Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

SWBF I Patch & Mod Tools Announced!!

Page: 1 of 1
 PR-0927
01-16-2006, 9:57 PM
 KenobiChronicle
01-16-2006, 11:55 PM
ALL HOPE IS LOST FOR PS2!!!!
 toue
01-17-2006, 1:37 AM
horay! also majjn thank you for creating the only maps i knew how to install untill this week and for such amazing maps *slowly bows out of room* by the way i look forward to your new works in bf2
 ParanoidAndroid
01-17-2006, 6:04 AM
Sweoot! It's about time we got word of the patch, and it looks like we can look forward to some cool mods as well.
 Pooeypants
01-17-2006, 6:18 PM
It took them this long to sort out a patch and mod tools? Dear lord...
 zerted
01-18-2006, 1:22 AM
I hope it isn't rushed. It looks like they went ahead and fixed up everything for the non-PC players first. Lets all hope for a non-buggy patch.

Edit: Umm, this is for SWBF2 right?
 MandaloreBIC
01-18-2006, 10:39 PM
yes, it says Star Wars BattleFront II, duh! and i think he typoed the tread title
 zerted
01-19-2006, 1:21 AM
yes, it says Star Wars BattleFront II, duh!...With media these days, you never know which one may be messed up...
 PoiuyWired
01-19-2006, 1:31 AM
no mention of 1st person views, nor the new jedi additions.
 biny
01-19-2006, 5:12 PM
YAY!!!!

And Majin, nice sig. :)
 KenobiChronicle
01-20-2006, 12:52 AM
I HATE PS2 I HATE IT I HATE IT I HATE IT! NO SUPPORT!
 zerted
01-20-2006, 1:01 AM
Then why did you buy it? Sony is an evil company for many reasons. I will never buy something from them.
 MandaloreBIC
01-20-2006, 1:43 AM
he's right you know, and ya, it doesn't say anything about patches or 1st person.... i hope it's a surprise, like.... from battlefront I, no wait, there were no surprises, let's all give up hope and respawn spam on deathstar and jump off the trench! *scarcastic*

edit: and it's funny, when you read the XP logo it looks like xp, you know the dead guy with the toung out
 PoiuyWired
01-20-2006, 5:42 PM
Then why did you buy it? Sony is an evil company for many reasons. I will never buy something from them.

Well, if you talk about evil, won't that be Miscoso$t?
So technically xbox is more evil... and yet they get the support.

Granted PS series is a good system, I don't think its a good platform for BF2.
 zerted
01-20-2006, 7:52 PM

I don't buy anything from Microsoft too. I have never used a Xbox or PS, so I can't tell you about the product itself, but when a company does illegal things (most forms of DRM are illegal too), I consider them bad/evil.

As far as I know, the Xbox has a hard drive and the PS doesn't. How can you get an update (most PC updates are around 150MB) without the space to store it? LucasArts could sell a newer version of SWBF2 for the PS, but would you spend another $50 for two more heros and a few new maps?

I hope the patch, tones down the engineer. In all the online tournments I've recently played in, the enemy was always engineers. When people are always playing a single unit, it is too overpowered/easy to use. True, some of the unlockable units are overpowered, but they are the unlockable units. They should be overpowered, and their amount is limited on the battlefront.
 SirLancelot
01-20-2006, 7:56 PM

Yeah Microsoft is indeed evil:

Has pretty much been the main company to supply inner city schools with computers and internet access

Give billions of dollars to charities a year.

Sponsors learning learning camps for children, and is pretty much responsible for bringing the computer into the home and making a computer accessible to the general public through their operating system.

Among other things. . .

Those bastards!

Great to see the patch is coming.
 MachineCult
01-20-2006, 8:06 PM
lol, can't argue with that SirLancelot.
 zerted
01-21-2006, 12:26 AM
This topic is finished. All what was needed to be said was said in the first two posts. This thread should be locked. I can counter SirLancelot with at least two pages of documented 'bad' things about Microsoft. No company is perfect.

