Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

What Is Your Favourite Lightsaber and What Colour(s) Would You Have?

Page: 1 of 2
 Diego Varen
01-09-2006, 1:50 PM
I was just wondering, what is your favourite Lightsaber type and what colour(s) would you have?
 YertyL
01-09-2006, 3:05 PM
I am a bit undecided between double-bladed and single saber - I like single because it's balanced and "classic", but double-bladed because of its cool look and defensive style.
Either way, the colour of my choice would be blue.
 RobQel-Droma
01-09-2006, 4:11 PM
Single blue saber. Usually in the games it changes though, just with what type of character I am. LS male usually is single and blue, LS female was a silver saberstaff, and my DS male game right now has a red saberstaff.
 Darth Windu
01-09-2006, 10:35 PM
Twin single blades. On-hand is a blue sabre, off-hand is a green sabre. I must say though, i'm quite a fan of the silver blade.
 Jae Onasi
01-09-2006, 10:43 PM
Dual single blades for me, usually blue or cyan for both. I think veridian is kind of cool, too. I usually give different colors to each PC/NPC so I can keep track of whose lightsaber belongs to each character when I do upgrades.
 Carthaholic
01-09-2006, 10:50 PM
Usually have a normal lightsaber with a cyan crystal in my right hand and a short lightsaber with a green or veridian crystal in my left hand. If I ever feel like changing I go with purple and blue or silver.
 RedHawke
01-10-2006, 2:16 AM
When I'm feeling Fine... :saberr:

When I'm feeling Dandy... :saberr: :saberr:

When I'm feeling Fine & Dandy at the same time... :dsaber:

:D
 MdKnightR
01-10-2006, 2:21 AM
Personally, I am torn between using an orange saber and the Weaponmaster blue/green saber (of Redhawke and Maverick's creation).

<<<<SHAMELESS PLUG WARNING>>>>

Both can be found in my Heart of the Force Saber mod. :D
 Gray_Master
01-10-2006, 2:23 AM
Jedi Master) Single Green
Jedi Watchman) Single Cyan (Blue if no Cyan and with black robes..looks great)
Sith Lord) Single Red
Sith Assassin) Double-bladed Red
 JediMaster12
01-10-2006, 2:27 AM
I like using two single blades, to me the best effect, and I have a partiality to the Mantle of the Force and Heart of the Guardian but I also like the silver blade and the bronze one.
 Diego Varen
01-10-2006, 2:33 AM
There isn't a bronze one. Is there? Actually do you mean the Orange one?
 Darth Windu
01-10-2006, 2:47 AM
No, there is a bronze one. Except that the Mantle of the Force and Heart of the Guardian aren't in TSL.
 Prime
01-10-2006, 10:45 AM
Single blue lightsaber. If it is good enough for Obi-Wan, it is good enough for me. :)
 Diego Varen
01-10-2006, 10:48 AM
There is a bronze one? Oh. Case closed.
 Diego Varen
01-10-2006, 11:03 AM
I've never said, but my Lightsaber type and colour would be:

Jedi Guardian: Two Blue Lightsabers
Jedi Consular: Green Lightsaber
Jedi Sentinel: Double-Bladed Yellow Lightsaber
Dark Jedi Guardian: Two Red Lightsabers
Dark Jedi Consular: Red Lightsaber
Dark Jedi Sentinel: Double-Bladed Red Lightsaber
Jedi Master: Green Lightsaber
Jedi Weapon Master: Blue and Green Lightsabers
Jedi Watchman: Blue Lightsaber
Sith Lord: Red Lightsaber
Sith Assassin: Double-Bladed Red Lightsaber
Sith Marauder: Two Red Lightsabers

