Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

[TSL] Revan's Kids Mod (In Progress)

Page: 1 of 1
 homebrewpc
01-04-2006, 9:45 AM
^^ MAKE NOTE OF NEW NAME ^^

Ok,

Here is my idea:

At the end of the Shyrack Cave on Korriban you walk out and someone walks up to you. It is a woman dressed in dark robes, and an evil mask, she is of the dark side. Turns out she is your sister and she will join your party. Now here is what I need from you:

-Quest/s for getting her to join your party if any.
-Quests for or having to do with your sister
-I am setting up a mod request thread for the items/tex I need, check there if you can help
-Any other ideas for the mod would be welcome

I was thinking that when your sister joins you, she would replace someone that you choose, if someone has done this I would like to know their method. Also, gaining influence with her? How would this work if she is a "new" character?

Thanks,
homebrewpc
 Jolly Boots
01-04-2006, 3:49 PM
I really don't mean to rain on your parade but...Revan would have been like ten years old if he had kids who is now (in KOTOR 2 at least) in their late/early twenties/thirties...
 90SK
01-04-2006, 3:58 PM
I'm fairly certain that Revan and the Exile are roughly the same age. Besides, whom would he have them with? He was training to be a jedi. Somehow I don't see a ten year old jedi padawan having sex.
 Darth InSidious
01-04-2006, 4:05 PM
Hmm...I got the feeling the Exile was a bit older than Revan....Particularly judging from the faces, he looks anywhere from 30+ to about 40 max, IMO...Revan I think would be more about 20-ish in KotOR, which would make him 25ish in TSL...just IMO, though ;)
 The Source
01-04-2006, 4:07 PM
It is called, "Rocking the Craddle"... Oh man! This mod will be one to remember... :)

Add:: Edit::
I thought cannon was Lightside Male Revan, and Lightside Male Exile!?!?! That brings up so many questions....
 90SK
01-04-2006, 4:09 PM
Hmm...I got the feeling the Exile was a bit older than Revan....Particularly judging from the faces, he looks anywhere from 30+ to about 40 max, IMO...Revan I think would be more about 20-ish in KotOR, which would make him 25ish in TSL...just IMO, though ;)

I'd project that Revan is more in his early thirties (29-31) in K2. Only because he was probably in his early twenties during the Mandalorian wars.

For the Exile, yeah, probably 30-40 range like you said.
 Darth InSidious
01-04-2006, 4:14 PM
Hmm...yeah that makes more sense, thinking about it :)
 bolsen
01-04-2006, 7:21 PM
id say they are both about 30-35. based solely on the fact that first revan would be way too young to be LEADING an army if he was only 25 in TSL or KOTOR. and the exile would have to be pretty damn "mediocre" in the force ,as vrook calls him, to be like a 30 year old and still be a padawan (if he is supposedly 40 in TSL). thats just my two cents.
 Darth InSidious
01-04-2006, 7:53 PM
Then why does he look so young in KotOR? We already know he had huge charisma.

The date of the recording on Dantooine is not given.
 rgdelta
01-04-2006, 8:08 PM
I disagree I say revan was younger then exile remember what atris said about exile being a hero of hers which makes me think exile was older then atris and I would say revan was as old as atris.
 90SK
01-04-2006, 8:11 PM
Goodness, no. The Exile was certainly younger than Atris. Remember, the exile was Atris' apprentice. I'm pretty sure it's impossible for a human jedi to be instructed by a master younger than him/herself, in old republic standard circumstances.
 rgdelta
01-04-2006, 8:13 PM
No Exile was apprentice to the master on Nar Shaddar. She said to Handmaiden about when your heros fall (talking about the exile and the mandalorian wars) which I would say that Atris was younger and probebly was a padawan when exile was a knight.
 90SK
01-04-2006, 8:19 PM
No, the Exile was most definitely Atris' padawan. She was a master when he was a knight, and was on the Jedi council when he was exiled. This is made clear in the game.

