Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

KotOR3 Storyline Ideas

Page: 1 of 2
 Darth Windu
01-10-2006, 2:53 AM
Okay, I've had some time to think about how the story for KotOR3 should go. Now, I've only done the beginning, and it's pretty basic, but I like it. Anyway, here it is.

• PC new character, Jedi Padawan
• Part of first generation of new Jedi Order
• Training on Coruscant under Masters Vivas, Atton, Mical and Bastila
• Complete side-quests on Coruscant much like Taris
• Suddenly, True Sith attack
• Jedi Temple attacked, fight way through Sith forces and get to Starfighter – need to repel invasion and protect planet
• Jump into fighter, droid already in it – its T3!
• Play through flight sim mini-game, eventually fighter gets disabled – enter ‘dream’ sequence, PC drifting in and out of consciousness
• Tractored into hanger of Republic Cruiser, enter Hyperspace, Coruscant in the hands of the True Sith
• Awaken on Cruiser, talk to various people. Where am I? Corellia, being fortified to withstand Sith assault
• Complete various side-quests on planet and shipyards, suddenly T3 starts squawking. What is it? The Ebon Hawk?
• Travel to Telos Academy, meet up with Brianna and Bao-Dur. Master Bao-Dur takes you as his Padawan, agrees to join you and T3 in the quest to defeat the True Sith…

Thoughts?
 RobQel-Droma
01-10-2006, 10:48 AM
Master Bao-Dur? Eh, I'd rather have someone else. And as for Mical, I don't really care if I see him as a Jedi Master or not, I'd rather have Bastila. I want to see Visas of course, and Brianna as the Jedi Master of the Telos Academy. As for the beginning, I haven't thought of something like that, but that might be pretty cool. :)
 Diego Varen
01-10-2006, 11:19 AM
I agree with Rob. I would rather have Bastila or Atton as my Master. Brianna as Master of the Secret Telos Academy is good and Bao-Dur as her Handman. Meanwhile the Masters of the Jedi Enclave on Dantooine or Courscant should be Atton, Visas, Mical, Mira, Bastila, Jolee and Juhani and a little Yoda guy covering for the Masters of the Enclave, Revan and the Exile (If they aren't Dark).

Apprentices should include (If they didn't die), Dustil Onasi (Telos Academy) and Yuthara Ban, who could also join your party.
 JediMaster12
01-10-2006, 1:08 PM
Yeah, I'd rather have someone else other than Bao-dur, just as long as it's NOT a ghost of Kreia. AHHH!!!

The thing of waking up and asking where you are sounds a bit like KOTOR. Overall, sounds good.
 Vaelastraz
01-10-2006, 1:13 PM
Sounds good!
Corellia is a planet I'd love to see. How many years after the end of TSL is your begin of the story? 1 year maybe?
 Diego Varen
01-10-2006, 1:35 PM
I think KOTOR3 should start straight after TSL, because any year gaps would mean that Revan and Exile are still somewhere in the Unknown Regions somewhere.
 Darth Windu
01-11-2006, 3:47 AM
I don't really know about timeframe. Certainly not directly after TSL, because there wouldn't be enough time to re-establish the Order, and no more than say three years. So, between 1 and 3 years :).

As for Bao-Dur, it doesn't really bother me who becomes your Master, I just like Bao. Then again, I just had an idea. How about

- Instead of Bao-Dur, Mira is your Master and travels with you.
- At some point, you meet up with the True Sith and to save you, she fights them to give you time to escape. Perhaps during your escape, they give you a 'Force vision' thingy of them defeating and then executing Mira. Why? Never been done before (they always survive), it makes the True Sith seem really hardcore, and fits in with what Kreia said about Mira dying (soon, of her own choice saving others)
 BoredAdminMonky
01-11-2006, 8:27 AM
Not too shabby at all.

As for having a NPC from the older games as your master, why not make have the Master dependent on your class? Guardian Bao-Dur, Consular Bastilla (if you choose Revan to be LS, if not then a new NPC will have to be done) & Sentinal Visas. Or something along those lines.

In regards to the true Sith attacking, how about the general leading the assualt being either Revan or the Exile (assuming you choose one to be DS and one to be LS).

For planets, I hope Dantooine & Korriban is not in it again. Rehashed maps suck.
 Darth InSidious
01-11-2006, 9:34 AM
*unnecessary comment. You can disagree with Darth Windu's idea but this kind of post is considered spam. Either post something constructive or don't post.

