Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

About one of Kreia textures

Page: 1 of 1
 LORD SPARTAN
01-05-2006, 3:45 PM
Can someone help me, I am doing a reskin of Kreia LS clothing and I need the texture name of her green robe. The face is working well, but the body isn't changing color. What I have found is a brown colored robe named P_KreiaA. What other name her textures got.
 bolsen
01-05-2006, 6:22 PM
Kreia has ls clothing? and if you wanna know Chainz.2da is doing a mod that allows kriea to wear all the possible robes (the ones without alignment restriction).
 LORD SPARTAN
01-05-2006, 7:52 PM
Cool but it doesn't help me very much, because I pass many hours reskinning Kreia's heads and clothes, still I don't know why her green chlothe remains, even after I verified all the textures names.
 sepharih
01-05-2006, 9:48 PM
Hate to break it too you, but you must be doing something wrong. I just switched out Kreia's Black robe texture for P_KreiaA to check and it showed up in game without any difficiculties. That's not the problem I think.
 LORD SPARTAN
01-05-2006, 10:07 PM
I think it's because in the TXI file it says:

xbox_downsample 256

Normaly it's something like CM_Baremetal or anything like that.
 T7nowhere
01-05-2006, 10:56 PM
You don't need to worry the xbox_downsample 256 when modding the PC.

If your doing a straight override of Kreia's Neutral skin then it should work, however if you have subfloders within override its possible that you already have that skin in another folder and that its overriding your reskin.
 Lando Griffin
01-05-2006, 10:56 PM
I think it's because in the TXI file it says:

xbox_downsample 256

Normaly it's something like CM_Baremetal or anything like that.

it says CM_Baremetal for armor, and stuff, like the mandalorians, not for clothing and robes.
 LORD SPARTAN
01-06-2006, 1:20 AM
Well I am still trying to find out the "WHY!!!" it doen't work. Because I checked with the brown clothes and they look also like greeny even in hard light. Maybe it's in the lighting of the game.
 Jolly Boots
01-06-2006, 4:27 PM
I believe there are two Kreia textures/models (being that she is missing a hand)
 Lando Griffin
01-06-2006, 5:28 PM
I believe there are two Kreia textures/models (being that she is missing a hand)

i think theres 3 textures and 2 models. One is the regular greenish brown robe, two is the black robe, and the last one i guess is for the one with the hand.
 T7nowhere
01-06-2006, 6:15 PM
The one for the mesh with the missing hand is the same texture as used for the mesh with both hands. Kreia actualy has something like 5 models that are used through out the game, but only 2 skin variations, neutral and darkside.
 LORD SPARTAN
01-06-2006, 8:18 PM
So I though there was more skin but I guess I was all wrong. Finally I tempered with the contrast and now it looks more dark than green.

But if I want to use the dark side model (because the bel on the robe look more cool), witch one do I have to chose in the 2da file and do her hand be missing too.
 T7nowhere
01-06-2006, 9:15 PM
well your not completely wrong, there is not a third skin but the artist that made that model changed the diffuse color to more of a soupy yellow , which actually makes Kreia's skin look yellow which it shouldn't.

Svosh has messed around with this mesh perhaps he'll come in and shed some light on it. However I still don't know why your reskin wouldn't override the games texture(unless you changed the name). Perhaps you should try the skin in a clean override.
 LORD SPARTAN
01-06-2006, 9:34 PM
well your not completely wrong, there is not a third skin but the artist that made that model changed the diffuse color to more of a soupy yellow , which actually makes Kreia's skin look yellow which it shouldn't.

Svosh has messed around with this mesh perhaps he'll come in and shed some light on it. However I still don't know why your reskin wouldn't override the games texture(unless you changed the name). Perhaps you should try the skin in a clean override.