Where did you get the idea that Zez is the Exile’s master? Sure, he knew him, just like all the masters, and he was no closer to you than Kavar. I mean, come on: look at Atris. Does she look like she’s in her twenties? :rolleyes:
 Clone L68362
01-04-2006, 8:39 PM
Umm...we have no idea who the Exile's master is Skye...Atris never said anything that could be considered proof enough to determine that. As for the mod, do it if you want, it doesn't make much sense though.
 rgdelta
01-04-2006, 8:41 PM
Where does it make it clear that Atris was the exiles teacher I relooked through all of atris's dialog again and nothing says that and sorry I was thinking of Kavar was the exiles teacher not Zez I am 1/2 asleep. I quote from Atris and handmaiden discussion.

Handmaiden : "Forgive me, mistress... but I must ask. The exile... I have never seen another effect you so strongly. "
Handmaiden : "Was he/she important to you, once?"
Atris : "We all have our heroes. And when we watch them fall, we die inside. She made a choice once... and I did not."

Also Kavar has many times he said When I taught you. But there was no true teacher revealed in Kotor 2.

But back on topic this mod sounds intresting I would still like to see it :-)
 90SK
01-04-2006, 9:01 PM
Umm...we have no idea who the Exile's master is Skye...Atris never said anything that could be considered proof enough to determine that.

Eh? Oh, I see. Well, we do know that she had a close relationship with the Exile, and I can only assume that she was at least an instructor for him at one time or another.
 bolsen
01-04-2006, 9:15 PM
I'd like to see this mod done as the Exile's sister meeting you but not being Revan's children. This is a very interesting idea with the whole fallen sister thing.
 Det. Bart Lasiter
01-04-2006, 11:11 PM
The Exile probably had more than one master. Probably a minimum of 3, Kavar, Kreia, and someone else. Most of the masters on the Council seem like they could have taught the Exile at one point.
 Master Kavar
01-04-2006, 11:51 PM
Just to clarify, Master Kavar is potentially the Exile's former Master, if you chose Jedi Guardian as your starting class. He reveals that if you take the Dark Side and battle him on Onderon. If you didn't choose Guardian, he says he was very close to taking the Exile on as his padawan.
 Emperor Devon
01-05-2006, 12:42 AM
I'm not sure that this mod would fit in with the plot. As Skye said earlier, Revan and the Exile are about the same age. I always pictured Revan to be a bit older, but he couldn't have been old enough to have the Exile as one of his kids. And since most people play as a Light Side male Exile, wouldn't that seem kind of like a takeoff of Luke and Leia?
 homebrewpc
01-05-2006, 12:56 PM
So now we have 2 options:

1. She's is just your sister, but she has fallen.

2. Both of you are Revan's siblings?

Vote,
homebrewpc
 Pavlos
01-05-2006, 1:01 PM
Do whatever you wish, modding is for fun! However, if you wanted it to fit in more you could have it so you find the datapad and it is about Revan's two children and you could have quests centred around finding them and then educating them in the way of the Jedi - just an idea.
 homebrewpc
01-05-2006, 1:02 PM
That's an idea, but again the kids don't have fighting animations.

hbpc
 90SK
01-05-2006, 3:40 PM
I'd go with the Sister option, since it's more plausible and (IMO) more interesting. It could prove to be very deep indeed. Remember, Jedi are separated from their families at birth, so it would be very emotional for the exile to find his sister - and she has fallen to the dark side. Unless, or course, you're playing DS yourself...
 rgdelta
01-05-2006, 4:47 PM
I would say sister myself. I think it would be fun if you are playing DS to find your sister and she is on the DS then she could become your apprentice :-)

Btw some of the concepts in this thread and ideas are good I hope you don't mind if I borrow some of the concepts (not the exact idea you are working on) for my TSL enhanced I think a sibling or childern idea might work for some stuff I am considering adding to my project :-)
 homebrewpc
01-05-2006, 6:33 PM
Good, good. That is what I was thinking. I take it there will not be a datapad? But I am still planning on having her come after that cave, it is a critical point considering you have to be heavy one way or the other in the force.

And also, the sister could have been training under someone for longer than you seeing that you were exiled. So either you try to teach her light ways, or she would teach you dark.

As for rgdelta, ok it with me please ;) But if you would rather, I could complete it and you could put me in the credits and use it in your mod.

Thanks for the oppinions,
homebrewpc
Page: 1 of 1