-Darth333
 Jae Onasi
01-11-2006, 10:15 AM
Hey, I really like the 'T-3 in the starfighter' thing. ;) ;) :D
 RobQel-Droma
01-11-2006, 11:08 AM

To tell you the truth, I hadn't thought about something like that. My idea for Mira was that she would be with Mandalore and his clan (she was a Mandalorian after all), and would have force powers but not be a true Jedi.
 Cygnus Q'ol
01-11-2006, 11:24 AM
I don't really know about timeframe. Certainly not directly after TSL, because there wouldn't be enough time to re-establish the Order, and no more than say three years. So, between 1 and 3 years :).

As for Bao-Dur, it doesn't really bother me who becomes your Master, I just like Bao. Then again, I just had an idea. How about

- At some point, you meet up with the True Sith and to save you, she fights them to give you time to escape. Perhaps during your escape, they give you a 'Force vision' thingy of them defeating and then executing Mira. Why? Never been done before (they always survive), it makes the True Sith seem really hardcore, and fits in with what Kreia said about Mira dying (soon, of her own choice saving others)

This is not a flame, but,
NO.
I would not be interested in playing this storyline.
 JediMaster12
01-11-2006, 12:58 PM

That could be plausible. Sounds neat but how would it fit with the rest of the story ie Revan and the Exile?
 Darth Windu
01-11-2006, 11:04 PM
BoredAdmin - well the whole point of Revan and the Exile going off into the Unknown regions was to combat the True Sithy, so I really can't see them leading the True Sith against the Republic.

InSidious - are you always disagreeable? Okay, you don't like my idea, but why?

Rob - Uh...isn't Mira a human slave who was with the Mandalorians? Pretty sure she isn't a Mandalorian.

Cygnus - okay, but why?

JediMaster - well this is only the first part of my idea, I still have big plans for Mandalore, Revan and the Exile.
 JediMaster12
01-12-2006, 5:38 PM
Ah then this should be a fanfic, no?
 Gray_Master
01-12-2006, 6:12 PM
I like a good number of the ideas, not big on the flight sim mini-game... would rather just give me the turret guns like in K1&2.

To be honest, we don't know anything about the "True Sith" why would they attack like that? The True Sith could be a race or a thought, a culture or a place, an energy or a life form. There is far to much unknown about them to include them in such a way IMO. I don't think a True Sith are so blunt in their actions..this attack seems more like Malak or some other normal Sith Lord....I think the True Sith are much more hidden. thats me 2cents anyway lol
 Darth Windu
01-12-2006, 11:00 PM
JediMaster - uh, no, it's not a fanfic. It's an idea as to how the storyline of KotOR3 should go.

Grey - well, due to what little we know of them, it's difficult to determine what their actions would be. I just figured that once they learn of the Republic and whatnot, they would attack the 'head of the beast', being Coruscant to cripple their enemies.
 Gray_Master
01-12-2006, 11:38 PM
I see your point, I had imagined the True Sith to remain in the shadows more than that. Maybe even be able to possess others to do their biddings...thats how I imagined them anyway lol...I like your ideas though.
 Darth InSidious
01-13-2006, 4:21 AM
Darth Windu: Yes, and I don't like your ideas because they're crap. :p
 Ztalker
01-13-2006, 8:57 AM
Well...

You onbiously start LS at your beginning, but good epic stuff overall.
It would semm obvious the new jedi would rebuild Coruscant, since it's safe, and Kreia mumbles about it all the time.
Also, T-3 would follow the jedi. All his former masters were Jedi, so he might be connected to them.

You might want to make it more neutral though, like playing a random civilian, trying to reach your family in all the chaos.

But good Idea overall. It would be quit more Epic then Kotor 2 :)
 JediMaster12
01-13-2006, 2:07 PM
Darth Windu: Yes, and I don't like your ideas because they're crap. :p

Constructive criticism would do you good and not insults. :p Darth Windu has some good ideas, just leave your bad mood at a pazaak table
 RobQel-Droma
01-13-2006, 2:17 PM
Darth Windu: Yes, and I don't like your ideas because they're crap.

Do you think that about everybody's ideas, or what? Darth Windu, you are right- He is just always disagreeable... :D

Rob - Uh...isn't Mira a human slave who was with the Mandalorians? Pretty sure she isn't a Mandalorian.