PS: I usually play as Jedi Consular and Jedi Master TSL. On KOTOR, I usually play as Scout and Jedi Consular.
 Darth InSidious
01-10-2006, 12:25 PM
Generally, Single yellow/Dual, one yellow the other purple or bronze or a non-class colour. This is because I usually play as a Consular.
 Rain128
01-10-2006, 12:54 PM
Single Green/Viriden
or
Single Purple
 Vaelastraz
01-10-2006, 1:00 PM
Single blue or red.
No matter what class i play...i just like the look of wielding one saber only and the animations best.
 Jeremia Skywalk
01-10-2006, 2:43 PM
If i use two weapon fighting i always use two single handed sabers, but usually i play with dueling and one blue/green/silver saber. I use two instead of staff, for the simple reason of more upgrades avaiable. Anyway i once did the game with a short saber (when i got my first i mean) i think that's how assassin should be with a weapon to cut enemies throath not to cut his head off.
 Cygnus Q'ol
01-11-2006, 11:47 AM
It depends on what I'm wearing.

I like dual blue sabers when aligned with the light. (Guardian/Sentinel)
Green saberstaff when feeling invincible and counsular-ish.

Silver single hilt is my favorite, but I balance it with a blue or viridian in the off hand.

When the darkside has consumed me and I've fallen, only red or orange will do.
(sometimes orange in one and yellow in the other to separate me from the other sith.) Red and orange together looks terrible.

...sometimes a blue saberstaff just for kicks.
 JediMaster12
01-11-2006, 12:51 PM
Saberstaffs are cool but I'd rather leave it in the hands of the Handmaiden or Visas. They look better
 JediMasterDeath
01-12-2006, 10:52 AM
Silver Saberstaff here ^.^ I like green too, but I gotta say I think they can stop adding colors now > . < Im feeling a bit silly with the Orange, and Yellow as it is. I have yet to see anyone use anything but Red, Green, or Blue in starwars, though I like the choice, I think any more colors might be pushing it a bit ^.^ So im not looking for any new ones in KOTOR 3
 Servantoflight
01-12-2006, 11:09 AM
I would have to say Silver single hilt and a purple single hilt when LS, Silver saberstaff when DS (I like silver =)), but I always have either a saberstaff or two single hilts. The colors I use are blue, cyan, green, purple, and as you know SILVER!!! Hehe, I have gone insane, maybe it was because of the paint stripper I was using on the antique furniture yesterday. XD
 PoiuyWired
01-12-2006, 12:18 PM
A green saber that fades to blue overtime!!! Now thats realistic starwars!!!

Ok, silver saber is really nice, that, or seafoam/jade, followed by purple/indigo.

I wish they have RGB saber as a choice.
 Meatbag
01-12-2006, 4:09 PM
I like Vrook's saber, when he shows the stance he actually touches what he's not supposed to touch a few times... as if his saber was just a glowstick.
 Darth InSidious
01-12-2006, 5:03 PM
Actually, HotG and MotF are in the game resources, but not accessible in-game without a mod :xp:
 JediMaster12
01-12-2006, 5:11 PM
Thanks for the insight! :)
 Hallucination
01-12-2006, 7:37 PM
I have yet to see anyone use anything but Red, Green, or Blue in starwars,
In AOTC and ROTS Windu uses purple, and in ANH the saber Obi-Wan gives Luke is rather cyan-like:).

As for me, it'll have to be a single purple saber.
 Alkonium
01-12-2006, 7:41 PM
Either a Blue single, or a Yellow Double. And the yellow double saber would have the Champion hilt from Jedi Academy.
 Clone L68362
01-12-2006, 9:30 PM
My ideal character has a single orange saber. Orange like, real orange, not that red lava thing that HotG and Bronze use.
 RedHawke
01-13-2006, 12:59 AM
Actually, HotG and MotF are in the game resources, but not accessible in-game without a mod :xp:
Not true...

They are accessable from Suvam Tan after you help him out with his Trandoshan problem, after the third Star Map or is it the Fourth Star Map.

;)
 Aurora Merlow
01-13-2006, 9:56 AM
Single blue sabre. Plain and traditional. Plus i am usually a jedi guardian. Don't mind a purple every now and then though
 Darth InSidious
01-13-2006, 10:13 AM
Not true...

They are accessable from Suvam Tan after you help him out with his Trandoshan problem, after the third Star Map or is it the Fourth Star Map.

