Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Favorite Character

Page: 1 of 2
 Klia
01-15-2006, 12:08 PM
Made espically for those newer members on the board.

To post in this thread you first must name a favorite character from Whispering Rock and Thorney Towers. If you wish to go into more detail than fine.

To keep this as an actual discussion try to give at least one to two lines as to why you like them. I'm not asking for an essay.

Whispering Rock
Has to be Raz. Not only does he have the voice of a toned down Zim but he's funny, bold, from the circus, and a very developed character.

Thorney Towers
Boyd. Boyd personifies everything I love about Psychonauts. I love him even more now that I know he's based off of a real guy. I've always wanted to talk to a conspiratist (spelling is way off) as well. Unfortunantly, I've only talked to a hallucionigst (spelling is way off).
 KingCheez
01-15-2006, 12:47 PM
Whispering Rock
Vernon. Just, the best. Aaaargh. I can't even comprehend the awesomeness, seriously. It enrages me that I can't be as cool as Vernon. It makes me so very mad. He's too rad.

MAD BECAUSE HE'S RAD

Thorney Towers
Fred. His arms look really funny, they pretty much make him so great. He's like 12 feet tall and he picks stuff up with his legs. He's rad, like some kind of T-Rex.
 Paranoidish
01-15-2006, 12:57 PM
Whispering Rock

Dogen- I don't know why. He's just so cute and innocent. There is something I like about him.

Thorney Towers

Boyd-A duh. He's so paranoid and beautifully scripted. Never made me feel so strongly about milk. But he's closly followed by Dr. loboto; hes also a greatly acted psycho.
 Zetz Darke
01-15-2006, 1:50 PM
Whispering Rock
Raz-He's a great character ^^ Plus I love Richard Horvitz.

Thorney Towers
Edgar-Dunno why, I really liked him as a character and his mind was my most favorite out of the game...although...I did enjoy listening to Crispin talk...and Fred is probably my second favorite.
 Smon
01-15-2006, 5:59 PM
WR: Sasha Nein, like James Bond crossed with a chess champ.

TT: G-Men. ...they totally count.
 Odd
01-15-2006, 6:44 PM
Whispering Rock
Raz. No question about it. Same reason as Klia.

Thorny Towers
G-Men if they count XD Dr. Loboto because he's insane, and awesome. And very quoteable.
 DarthAve
01-15-2006, 7:41 PM
WR-Elton, because he's hot.

TT-Fred, because he's the hottest French guy EVER, and he's a total pimp.
 63_Nightmare
01-15-2006, 7:52 PM
Wispering Rock

Mikhail. I don't know why. I just liked him...

Thorney Towers

Fred. He's just so cool. And his arms are so shrimpy.. XD
 Gruducuuz
01-15-2006, 8:51 PM
Whispering Rock
Probably Ford Cruller. Anyone who can say Dagnabbit like him has got to be worth being cool.

Thorney Towers
Boyd, mainly because it was fun to listen to him blather on and on about, stuff.
(What if we gave Boyd a computer with intenet access? What would he blather about then?) And also his mind was the most fun just to toy around in.
 Smon
01-15-2006, 9:00 PM
Thorney Towers
Boyd, mainly because it was fun to listen to him blather on and on about, stuff.
(What if we gave Boyd a computer with intenet access? What would he blather about then?) And also his mind was the most fun just to toy around in.
Mr.X's Web Page (http://www.mrxswebpage.com/).

Headlines include:
They're Controlling Our Minds With Flu Shots
Spanish And Italian Are The Same Language
Bulletin: New Race Discovered Living Six Inches Under Denver -- All Named 'Mortonson'
 Gruducuuz
01-15-2006, 9:04 PM
*chuckle*

*snort*

*laugh*

*rofl*

*lack of oxygen*

*dead*
 Klia
01-15-2006, 9:09 PM
Unfortunantly I could not get a poll up and running that could handle so many names. So once everyone who is currently active has put in their vote I'll edit my first post and show who has won in their respective categories and then the overall winner.

http://www.whatbadgerseat.com/)
http://www.sexyslumberparty.com/)
http://www.dorks-gone-wild.com/)
http://www.springfieldisforgayloversofmarriage.com/)
 Klia
01-16-2006, 11:15 AM
Alright so I calculated all the votes...it was nearly impossible with all those half-votes and maybes and such.

Whispering Rock
Raz: 3
Vernon: 1
Dogen: 1
Sasha: 1
Elton: 1
Mikhail: 1
Ford: 1

Thorney Towers
Boyd: 3
Fred: 3
G-men: 2
Edgar: 1
Loboto: 1

Whispering Rock: Raz
Thorney Towers: Boyd/Fred

Looks like we're going to need another round for the Overall Winner. You're only allowed to vote between Raz, Boyd, and Fred. ONCE.
 Smon
01-16-2006, 12:39 PM
Alright so I calculated all the votes...it was nearly impossible with all those half-votes and maybes and such.