Yes, she was- but from what I remember her saying, she learned from the Mandalorians and essentially became a part of that clan, (I think). Even if she wasn't; I don't think that there is any reason why she wouldn't. That is just one of my story ideas, though.
 JediMaster12
01-13-2006, 5:33 PM
That is true.
 Cygnus Q'ol
01-13-2006, 8:15 PM
I'm not bashing. I just think Darth Windu's starting point is aligned to far to the light. I'm not sure how DS palyers would receive this. What is the darker path to this story anyway? I think it should start a bit more neutral.

It also seems as if the plot is too rigid right off the bat. I mean, You've already labled me a padawan, got me studying from a master on Coruscant and jumping into a starfighter. How'd I get here? Who am I?

Also, Bastilla as my master? I don't think so. I mean Malak had her for what,
a day or two?
...and she turned so quickly
(I'm still mad at her for that, even though I redeemed her).

How much time has passed? I just don't see her as a master. I don't buy it.

Also, I don't see Visas as a master either. Wasn't she a sith? What master would train a sith? How long would it take for an ex-sith to ascend to the rank of master? How long did you say went by?

This isn't a flame, in fact I like some of the ideas. Coruscant is a must. I have a serious hankerin' for that planet. I hope it's massive with many quests.
I also wouldn't mind mini starfight here and there to break it up. Just as long as it doesn't take away from the Kotor (RPG) feel.
 Darth333
01-13-2006, 9:12 PM
@ Darth InSidious: either post something constructive or don't post. I thought my previous edit was clear. You can dislike the proposed I deas but at least take the time to say why. "because they're crap" is just pure spam and quite rude.

As for me, I am not too fond the the Padawan idea. I prefer a more mature character discovering the force, perhaps a bit "а la Katarn". I definitely don't want to see Visas, Atton, Mical and/or Bastila as Jedi Masters...in fact I don't want a school like thingy.

Bastila could be killed in K1...yet they decided to make her appear in K2 (just to please boys in their puberty stage IMHO :p ). Even alive, I don'ty see her as a Jedi Master. As for the Kotor 2 characters, Visas could be killed too. In any event, I don't see any of them as a Jedi Master. They simply don't have the personality for this....huh? Atton or Bao-Dur as my teacher? It would have no credibility IMHO.
 Steve-O Kreesh
01-13-2006, 10:02 PM
You have some good ideas Darth Windu, but. At the end of TSL Kreia didn't know the future of Bao-Dur and the droids. Why not start the game as a regular joe that meets Bao and ends up going on a quest to find Revan and the exile and fight the "true" sith? Love Coruscant idea, got to have that planet and Corellia. How about Yavin 4, Alderran, and Naboo as new planets?
 Darth Windu
01-13-2006, 11:56 PM
Well, I just like the 'Coruscant training' idea. It immediately starts you off as a Jedi, and you get to wander around Coruscant.

Ztalker - you actually wouldn't be LS. The concept here is that, effectively, the Jedi Order has been wiped out except for a few, so they need to rebuild quickly to face the True Sith threat. Therefore, since you (the PC) are force-sensitive, they will train you. Look at KotOR, you could take every DS option on Taris and the Council still trains you.

Cygnus - a lot of the other info would be conveyed on Coruscant and during the game. I'm not a writer (of fiction anyway) so, as I pointed out, this idea is a rough outline of what I would to see.

Cygnus/Darth333 - here's the problem, if you don't use Bastila, Visas, Atton, Bao-Dur, Brianna, Mical and/or Mira as Jedi Masters, you havenothing. Who else will re-establish the Jedi Order? Sure, you could have a Jedi who has been hiding, but using one or more of the characters from KotOR and TSL would provide more of a link between the three games. Besides, aside from Mira (or Visas maybe) the other Jedi wouldn't be party members. Your Master would be, but would sacrifice themselves around 1/3 to 1/2 of the way through the game to save you.
 Hoboknight
01-14-2006, 1:32 PM
I was Thinking you can pick your alignment from the start

DS- You start out as a Sith- something and have choices whether to become good or stay bad blah blah

LS-Vice Versa

Or play as a Non-Jedi completely if you wanted

Also i was thinking you pick up people along the way, and it could be a character shrouded in mystery then it turns out to be the exile/Revan

and they were using you for something or another, they observe your behavior and based on that then stuff happens.
 Gray_Master
01-15-2006, 3:17 AM
I was Thinking you can pick your alignment from the start

