Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Force Align v1.0

Page: 1 of 1
 Soltaris
01-08-2006, 10:26 PM
I just posted my first KOTOR TSL mod. Please check it out I'm very interested in hearing what people think of it.

http://pcgamemods.com/mod/18221.html)

This modification enhances role-playing by discouraging the use of opposite-aligned force powers, and by offering an additional method to gain darkside/lightside points. No longer will you be required to choose dialog options against your persona just so you can achieve force mastery. Now you'll have the occasional freedom to use deceit, manipulation, and treachery to conquer your foes. Just be sure to fry some of them with force lightning!

The way this works - Each time your main character uses a non-neutral force power there's a percentage chance you may gain a darkside or lightside point. The chance this happens depends on factors such as which power was cast and what your current Good/Evil rating is (details included with the Readme.txt).

A game fix is also provided which makes force power beams appear at the hand instead of front and above on female models.

Enjoy :)
 goldberry
01-09-2006, 11:01 AM
that's a real cool mod (not that i've actually tested it yet, but i love the idea behind it)! I was thinking about something like this, but to make it so it always does it, but to a decimal level (+/- 0.05 or something like that), but the script threw it back in my face.
 Soltaris
01-09-2006, 4:43 PM
Thanks for your input :)

I suppose it may be possible to keep track of decimal amounts but it would have to be stored in some sort of global variable that was always active throughout the entire game. My method of using a % chance was easier to implement and that's why I decided to go that way. I might look into using a fractional system in the future but for now this should work out the same given a large enough sample (for example by the time you complete Telos there shouldn't be much if any difference with the point totals between the two methods regardless of luck).

I've already started working on my next version, which will give a fairly simple way to customize the percentages for each power. I think the ones I chose are well balanced when used with the default dialogs, but I figure there's probably people out there who might want to fiddle with the settings and try something new.
 reiella
01-11-2006, 8:08 AM
Does this only work on the Exile? Or does it work for the entire group?
 Soltaris
01-13-2006, 12:17 AM
Only force powers cast by the Exile can generate DS/LS points with this mod.

I didn't touch the way recruited characters gain or lose alignment. They are still influenced by any dark/light shifts the Exile makes regardless of what was done to trigger the shift. It's they who should mirror you and not the other way around. That seems to be a core component of the way the main story unfolds.

I hope that helps.
Page: 1 of 1