Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Mira Fashion Advice

Page: 1 of 1
 EmteeMoe
01-12-2006, 1:43 PM
I thought that Mira's original look was kinda silly. So I have made a reskin and model tweak to make her wearing a shirt instead of the funky looking rag she usualy wears.

Screeshot: http://www.freewebs.com/teamten/mira-moe1.jpg)

download mod (wip): http://www.freewebs.com/teamten/mira-moe.zip)

I would like advice about the emblem on the shirt (and the emblem color). Should I have an emblem, and if so, what should it be? The one I have now is just the first thing that I ran across in PSP preset shapes.

Also, is the color of the shirt ok?

Should I make modifications to her outfit like in Achille's "I prefer my bounty hunters without saddlebags" mod?

I hope that you like it. Thanks for the help. Thanks also to those who wrote the great modeling tut's in the skin-model forum!

Edit: I just occured to me that this might be better in the Taris Upper City Emporium. If so, I will delete it and re-post there.
 ChAiNz.2da
01-12-2006, 2:09 PM
I think it looks great :thumbsup:

I have mixed feelings about the emblem, and would almost make it a plain color.. but something like that I can do myself.. hehehe

I'd leave it on for now, IMO, as it's easier to take the emblem off (for modders) rather than putting something on ;)

Edit: I just occured to me that this might be better in the Taris Upper City Emporium. If so, I will delete it and re-post there.
If this is a release, let us know and we can move the thread for you rather than you having to delete it. If you'd rather keep it as a WIP.. then you can post in TUCE whenever you're happy with a "final" relelase :)

Welcome to the Forums! :waive1:
 The_Maker
01-12-2006, 2:19 PM
Looks pretty good, I might change the emblem a lil bit for presonal use but other than that it looks great! :thmbup1:
 Slipstreme
01-12-2006, 3:26 PM
Thats the empires emblem, what about this one
http://starwars.wikicities.com/images/thumb/a/a6/130px-Oldrepublic.jpg)

And maybe her shirt should be blue???
 Achilles
01-12-2006, 3:29 PM
Should I make modifications to her outfit like in Achille's "I prefer my bounty hunters without saddlebags" mod?
I like the shirt!
If you would like to save yourself some time and effort, feel free to include my tweaked model in your mod. Just be sure to give credit in your readme ;):D
 Darth333
01-12-2006, 3:58 PM
Very nice :) That's a mod I will use. I like the emblem too even if it's the Empire emblem.

- moved to the Emporium -
 Slipstreme
01-12-2006, 4:01 PM
It was just an idea, the emblem I posted is the old Republc's emblem that was changed shortly before the 7th battle of Russan
 Meatbag
01-12-2006, 4:14 PM
How about something like those I LOVE NY shorts but for Nar Shaddaa? In Aurabesh, of course. That would look interesting... and fitting in-character.
 The Source
01-12-2006, 4:25 PM
Yeah! That is pretty cool! Very nice work...

Every time I see Mira I think Mara... Hehehe...

"advice about the emblem on the shirt"
Leave it! Mara was the Emporer's Hand. Now I can relate Mira to Mara. There character traits are similar... Does it have creases, which show that there is form underneath?

A black and white version with the red will make a complete set.

** Click/Click **
Download Time! :)
 Slipstreme
01-12-2006, 4:29 PM
The download won't work... why don't you post it at PCGM?
 The Source
01-12-2006, 4:31 PM
The download won't work... why don't you post it at PCGM?
Go to the link and copy and paste it into your browser..
 Slipstreme
01-12-2006, 4:38 PM
Thanks MLC it worked
 EmteeMoe
01-12-2006, 8:30 PM
Thanks for all the feedback!

I did not intend it to be like the empire emblem it just was the handiest thing to slap on there. I think that I will include textures with several different emblems and also a plain one. That way people can always add their own design if they want to

Thanks for the offer Achillies. I can't include your mod though because I have made my own changes to the model. I think that I will just leave her "saddlebags" as they are.

The mod is a WIP so there is very little shading and creasing yet. Once I am happy with it I will upload it to PCGM. To download the files now you can right click on the link and select "Save As" or "Save Target As" (depending on your browser).

Watch for updates. :)
 Darth333
01-12-2006, 8:50 PM
If it's a WIP then I can move it back to Holowan and you can start a fresh thread here when ready if you prefer. Or one of us can change the thread title when you release the final version. Just PM me what you prefer :)
 JediGandalf
01-13-2006, 12:04 AM
*blows dust off his account*

I would make the shirt shorter. Not because I'm a lonely guy sorta but because it would fit Mira's character better. Attitude, rebellious, etc.

Also, not digging the emblem. I think the color's ok, though.

Good work.
 REDJOHNNYMIKE
01-13-2006, 12:11 AM
Did we really need to cover Mira up??? J/K :xp:

It does look good though.
You might try some symbols that would look a bit more Mandalorian G.I., kind of that shirt from old times that never got thrown away ;)
(maybe a little aging/fading)
 Slipstreme
01-13-2006, 2:22 AM
*blows dust off his account*

I would make the shirt shorter. Not because I'm a lonely guy sorta but because it would fit Mira's character better. Attitude, rebellious, etc.

Also, not digging the emblem. I think the color's ok, though.

Good work.

Do ya mean a midriff?
 JediGandalf
01-13-2006, 2:27 AM
Yeah. A midriff. Not overly flashy but enough to get the men of Nar Shaddaa to turn heads a bit....and the exile's.
 REDJOHNNYMIKE
01-13-2006, 2:52 AM
Maybe a hole or slit in the front, just a couple abs and navel?

She is a "mandalorian" bounty hunter, it wouldn't be entirely improbable to have several midriff exposing rips the size of a cathar warriors claws;)
 Somm-1
01-13-2006, 5:18 PM
I disagree with exposing more skin. But a few more options of color would be nice. Not that there is anything wrong with the original color. Maybe it would be a good idea to change the color of the coat and pants too.

I had a few ideas about how to cover-up the female characters of K1 & K2 a while back. I made a few alterations to some screenshots in Microsoft Paint, but I never bothered posting them because I didn't think anyone would care besides me. But given the making of this Mira Edit I think it is time to share my ideas. So is anyone interested? If so, I will start a request thread. So how about it EmteeMoe?
 Crazy_Hand
01-13-2006, 6:32 PM
I like it. I like the color of the shirt, but I'm not a big fan of the emblem.... it just doesn't seem to fit.
 Darthdude99
01-13-2006, 10:11 PM
Nice work. The emblem is a good idea but it needs to be changed. Not quit right yet... but great work none the less. I do think that the midriff is a great, let me repeat great, idea. Mira always needed to... "exploit her assets". Any way, hope to see more mods in the future. :)
Page: 1 of 1