Whispering Rock
Raz: 3
Vernon: 1
Dogen: 1
Sasha: 1
Elton: 1
Mikhail: 1
Ford: 1

Thorney Towers
Boyd: 3
Fred: 3
G-men: 2
Edgar: 1
Loboto: 1

Whispering Rock: Raz
Thorney Towers: Boyd/Fred

Looks like we're going to need another round for the Overall Winner. You're only allowed to vote between Raz, Boyd, and Fred. ONCE.
Fred. His malloween cotume no doubt got me extra-chocolates last year.
 DarthAve
01-16-2006, 12:49 PM
Fred, because he's crazy yet sexy.
 Jam Deity
01-16-2006, 6:47 PM
Whispering Rock:
The hulking lungfish. ;)

Thorny Towers:
Mr. Pokeylope
If that doesn't count, I loved Edgar and his mind.
 63_Nightmare
01-17-2006, 4:47 PM
Fred.
 Klia
01-17-2006, 6:08 PM
Well...even if the others voted (which I'm sure they won't) Fred would still win.

FRED is considered the greatest Psychonauts character on these boards.

He should be feeling proud of himself.
 Smon
01-17-2006, 6:16 PM
Well...even if the others voted (which I'm sure they won't) Fred would still win.

So very proud.
http://fredbonaparte.ytmnd.com/)
 Klia
01-17-2006, 6:18 PM
WOAH! Did you make that?
 Smon
01-17-2006, 6:21 PM
WOAH! Did you make that?
I wish, I make stuff based on old comic books.
Example:SO... VERY... WRONG... (http://hushsuper.ytmnd.com/)
 DarthAve
01-17-2006, 8:31 PM
....ok then.
 Zetz Darke
01-17-2006, 9:13 PM

^^
So why does everyone like Fred?
I mean...I liked him...but...seriously...why's he so popular...
and even more so...why does Dr. Loboto have fangirls?? He wasn't all that attractive...He was funny...and crazy...which is good...but not all that attractive.
 DarthAve
01-17-2006, 9:40 PM
Everyone likes Fred cause he's realted to Napoleon, Gosh Tina! Eat your ham!

I'm just kidding, everoyone, like me, hat the total hots for this tall frenchman.
 Klia
01-18-2006, 5:58 PM
why does Dr. Loboto have fangirls
Because who else has blue skin?

...besides Draco.

I have seen someone who proclaimed themselves married to them...but I don't really care. Let the fools have their fun.
 Mashi An'krekku
01-18-2006, 6:56 PM
I proclaimed myself married to Edward Elric early last year.
Then I lost the marraige certificate.
 Zetz Darke
01-18-2006, 7:00 PM
Mkay...so they like Fred cause he's a hot frenchman and Dr. Loboto because he's blue...I see. When I thought about it I thought that Loboto would have been a lot more attractive with a better voice and a less crazy personality...but less amusing.
 Klia
01-18-2006, 8:33 PM
See the great thing about Loboto is that he doesn't give a flying ****. He just wants to take your brains...sure he's mad but most mad people potrayed in the media want to kill or go on about the depths of mankind.

Nah he just wants your lifejuices...ahh I mean brains.

So that's why he's cool.

I think I'd like Fred even if I wasn't a Napolean fangirl. He knows he's not crazy yet he subjects himself to go through the horrors of insanity? Why? Well...haven't you ever just wanted to go insane for whatever reasons you harbor?

And about FMA, I love it too. However Edward never really appealed to me that much. I'm not that attracted to anime characters.

However Matt Groening's characters...mmmhmm.
 DarthAve
01-18-2006, 10:13 PM
......Wow, I have all the sudden became the only person who doesn't have the hots for an animated character, just a real person. That's right Fred, Crispen, Raz, Sasha, ect.

I like nobody animated from television or from movies, ect.
 Klia
01-19-2006, 6:44 AM
......Wow, I have all the sudden became the only person who doesn't have the hots for an animated character, just a real person. That's right Fred, Crispen, Raz, Sasha, ect.

Most people's first crush is on an animated character..isn't that strange?

Mine totally happened the other way. I was in love with every kid that came my way and then I totally lost interest and just felt like watching T.V.

Heh, most adults still are in love with an animated character.
 63_Nightmare
01-19-2006, 6:04 PM

Man. I ENVY you..
 Smon
01-19-2006, 6:25 PM
Because who else has blue skin?

...besides Draco.

I have seen someone who proclaimed themselves married to them...but I don't really care. Let the fools have their fun.
Blue skin.... science... madman... baby mullet... wait you can only mean...
http://www.hill-kleerup.org/blog/images/Doctor_Drakken.gif)
 Zetz Darke
01-20-2006, 6:43 PM
I've fallen in love with animated characters since I was little. I still do...but not AS frequently. I'd totally be crushing on Raz if he wasn't ten. I think he's adorable ^^
 kaecla
01-25-2006, 8:05 PM
Whispering Rock
Milla all the way. Why? Because she rocks. That should be good enough for you!

Thorney Towers
Mr Pokeylope. Just his name makes me laugh. :dev7: He's mine, you can't have him!
 ialsolovebees
01-25-2006, 10:38 PM
Whispering Rock- Ford Cruller. The fact that he is so many people, but can't remember any of it is "totally rad". And then at the ending: (Spoiler?) When he has the 'travel sized magical rock' strapped to his back and he is trying desperately to lug it around... priceless.