Well, you were right. It does override but the diffuse color make all my work look like ygreen-yellow cr@p. Now with more contrast, the clothes are less defined and there is only the hand that looks yellow. At least her face looks good, I pass a touch of good old glaussian blur. So now, she looks like a hundred year younger and less of an old senile hag :voodoo: lollll
 svцsh
01-06-2006, 9:43 PM
I noticed that the one handed model had an odd skin tone I loaded it up in Photoshop and it looked normal ? So I loaded up that model in max and .. for some weird reason the models diffusion is like an odd pea soup green tone no idea why a fully opaque skin with a solid white alpha would allow the diffusion tone through, but OE did screw around with the graphics engine, and when making custom models it’s not always best to use white as the diffusion tone in TSL. Anyways I set the diffusion of her model to almost white light grey compiled and in game it looks like the skin tone on the texture like in Photoshop. Or in the Kt viewer.

svцsh
 LORD SPARTAN
01-06-2006, 10:27 PM
I noticed that the one handed model had an odd skin tone I loaded it up in Photoshop and it looked normal ? So I loaded up that model in max and .. for some weird reason the models diffusion is like an odd pea soup green tone no idea why a fully opaque skin with a solid white alpha would allow the diffusion tone through, but OE did screw around with the graphics engine, and when making custom models it’s not always best to use white as the diffusion tone in TSL. Anyways I set the diffusion of her model to almost white light grey compiled and in game it looks like the skin tone on the texture like in Photoshop. Or in the Kt viewer.

svцsh

Cool! Do you think it will be possible to correct this weird problem?
 Achilles
01-07-2006, 1:22 AM
WOW! What a difference. Thanks for the tip svцsh :D

Screenie (http://img234.imageshack.us/my.php?image=kreia3bs.jpg)
 LORD SPARTAN
01-07-2006, 1:28 AM
WOW! What a difference. Thanks for the tip svцsh :D

Screenie (http://img234.imageshack.us/my.php?image=kreia3bs.jpg)

Is it hard to make, what did you do exactly?
 svцsh
01-07-2006, 2:28 AM
No problem Achilles :) I thought ok maybe they wanted to really drive home the fact she lost a hand and might be feeling a little green over it :p hell I know I would be … but it was making me a little green looking at her like that . so I investigated.

LORD SPARTAN just load up the one handed Kreia model in to max or gmax , I had to laugh at the skin pose they have her in :p

Anyways select her model and hit M to pull up the materials menu you will see a sphere with her texture on it below that are a few slots the pea soup green tone one is the one that says diffusion next to it , and double click it to get the colour picker and chose a light grey tone, click the aroura base the big box she is standing in fallow the instructions in this thread to export and compile http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=151385)

Basically it should take you a just a few min to do, then test your skin it should appear how you want :) good luck

svцsh
 Achilles
01-07-2006, 2:39 AM
If you get stuck (and if svцsh doesn't mind) I can post the model on PCGM's too.
 LORD SPARTAN
01-07-2006, 2:52 AM
I will try first and if I succeed it will be a premiere for me.
 Achilles
01-07-2006, 2:57 AM
It's not hard. Just make sure you extact the correct model (P_Kreia1hBB.mdl and P_Kreia1hBB.mdx). I heard a rumor that if you get the wrong one, you can edit and edit for the better part of an hour and not notice a change :wstupid:
 LORD SPARTAN
01-07-2006, 2:59 AM
Thanks for the model indication. (P_Kreia1hBB.mdl )
 Ghost Down
01-07-2006, 6:08 AM
Achilles, could u post the model??

- Dream Evil :vamp1:
 ChAiNz.2da
01-07-2006, 7:44 AM
I heard a rumor that if you get the wrong one, you can edit and edit for the better part of an hour and not notice a change :wstupid:
It's no rumor :headbump hehehe...

Came across this little tid-bit when first starting the Kreia Robes.. needless to say after several "creative" curse words and choosing a different model.. things went the way it should've :D
 Achilles
01-07-2006, 12:50 PM
You don't know how happy I am to hear that I'm not the only one :D

@Dream Evil: I'll try to post them today.
 LORD SPARTAN
01-07-2006, 4:51 PM
I downloaded GMAX 1.2 and I don't know if it will work with

Nwnmax :- http://nwmax.dladventures.com/)

For gmax:- http://nwmax.dladventures.com/downl...x-v0_7setup.exe)

If I must have GMAX 0.8 where can I find it? Because turbosquid had only the 1.2 version now.
 T7nowhere
01-07-2006, 5:48 PM
^ It should work just fine. (just remember to start gmax with the green NWmax icon)
 LORD SPARTAN
01-07-2006, 6:03 PM
Thanks, I sould retry right now.
 LORD SPARTAN
01-07-2006, 8:11 PM
Does she suppose to look grey and it seem the export tutorial is saying different of what I am seeing in the tools.
Page: 1 of 1