you're saying. Do you mean you aim with the page up/page down keys? In free view mode you use the mouse. If that isn't what you're saying, you should contact Lucasarts customer support. They usually get it right.
 eric-o
01-17-2006, 9:56 PM
I'm sorry, I'll try to explain better. If I set the game for free view, the camera immediately drops focus downward so that I'm looking at my feet - it will not hold in another position. If I use the mouse to page back up, focus drops right back to the floor. And no key that I program will page up/down at all, nor will it center- not even the defaults work. This was never a problem on my computer with Win 98; is there some setting that I'm missing
 Jamps
01-17-2006, 10:22 PM
I have Windows XP on my computer, and it works just fine. Maybe it is your mouse. I don't know much about mouses (is that the plural form of computer mouse?), but I had a joystick that did the same thing in a different game. All I had to do was recalibrate it. If there is some way to do it with a mouse, I suggest doing that.

But like I said before the customer support at Lucasarts is very helpful. You should either call them or email them.
Page: 1 of 1