Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Gungans are off the hook

Page: 1 of 1
 Lord JayVizIon
08-02-2001, 4:08 PM
dang, i just found out that gungans can make houses underwater. better yet, their fishing boats build the houses:

Even better, their fishing ships can make the houses (hehe) -nt Mr.Fixit
#Posts: 14109 8/2 12:50pm
This is a reply to (darthfergie) Now WHY DIDN'T YOU SAY GUNGANS CAN MAKE HOUSES UNDER WATER !!!
Posting is empty (MT) and has No Text (NT)!
 Paragon_Leon
08-02-2001, 4:12 PM
makes sense. so you'd have to attack the Gungans with subs most of the time, unless you're playing on a non-water map.
wait, would it be possible that you can't play Gungans if there isn't water in the area ?!?!
 Lord JayVizIon
08-02-2001, 4:19 PM
i don't know, but in some screenshots they had gungans fighting the TF on land, so........
 Paragon_Leon
08-02-2001, 4:34 PM
i think Gungan houses can be build both above and under water then.. that makes them strategically more impressive !!
 Tie Guy
08-02-2001, 4:45 PM
Yes, but doesn't it make sense that they would be able to live underwater, they do in the movies. Heck, there are above ground building in the movies.

Anyways, they are in the screenshots if you look underwater, they look rather cool.
 Paragon_Leon
08-02-2001, 4:47 PM
in the movie, you see Gungans on the ground most of the time. and they live in bubbles shielding them from the water.

so that makes them easy to use on land.
come to think of it that way, i don't think Gungans in water/on ground is an issue anymore that way.
 Com Raven
08-02-2001, 5:37 PM
Well, I think they have to somehow have to "force" people to use Sea Units !!

Me, for example, didn't use sea units much in AoK, and with Air units, they might become even more unimportant ....
 Paragon_Leon
08-02-2001, 5:39 PM
..not against Gungans if those can build underwater.

yeah, sea battles weren't very widely used, but they did add to the diversity and were a refreshing change of pace.

and on Zone-battles, people would get random maps, so you could get sea-maps and would be forced to do sea-units..
 Tie Guy
08-02-2001, 7:43 PM
Hmm, i didn't really like the sea levels in RA2 either. The carriers were cool though.
 Compa_Mighty
08-02-2001, 8:15 PM
You will be able to play gungans although there isn't water. How will you be able to destroy underwater buildings if only gungans have subs?
 Superdog
08-02-2001, 8:36 PM
It would be cool if Gungans could build all their buildings under-water. A verifiable Underwater base.
 Lord JayVizIon
08-02-2001, 9:19 PM
yes, it would be. sea battles in star wars will probably won't be as big as the air ones, but they should add variety.........
 Tie Guy
08-02-2001, 9:55 PM
Originally posted by Compa_Mighty
How will you be able to destroy underwater buildings if only gungans have subs?

I don't think that the gungans are the only ones with subs.
 JediMasterEd
08-02-2001, 10:50 PM
what about the jedi? in TPM, Qui-gon and Obi-wan used an istrument(misspelled) to breath underwater. this can spell doom to underwater villages with the jedi and the force with the lightsabers, lets just say it'd be a real mess:D :D :D
 Paragon_Leon
08-03-2001, 6:37 AM
i don't think unit will be able to go underwater. you can't see that instrument with such small units, so it would just seem like they walked in and stayed under. not really convincing..
 Tie Guy
08-03-2001, 12:50 PM
Hmm, it would be cool if the jedi could cross the oceans in the game, and blow up ships. All-Terrain Jedi!!! That would be awesome.
Page: 1 of 1