Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Wishful Thinking Concerning KOTOR 3?

Page: 1 of 1
 Hann_Starr
01-05-2006, 7:58 AM
I've read many posts in this forum as well as others concerning KOTOR 3. Should Revan and /or the Exile be playable characters, which characters from the previous games should make cameos, what new planets should be included, not to mentiion countless story ideas. I can't say I don't enjoy reading about all of these subjects, but the question remains: will there even be a KOTOR 3?

Of course there have been many rationalizations for and rumors suggesting a new game is in the works, but nothing concrete thats been substantiated. I am a fan of both games and am hoping for a third installment, but am very pessimistic as to whether it will happen. I know Bioware is out of the mix, and Lucas Artswill most likely be focused on its other games for the time being (such as battlefront and the soon to be released empire at war)

Now maybe i'm just impatient and am hoping LA and OE would just make the announcement already, but the lack of any tangible info on KOTOR' 3 has made me doubtful about there being another one. Your Thoughts?
 Prime
01-05-2006, 8:59 AM
Taking a wait and see approach is all we can do. ;)
 RobQel-Droma
01-05-2006, 4:34 PM
^What Prime said.
 Achilles
01-05-2006, 4:46 PM
Game producers are just like movie producers: They don't limit their focus to a single genre and focus strictly on that. They diversify their investments and will run a franchise into the ground as long as it remains profitable. BF and EAW are Star Wars games, but they are multiplayer RPGs. Customers (and investors) expect LA to remain competitive in the single player RPG market as well. Right now LA's "heavy hitter" in the single player RPG genre is the KotOR franchise. Yes, there's a possiblity that they aren't persuing that, but I don't think it's a probability...not by a long shot.

In the mean time, I'll just do what Prime says :D
 Jae Onasi
01-05-2006, 8:43 PM
Hey, we can at least dream this way. ;)

From a purely business point of view, if a product makes a lot of money for your company, you're going to continue making it as long as it continues to be profitable. While there's never any guarantee, I'd say there's a good chance the series will continue because it creates profit.
 Olympus
01-05-2006, 8:58 PM
I hope it comes. I hope it's FINISHED this time too. Though, that endgame mod is getting closer and closer to being finished...

For now, wait and see is the best we can do.
 RedHawke
01-06-2006, 1:50 AM
In the mean time, I'll just do what Prime says :D
Quoted for emphasis! ;)
 Prime
01-06-2006, 8:35 AM
In the mean time, I'll just do what Prime says :DI think that is the first time. :D
 Darth Windu
01-06-2006, 8:38 AM
Personally I can't see it not being made. After all, LA were already working on when the team was fired. Sure, not a good sign that they fired the team working on it, but it's great that they were already in the early stages of production.

Besides, the KotOR series is a cash cow for LA. It's like saying 'Do you want money?'. It will be made, it's just a matter of when.
 Cygnus Q'ol
01-06-2006, 11:17 AM
Taking a wait and see approach is all we can do. ;)

...because there really is nothing else you can do.
 Darth InSidious
01-06-2006, 3:07 PM
It will be made, it's just a matter of when.

Windu, have you ever heard the phrase "don't speak too soon"? :p
 spawn666999
01-06-2006, 7:01 PM
but the game dousn't have to be from bioware kotor 2 wasn't from bioware but kotor 1 was better then 2 in my opinion

but i think they should let you choost where to go after the intro the jedi academy or the sith academy i always end up evil anyway

gr spawn
 Darth Windu
01-07-2006, 2:00 AM
InSidious - sure, but I'm still 99% sure that LA will make KotOR3. Economically, it simply doesn't make sense for them not to.
 Sith_Reven
01-07-2006, 12:04 PM
I wish they would just come out and tell that they are at least going to make it and give us a approximate year like late 2006 or 2007, heck even 2008 if they do a damn good job. This pushing around in the dark in the meantime is very stressful.
 JediMaster12
01-09-2006, 4:36 PM
Don't stress so. I'm doing what everyone else is doing, adopting a wait and see approach.
Page: 1 of 1