No, IMO that would destory the whole point on the LS/DS bar...
 Darth Brandon
01-15-2006, 12:49 PM
How about this...what about in KOTOR III you start out as a fallen Jedi who is on his way to becoming a sith but all the while he has reservations and throughout the game you make decisions that either keeps you a sith or return to the jedi order.
 Darth Windu
01-15-2006, 10:21 PM
Uh...no. Why do people want their alignment to be DS at the start of the game? The whole point of the LS/DS system is that you choose what your character is through in-game actions and conversations. You will start as neutral.
 Master Kavar
01-16-2006, 12:39 AM
My idea is very much like Windu, your character should be a young padawan in the new Jedi Order. At the begining you would be given a "history test", where you have to answer what gender and alignment Revan and the Exile was, and of course you can't be wrong. ;) From there the story could change to accomodate how those characters affected the present game.
 RedHawke
01-16-2006, 1:47 AM
Uh...no. Why do people want their alignment to be DS at the start of the game? The whole point of the LS/DS system is that you choose what your character is through in-game actions and conversations. You will start as neutral.
Quoted for emphasis! ;)

Start with a neutral character, we will. :yodac:
 JediMaster12
01-19-2006, 11:41 AM
My idea is very much like Windu, your character should be a young padawan in the new Jedi Order. At the begining you would be given a "history test", where you have to answer what gender and alignment Revan and the Exile was, and of course you can't be wrong. ;) From there the story could change to accomodate how those characters affected the present game.

That could take care of the issue of when you meet or if you meet Revan and/or the Exile.
Still what happens if you start off as a regular joe. Will the questions be popped when you meet a Jedi or as I believe Steve-O-Keesh said if you meet Bao-dur?
 Steve-O Kreesh
01-23-2006, 10:18 PM
If you will allow me to elaborate on my last post.

You meet Bao-Dur and he senses the force within you. He tells you he is a Jedi and then asks you if you want to train in the ways of the Jedi. You say yes, he takes you to a nearby hanger which of course holds the Ebon Hawk. You set course for Telos and you arrive at the hidden Jedi Academy. You meet Briana, Mara, and Atton. you then train as a Jedi and do your "history" test to determine the story of the last two games.

I don't know, a structure similar to the first kotor might be a good idea. Go with the formula that won game of the year. :)
 The Source
01-23-2006, 10:54 PM
I think they should end the Revan story quickly. The next time I want to see Revan is in novel form. Playing another full-game about Revan will only make me cringe.

At the beginning, I think you should learn that Revan, Bastila, The Exile, and anyone else had died. Through the first half of the game, you should discvover what had occured to them. Durring the last half, you should be confronting a new force of evil, and build a new story.

I woudn't mind seeing Visas as a Sith Lord.

I think you should be able to start the game either fully dark or light.

Aton talking about Revan was a waste. I don't want to see this again... Bad idea.. "Uh... The Exile and Revan went to the Outer Rim to find the ancient Sith."... Can you say, "W.T.H."....

You should be able to start with some Force powers right away. Otherwords, you can choose at startup upto three force powers.

There should be a dramatic revelation, which gives you chills.
(An actual ending....) No just dialogue ending... Animations and dialogue would be nice... (Kreia looked drunk when she talked to you at the end.)

Unfortunately, nothing of the above will come to light...

Oh....And one other thing... It has to feel epic and Star Warsish...
 RobQel-Droma
01-24-2006, 12:55 PM
I woudn't mind seeing Visas as a Sith Lord.

One problem... You could turn Visas LS in TSL.
 JediMaster12
01-24-2006, 1:31 PM
If you will allow me to elaborate on my last post.

You meet Bao-Dur and he senses the force within you. He tells you he is a Jedi and then asks you if you want to train in the ways of the Jedi. You say yes, he takes you to a nearby hanger which of course holds the Ebon Hawk. You set course for Telos and you arrive at the hidden Jedi Academy. You meet Briana, Mara, and Atton. you then train as a Jedi and do your "history" test to determine the story of the last two games.

I don't know, a structure similar to the first kotor might be a good idea. Go with the formula that won game of the year. :)

It does sound like KOTOR when you are determined a "special case" and trained as a Jedi. However, how will Bao-dur have hold of the Hawk? At the end if LS, the Exile heads into the Unknown Regions in the Hawk. Are we going to have a case where T3 brings it back?
I've noticed how everyone says the Hawk should be in KOTOR 3 but no one, as far as I have read, maybe badly, has elaborated on the Hawk's return.
As for Bao-due, you have the option to train him as a Jedi or not so how would it be determined?