;)
I know that! I meant in TSL!
;)
 RedHawke
01-13-2006, 10:22 AM
I know that! I meant in TSL!
;)
I see, I missed that part.
 JediMaster12
01-13-2006, 2:03 PM
I would have to say Silver single hilt and a purple single hilt when LS, Silver saberstaff when DS (I like silver =)), but I always have either a saberstaff or two single hilts. The colors I use are blue, cyan, green, purple, and as you know SILVER!!! Hehe, I have gone insane, maybe it was because of the paint stripper I was using on the antique furniture yesterday. XD

A Silver fan. I like the color too. It's so pretty:)
 jedi3112
01-14-2006, 8:20 AM
I would really like to alter the color using RGB codes or light intensity slides, so I can create my own color.

However I generally use 2 lightsabers when playing as a guardian, a dualbladed saber when playing as a sentinel, and a single normal saber when playing as a consular. Though I nearly always play as guardian and very rarely as a sentinel.

Now for the colors that I use in game
Generally I don't use just one color. That said there are still only a few colors I use. Them being
Red
Blue (when I don't have blue I use purple instead, untill I have blue)
Green
Orange
Cyan

When using 2 sabers, I never use the same color for each blade. Though 2 red sabers or 2 orange sabers are allowed. I am also not a big fan of blue and cyan sabers together. I use blue mostly together with green as well, as using orange together with cyan. In these cases I also use the first color mentioned in my right hand and the second color mentioned in my left hand.
 Jeff
01-14-2006, 9:49 AM
I use a single blue saber.
 Steve-O Kreesh
01-14-2006, 10:30 AM
I love the classic blue, but I'm partial to purple as well.

I'll use blue single hilt, or purple for one hand. Silver single hilt in the off-hand.

Orange single hilt is what I'm using now, it looks kinda cool with Padawan robes. :)
 Echo-7
01-14-2006, 11:37 AM
My favorite saber is a single saber with blue blade, but in KOTOR 2 i use a silver blade, it looks nice too :)
 Hoboknight
01-14-2006, 1:34 PM
My Female Exile

2 Purple Single Blades

Also she wore that Dancer Costume through the entire thing, i never changed it hahaha
 Master omega
01-14-2006, 1:48 PM
My lightsaber Would be Blue if im Lightside. Red if im Darkside But my hilt Because rember all jedi make there own lightsaber I would Have one Thats a Dual bladed Saber that can seprate into two sabers with a flick off a switch that would be the ultmate lightsaber lets be honest :) But in the game useually just go one saber because its classic.
 Cygnus Q'ol
01-20-2006, 10:09 AM
Cyan double bladed lately.

I have no idea why.
 JediMaster12
01-20-2006, 11:19 AM
You just like the color. Me I like bronze. It has a neat look as well as silver.
 kobem
01-29-2006, 6:57 AM
I was just wondering, what is your favourite Lightsaber type and what colour(s) would you have?

in my opinion , it would be double-bladed red lightsaber
i suppose it belongs to vader
 Mandalorian-Jed
01-29-2006, 7:36 AM
Single green.
One green, one blue,
Staff green.
 Darth Plagueis
01-29-2006, 8:23 PM
im liken the dual silver and blue blades or the blue and orange dual or double-bladed red for my darkside character
 Darth Plagueis
01-29-2006, 8:30 PM
You just like the color. Me I like bronze. It has a neat look as well as silver.

how do you get the bronze color?
 Clone L68362
01-29-2006, 8:47 PM
There really isn't a bronze. In KOTOR the Heat of The Guardian crystal produces a reddish orange blade. This is used for orange in KOTOR 2, and there is a bronze crystal but it looks exactly the same.
 ForceFightWMe12
01-29-2006, 9:31 PM
Double bladed silver or blue would be my favorites.
 Darth Plagueis
01-29-2006, 9:42 PM
ok then wut is the heat of the guardian crystal ive played kotor a million times and never heard of it.just wonderin

On Yavin Station you can buy it from Suvam Tan the old Rodian that lives there after you help him with his Trandoshan problems and your capture and escape from the Leviathan I believe. ;) -RH
Page: 1 of 2