Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

A Question for the USM Guys/Girls

Page: 1 of 1
 SilverSentinal2
01-07-2006, 1:21 PM
Hi I was browsing your pics the other day and I came across Nilhius' light-saber and I think it's beautiful. Um this isn't a request just a technical question, but can that saber hilt be used for a double-blade?
 ChAiNz.2da
01-07-2006, 5:49 PM
Hi I was browsing your pics the other day and I came across Nilhius' light-saber and I think it's beautiful. Um this isn't a request just a technical question, but can that saber hilt be used for a double-blade?
Would definitely take some serious "messing with". Seprithro used a technique that enabled him to warp/angle the blade emitter (one I'm still not 100% sure on).. so he, svцsh & perhaps T7 might know a bit better ;)

Since you'd have to rig the emitter on both ends (and re-model the lower half), the PC (assuming that's who'd you want it for) may hold it awkward. Nilhilus himself couldn't since his model doesn't have the combat animations for a double-handed weapon... :giveup:
 T7nowhere
01-07-2006, 5:51 PM
The simple answer is no. If I remember correctly it just wouldn't be possible to rig a double saber the same as the single saber is rigged.
 SilverSentinal2
01-07-2006, 6:47 PM
Sorry T7 I didn't mean to cause an offence. :cry: I've always thought a curved double-saber would be cool. Anyway thanks for answering!
 T7nowhere
01-07-2006, 6:52 PM
???

No offense was taken. I was just stating it couldn't be done.
Page: 1 of 1