The patch should be out in 2 days... Lets see what happens.
 Murf
01-21-2006, 12:36 AM
The Update news did NOT say anything about extra maps (the ones from SWBF I).
Did they leave those out!?!?!? I sure hope not, was looking forward to Bespin maps!
 Redtech
01-21-2006, 6:57 AM
No, that's what the mod tools are for. "Do it yourself!" :P
 ParanoidAndroid
01-21-2006, 8:03 AM
Kind of sucks if your on PS2 though, oh well. I really hope them modders make good, interesting maps. I might even try my hand at it, but I probably won't get far. I'm very slow when it comes to "technical things" like modding.
 Alkonium
01-21-2006, 8:50 AM
Hmmm, I wonder if we're also getting the same stuff in our update as the Xbox guys are(ie, Kit Fisto, Asajj Ventress, Rhen Var, Bespin, more Hero FFA)
 SirLancelot
01-21-2006, 12:41 PM
This topic is finished. All what was needed to be said was said in the first two posts. This thread should be locked. I can counter SirLancelot with at least two pages of documented 'bad' things about Microsoft. No company is perfect.

The patch should be out in 2 days... Lets see what happens.

Correct, there is no perfect company. So my question to you is "why stigmatize one?"

But, it's whatever you think. I'm not going to debate it here. We were discussing the impending update to the game, so let's leave the conversation on that subject. Clear? Good. :smash:
 PoiuyWired
01-21-2006, 2:52 PM
OK PEOPLE... lets get back on topic... I mean the REAL topic here, about THE PATCH.

Now, It would suck if LA starts charging for PC updates too, but I think the charge of "patches" is likely due to the xbox download FEATURE rather than the patch. So PC updates should be free. (or they will have to keep a whole set of CD keys for the update to discourage general copying of the patch, which is a bad way to earn $2.)

Now I HOPE they will be the same patch. And oh, I don't mind if they delay the release a bit more, if it means them doing a better job, like fixing 1st person view and clearing bugs.

The "no quitting to main menu from story mode, from space maps" bug being annoying.
 Murf
01-21-2006, 5:45 PM
Hmmm, I wonder if we're also getting the same stuff in our update as the Xbox guys are(ie, Kit Fisto, Asajj Ventress, Rhen Var, Bespin, more Hero FFA)

That's what I meant, but the guy that posted above you and below me appearently never heard of this and thought it had to be a MOD.
 zerted
01-21-2006, 6:24 PM
I think it will have the new levels. I could care less about the new heros, unless they have some new type of force power (anyone with an XBox want to comment?) I don't think the level formatting is very different from the PC to other versions of the game, and since they already have them created, only a small amount of time would be needed to move them over to the PC. Of course, if LA is planning on selling an expansion to PC users, the patch will only have bug fixes. In 2 days we should see.
 CommanderKane
01-21-2006, 6:54 PM
I really cannot see them charging for the patch for the PC version. At least, I hope not. XBOX Live users have gotten used to paying for a patch, albeit only a few dollars, so they will not complain. But, PC users most likely would not be very happy.
 REDJOHNNYMIKE
01-22-2006, 1:15 AM
About the PS2, didn't they eventually make HD's for it, or at least give it the ability to connect it to one? (I play the X's so I don't know for sure)
 CommanderKane
01-22-2006, 9:09 AM
The PS2 did indeed have a harddrive, but Sony pretty much abandoned it.
 j-muny
02-03-2006, 1:18 AM
"end of the month" my ass, its feb already.
 DoneBreal
02-03-2006, 4:42 AM
Yeah he's right where are these maps/characters?
 Darth Derkie
02-03-2006, 5:03 PM
Yes, the lucasarts guy has posted something again on the lucasforums. It's now "middle of the next week". Let's hope it will be true this time.
 Commander Obi-Wan
02-03-2006, 8:15 PM
"end of the month" my ass, its feb already.

Be patient, my young padawan. It's only February the 3rd. It should be too long.
 mima kake
02-04-2006, 5:44 PM
I can wait till i'm old and grey.
We will see.
It comes when it comes.
Page: 1 of 1