Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Help with video card

Page: 1 of 1
 Sithman1138
01-15-2006, 10:39 PM
System Requirements

* Intel® Pentium® 4/III/II/Celeron™, AMD-K6®/Duron™/Athlon™/Athlon™ XP or compatible with
* AGP 4X (1.5V), 8X (0.8v) or Universal AGP 3.0 bus configuration (4X/8X).
* 128MB of system memory
* Installation software requires CD-ROM drive
* DVD playback requires DVD drive

these are requirments for a radeon 9950 video card. what does it mean and can it work with my pc. I have a intel pentium 4, but was is the AMD-k6 things. And what is the AGP 4X thing. any help?
 popcorn2008
01-16-2006, 12:26 AM
Alright try these steps for me and I can help you out:

Go to start -> run and type in dxdiag and then push enter.

When the screen loads find out how memory you have, its on the first page. You have a good processor, so no need to worry about that. Now im assumming your updating a desktop computer, correct? If you have more than 128 MB of memory your all set.

Do you have a CD Drive? I would assume so :)

Then final thing is do you have an AGP slot on your motherboard. I would assume you do, but you do have to make sure. Someone else on here can help you with this part, because the only way I know how to tell if you have one involves opening up your computer. ;)

Hope that helps out.
 Sithman1138
01-16-2006, 12:29 AM
My pc 's good on those aspects. What's a AGP slot?
 edmendduke55555
01-16-2006, 1:47 AM
 Xyvik
01-17-2006, 5:48 AM
What that diagram fails to tell you is that AGP stands for "Accelerated Graphics Port" (if I recall) and is an older method of connecting graphics cards to your motherboard, although not as old as the original PCI. Most of the new graphics cards are PCI-E but AGP is still extremely common. If you have an after-market graphics card, or your computer came with one that wasn't on-board, the chances are good that it is AGP.
 Sithman1138
01-17-2006, 7:51 AM
Well, it looks like mypc, a HP Pavilion 743c, is good to go with those above specs? And is that a DECENT card that will run most games?
 Xyvik
01-17-2006, 6:35 PM
Well, it looks like mypc, a HP Pavilion 743c, is good to go with those above specs? And is that a DECENT card that will run most games?

Looks like you should be pretty okay. My 9700pro lasted me this long (recently upgraded though) and could handle Battlefield 2 on medium settings with good FPS(frames per second). You should be able to at least handle the game, but I can't guarentee what your visual qualities would be like.
 Sithman1138
01-17-2006, 9:55 PM
GOT THE CARD!!! Ended up gping with a GeForce 6200 OC. The people at the Geek Squad said it will run games up to about Quake 4. I also got a upgraded RAM. I GB BABY!! Thanks for all the help guys. Glad this ordeal is over. Thanks again. Mods, you can lock this thread.
 quickymart
01-17-2006, 10:13 PM
oh god the geek squad! RUNNN!!! they suck, dont listen to anything that works with/near best buy...they also suck

back to topic...
 popcorn2008
01-17-2006, 10:43 PM
Glad you got everything worked out =)

:lock:
Page: 1 of 1