Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Please read this!!

Page: 1 of 1
 Zraii
05-02-2000, 10:16 PM
Can anyone please help me create some OPT files for X-Wing Alliance?

------------------
"- Always to there are..
a Master and a aprentice."

----------------------------

Master_Zraii@hotmail.com

http://sr2.xoom.com/sluisvan)
 Deus
05-03-2000, 6:04 PM
For example, the creation of Opts from DXF file formats is easy (See darkjedi.com), however, I think you are looking for a mesh creator (a person who models the ship, and creates the DXF file). You are likely to find a person who creates these files at swma.net, or maybe even here at this message board.
Right now, I am not that skilled in making these files, but I might be able to help you some, as I am trying to learn how to make opts myself using premade DXF models

~Deus
 Zraii
05-04-2000, 4:59 AM
Yeah, thanks, that would be great.
You got icq or something?
My UIN nr is 67339841

------------------
"- Always two there are..

----------------------------

Master_Zraii@hotmail.com

TK421
05-07-2000, 4:11 PM
Zraii,

I am currently creating OTPs and DXFs using 3DStudio Max r3.1
Though I must say that I am not greatly experienced in this field of editing, only started a week ago but I've already built my own ship.

Hey guys, How can I post a screenshot here to show off my new ship?

TK421
----------------------------------
"Peace through superior firepower"
 Vark111
05-07-2000, 5:12 PM
To post an image, place the file on a web server, and use the BB's built-in [img] tag pair.

------------------
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day... Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.
 Zraii
05-07-2000, 9:06 PM
Originally posted by TK421:
Zraii,

I am currently creating OTPs and DXFs using 3DStudio Max r3.1
Though I must say that I am not greatly experienced in this field of editing, only started a week ago but I've already built my own ship.

Hey guys, How can I post a screenshot here to show off my new ship?

TK421

Okay cool. You in a group or something? Want to join OPT Alliance?
Contact me on mail: Master_Zraii@hotmail.com
or at icq:

/Zraii

------------------
"- Always two there are..

------------------

Master_Zraii@hotmail.com

Ruhan Raeyaz
05-10-2000, 2:27 PM
Okay question about 3d studio max.

I am using v2.5, i also use rhino3d , in fact I HATE modeling in max.

Can the textures you use in 3d studio max show up in the game without using the texture extracter or using the methods tried outside of 3dmax? This refers mainly to difuse bitmaps.
 TK421
05-10-2000, 2:58 PM
Originally posted by Ruhan Raeyaz:
I am using v2.5, i also use rhino3d , in fact I HATE modeling in max.

So do I, that's why I just bought a copy of AutoCad 1.4 from my local paper.

Uh, if that question was directed at me, well I don't texture my Models in 3DSmax, I just make the wireframe and thats it, then export that to DXF fiel format to use in ACE_DXF. I edit existing or create my own textures in Paintshop Pro 5 and use those. Besides I don't think the DXF file you use to build a new ship contains any texture info, it's just all mesh, face and vertex data I think.

All textures that appear in the game are allocated to the models during creation of the OPT file as far as I know. When you import a DXF to create an OPT, all the faces in all meshes are set to the ACE_DXF default texture. That's why texturing is a pain in the butt (for me anyway), you have to go and make sure every face and texture is rotated and orientated just right.

------------------
"Peace through superior firepower"
Page: 1 of 1