Thorney Towers- Definitely Dr. Loboto, the character design fit him perfectly. The shower cap was the coup de' gras though. Absolutely perfect. If only I actually had gotten to fight him, alas.
 needlewarbler
01-26-2006, 2:18 AM
Can't say I've had a love affair with any animated character. But that may be because, being male, I tend to be a bit more shallow when it comes to love.

I have to admit though, the characters in this game seem more human than in say the Jak and Daxter series. The children act like children, the adults act like adults and the misfits act like...misfits. And they interact nicely as well, like Fred and Crispin when you first meet them, or when they leave the asylum.

And for the record, I like Edgar.
 Klia
01-26-2006, 12:57 PM
But that may be because, being male, I tend to be a bit more shallow when it comes to love.

Because all men are shallow :rolleyes:
 Megan
01-26-2006, 5:51 PM
Whispering Rock - Besides Raz, I'd have to say Dogen or Ford Cruller. I know I fell in love with Dogen the first time I met him. Well, not literally in love..but he was so cute. ^^

Thorney Towers - Crispin. Just his voice amused me. I loved what he said too. Once I just sat there and listened to him and Fred. Very fun for me.
 alliespixie
01-26-2006, 6:14 PM
mine is sasha(no brainer) and crisoin b/c i like evil people
 ValeriePF
01-27-2006, 10:10 PM
Whispering Rock: Either Raz or Dogen. I just loved Raz, and Dogen's so cute.

Thorney Towers: Dr. Loboto. I love absolutely everything about him. 'Nuff said.
 Klia
02-04-2006, 12:58 PM
Whispering Rock
Raz, of course. I find him to be a very well developed character, and after playing the game through more times and realizing what he went through in the past, the fact that he keeps smiling always impresses me.

Thorny Towers
Fred, of course! XD I got great laughs out of standing around, listening to him chatter away. Also, his disproportionate body makes him visually fun to look at (like when he balances the teddy bear on his foot).

Fred was a great character design. I love the average Joe look of him in his memories but when he's dressed up as Napolean he looks wacky.

I'm having a hard time explaining this but compare and contrast and you'll see.
 DarthAve
02-05-2006, 12:24 AM
I like Fred, because he reminds me of Gordie. If the men of the asylum were the gang of stand by me kids, Fred would definitly be Gordie, no doubt.
 Jintor
02-18-2006, 6:18 AM
Besides Raz (automated choice), Lili is a brilliant character.

Inside Thorny Towers? Definitely Edgar. There is something inside him that speaks to my soul.
 PoM
02-18-2006, 11:25 AM
Whispering Rock
Dogen.
Just Dogen.

Thorney Towers
Boyd, because his mind is the best part of the game, he's totally awesome himself, and I love the line "I am the milkman. My milk is delicious."
 Klia
02-18-2006, 12:05 PM
Whispering Rock
Dogen.
Just Dogen.

Thorney Towers
Boyd, because his mind is the best part of the game, he's totally awesome himself, and I love the line "I am the milkman. My milk is delicious."

I'm glad to see another fan of Boyd. I really did find his character fascinationg, espically when I found out that he was in fact based upon a real person. It's mindbending to think someone can and will actually think like that.

I also think it would be a nice break from the norm to be like Boyd. Not to mention his backstory fascinated me. How scared he looked when he was taken away, as if he thought he hadn't done anything when right before we saw him being dragged away.

Really interesting stuff that.
 Jintor
02-19-2006, 5:30 AM
He looked so wacked out when he was throwing them milk-bottles at the department store. I think it was a lotta fun to visit Boyd's mind, because it was the first (and, argueably, only) look at a genuinely insane person's mind.

Not that I don't think Fred or Elgar were insane, but I think they were more 'haunted'.
 Klia
02-19-2006, 9:25 AM
He looked so wacked out when he was throwing them milk-bottles at the department store. I think it was a lotta fun to visit Boyd's mind, because it was the first (and, argueably, only) look at a genuinely insane person's mind.

Not that I don't think Fred or Elgar were insane, but I think they were more 'haunted'.

Well with Fred it was suppoused to be that he drove himself insane, because he wanted to, it's almost a paradox as we know he wasn't insane but if he wanted to be driven insane wouldn't that make him?

Edgar, yeah. He just had some bad memories. It's those damn psychiatrists with their damn meds.

The person who seemed the most haunted was Gloria. Yet it brings up the same question as Fred, not as much but still it's there.
 snailboy
03-17-2006, 6:01 PM
Razputin's character design sold me on the game before I even played it. I loved Boyd also because of his randomly generated lines.
 TheWax
03-22-2006, 2:59 PM
Whsipering rock:Ford Cruller,'cause he's fun to use your psycic powers on,heheh.

Thorny Towers:Loboto,'cause he's pretty much insane AND evil at the same time.
 raven angle
03-22-2006, 3:54 PM
hmmm i dont remember my first crush being animated.....i must be the oddest person here lol
Page: 1 of 2