I'm sorry if I'm such a pain in the rear but these questions have been swimming in my head since reading the posts today. :)
 Val-Dorn
01-24-2006, 10:50 PM
I'm not too fussy on what they put in the game as long as they have:
Good storyline to keep you playing until 2am everyday
Coruscant...well because it's Coruscant
Revan,Exile, Bastilla
A Grievous like droid as a NPC
And well basically everything else that has been said.
 JediMaster12
01-25-2006, 11:17 AM
Welcome Val-Dorn!

Why would you want a Greivous droid? We already have an assassin type that like bloody confrontations: HK-47.
 Darth Sun_Tzu
01-25-2006, 11:21 AM
I think it might be interesting to have a Greivous type droid, one that can use vibroblades or even lightsabres.

Well i guess thats what the jedi party members are for! So they probably won't.
 Cygnus Q'ol
01-25-2006, 1:35 PM
Welcome Val-Dorn!

Why would you want a Greivous droid? We already have an assassin type that like bloody confrontations: HK-47.

Yeah, but can HK-47 wield six lightsabers?
I think it would be cool to have another seriously dangerous droid type.
 JediMaster12
01-25-2006, 1:40 PM
You got me on that one. I guess I just like HK because he is comical in his bloodthirstyness. I was particularly amused with his use of the word meatbag. Greivous was too creepy for me. I just have a partiality to the atro/protocol droid duo. Wouldn't you?
 Cygnus Q'ol
01-25-2006, 1:43 PM
Actually, I do too. Where does that come from?

Anyway, would you like to use HK-47 and T-3 again or would you like to see some other models, perhaps the next gen line of astro-droid?

...and if so, could you see some part of the story taking us to a dorid world or some kind of manufacturing planet perhaps?
You know, something like Mechis III, Holowan labs, or Kuat Drive yards.

If not the main story, then perhaps a side quest, to have us infiltrate a massive droid complex of some sort. Maybe on this droid slashing quest, as we fight our way to the control center, we aquire a droid companion along the way. Perhaps even a prototypical model.

I donno, what do you think?
 XoRRoX
01-25-2006, 1:57 PM
I think, that Bindo should play a importent role in the new game. As a force ghost. He is actually the "modern" jedi. And maybe more importent then many other jedis?
 Steve-O Kreesh
01-25-2006, 8:03 PM
Picking up a new droid is a good idea. But not another GO-TO. He was useless and annoying. I've never skipped through a character's dialog so fast as with his. :)
 Shem
01-25-2006, 9:37 PM
I always try not to think about what I think the storyline should be in a sequel too often. The reason is because you can fall in love with ideas that more than likely won't happen and it can cause disappointment.
 JediMaster12
01-26-2006, 10:47 AM
I see you have a calm and reasonable mind JediShemL. I guess we should all try that during our rather heated discussions.

@Cygnus Q'ol: I would rather have T3 and Hk, I just love them but for a new party member I would take a new prototype droid that was just as deadly as HK. I can imagine the fights. They would be funny on the cutscenes on the Hawk, if we get the Hawk. What am I saying. Of course we will have the Hawk. :wan:
 igyman
01-29-2006, 2:43 PM
Statement: New idea people! At the begining of KoTOR 3 the intro shows Bastila, head of the reestablished Jedi Council on Coruscant, discussing Revan's whereabouts with Jolee (Council member), Juhani (Jedi instructor), Carth and Canderous. The scene ends with Bastila's question: Where could Revan possibly be? Now a scene begins on the Dark Planet located just outside the galaxy. That planet doesn't have its own sun, so its always night. We are taken to a huge throne room where Revan (in his famous robes with the mask) meets the Sith Lord who will be the main bad guy in KoTOR 3. The Sith Lord tells Revan that he/she made a big mistake by coming there and says that Revan will die as the exile if he persists. They engage in combat and the Sith Lord triumphs. Instead of killing him the Sith Lord decides to spare Revan's life because Revan did weaken the Republic. He strips Revan of the armor and his memories of the Dark Planet's location and sends him/her in a small aircraft straight to Coruscant. At this point you are taken to the character creation screen and after that you take Revan's role once more in his quest to rally his companions and find the Dark Planet.

Addendum: It's a long intro, yes, but you can't say it's bad.
 Darth InSidious
01-29-2006, 4:36 PM
Bastila and Juhani could well be dead. Nice idea, though.
Page: 1 of 2