Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

My first mod...I need help.

Page: 1 of 1
 Sarthos
01-05-2006, 10:12 PM
I've decided to try my first mod. I'm making a red force lighting, just to make sure I can actually do something, then I might attempt some other force powers. But while looking through the models in the models.BIF file (I think that's where it is) I'm getting lost. Does anyone know what all the letters stand for? I think if it starts with a c_ that means computer, but other then that...I don't know. What do all these letters mean?
 Lando Griffin
01-05-2006, 10:50 PM
well you dont go to bifs, u go to ERF-swpc_tex_tpa.erf-F-Fx_Lightning.tpc, and save. Then reskin the tga red. hope that helps.
 Sarthos
01-05-2006, 11:03 PM
I guess that's too simple...how about something that isn't texturing? You could suggest something simple...if you give me a short guide to find MDL files. What the letters they start with, end with, etc. stand for is what I need.
 T7nowhere
01-06-2006, 2:21 AM
c_ = creatures(this can be anything from an alien, droid, drexel, ect
dor_ = doors
fx_ = special effects(things like explosions, smoke,ect)
v_ = effects( mostly for force powers but also for special droid weapons)
i_ = Game Items(belts, masks, credits, ect.)
n_ = NPC's
p_ = Party members
plc_= placables(desks, computer consoles,decorations, ect.)
w_= weapon models

Some of its not as organized as it should be, but if its used in the game then it will be referenced somewhere.
 Sarthos
01-06-2006, 4:29 PM
That's exactly what I was looking for :D

So if it says c_ it could even be an intelligent species (like rodians, twileks, etc.)?
 Nodakrattler
01-06-2006, 7:20 PM
That's exactly what I was looking for :D

So if it says c_ it could even be an intelligent species (like rodians, twileks, etc.)?

Yes and no. Most NPC's are under N_, but some may be under others, like the Trandosians are under P_. So I think the best way is to look for the first three characters, such as: N_T(twilek), N_D(dark jedi, Malak, & Revan), and P_T(Trandosian).
 Sarthos
01-06-2006, 7:55 PM
what about ones that start with l_?
 Nodakrattler
01-06-2006, 9:00 PM
what about ones that start with l_?

I believe most of those are textures for masks and other items. I think I also saw corpse textures in there.
 T7nowhere
01-06-2006, 9:23 PM
Like I said in my post It's not always consistant. l_ looks like alien NPC's, they could also be unused models or just junk. I don't think those ones are but, there are unused models in there.
 Sarthos
01-07-2006, 12:55 PM
Ok. I thought it was some sort of NPCs, because I noticed a lot of different species int there. I didn't know whether they were species, or corpses.

Where are the corpse models?
 T7nowhere
01-07-2006, 6:20 PM
Where are the corpse models?

Those would be under plc (placables).
 Sarthos
01-07-2006, 8:52 PM
cool. I also got Calo's armor to finally work. Now, what should I do with it?
 Prime
01-08-2006, 9:44 PM
cool. I also got Calo's armor to finally work. Now, what should I do with it?A nice reskin is always a good place to start. :)
 Sarthos
01-13-2006, 11:23 PM
Where are the models of people's heads? I'm looking for the male main character one, and if I can reskin it to black hair, that will be my first mod.
Page: 1 of 1