Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Worst Ground Map

Page: 1 of 2
 Darth Andrew
01-02-2006, 6:15 PM
Well, what's the worst map in Battlefront II? I didn't include any space maps becasue they're all the same, unfortunately. :rolleyes: I would have included more maps in the poll, but the guidelines only allow 10 options.

For me, the worst map is Utapau. All it is is a map that you have to trudge through, and then you're done. Nothing stands out, nothing special about it. Where's the awesome vertical-ness seen in the movies? Where's the gunships? Lackluster level design makes Utapau a boring and forgettable map, which is a shame, as it was one of the more interesting battles in the movies. :(
 ParanoidAndroid
01-02-2006, 6:28 PM
I would have to say Felucia, sure it looks kind of cool and unique with all those weird plants and stuff but when you get down to it, it's a pretty boring level, nothing really stands out exept for the CP on that small mountain thing.

I think it would have been cooler if the Rebublic had an AT-TE, like in the campaign, and had to assault the completely CIS controlled jungle with only their command walker and some vehicles, not just a random pointless blast fest through an area that's hard on the eyes.

I would have said polis massa, but that level can actually be kind of fun, if you have a lower amount of units.
 zerted
01-02-2006, 6:46 PM
I don't like the misty maps. They are too misty.
 The Eyes
01-02-2006, 7:22 PM
Geonosis, Its too open, there was at least some cover in the spire in SWBF.And no gunships? D: The only coollthing about it is the big hill to snipe on.
 KenobiChronicle
01-02-2006, 7:56 PM
I Chose Other:

Mygeeto. It sucks. The AI almost always wins if you're the good guys.
 jawathehutt
01-02-2006, 8:54 PM
yavin 4
it lags so badly still
 pcd927
01-02-2006, 9:09 PM
I say other: Jabba's Palace.
There's nothing to do in it! It's so small and not open at all. I like the open maps much better.
 ImperatorCaesar
01-02-2006, 10:13 PM
Easily - Dagobah,
The dense swampy area with all of its mist and underground passages just kill me. Litterally, I always get shot out of no where from behind a tree or from in the water.
 grunty
01-02-2006, 11:42 PM
Kashyyyk, easy

It never plays like it should. Everyone on the assaulting team always takes a tank and just starts blowing stuff up while the defenders on the ground don't attempt to take a CP.

Not to mention everything beyond the defending team's treehouse looks barren and boring. It's just BF1's Naboo in a different package.
 MachineCult
01-03-2006, 6:36 AM
Felucia, theres no way to hold any command post without staying there yourself. You can make a B line to any CP from any other CP, it's ridiculous.

Also, Kashyyyk when the CIS tanks come across the water they just sit there in the Clone CP and don't go anywhere it's really weird, the Droidekas do the same thing.
And Droid snipers stand on the center platforms and they don't shoot anything, it's just not very well set out.
 SirLancelot
01-03-2006, 7:48 AM
Polis Massa. The close quarters combat just seems out of place given the thematic of the game.
 pcd927
01-03-2006, 6:58 PM
I agree, but i do like going outside in a tank and shooting the enemy tanks. Other than that, yeah, the level is crappy.
 FCMan
01-03-2006, 8:51 PM
I gotta say Polis Massa, but for different reasons. I can have fun with it when I play it, but frankly everytime I play it online, it's just too damn laggy to be any fun.
 jawathehutt
01-03-2006, 10:32 PM
also in tantive 4, there are always like 10 people who just crouch and face the wall
its so anoying
 toue
01-03-2006, 11:47 PM
i'm gonna vote utapau but geonosis is so bad now the bf one was one of my favorite maps but now i've only played it twice once for training and second to see which jedi were there
 master_skywalke
01-04-2006, 7:52 AM
I have to go with Dagobah, its to misty and it just sucks, the only thing there is to do on this map is capture CP's. You can always try to snipe there but since you can't crouch anymore I always get shot from behind a tree.
 Neon
01-04-2006, 12:03 PM
Geonosis, DUH
 PoiuyWired
01-04-2006, 2:49 PM
Felucia... its lag haven. And there are many glitch spots where your guy would get stuck, and can't get out.
 Darth Alec
01-06-2006, 4:27 PM
It's kashyyk, nothing special, not difficult to win, to open and n00b friendly. (btw, misty maps are my favorite online, as my pc is to crap to show mists)
 MachineCult
01-06-2006, 4:39 PM
Felucia... its lag haven. And there are many glitch spots where your guy would get stuck, and can't get out.

Yeah, you think you can get through those big flowers and then you get stuck.
 REDJOHNNYMIKE
01-07-2006, 2:23 AM
I like most of the maps except felucia and dagobah.

Felucia is just annoying on the eyes, it looks like it should be in some kind of kids game, and it doesn't have the native critters from the campaign (that would've been interesting)

Dagobah, mist/darkness/tunnels isn't so bad once you get used to it, but it's to easy to swarm CPs I always end up one of the middle CPS while my entire force shows up just after I get it, instead of actually sending someone to the other side, in an effort to get the other CP both armies just trade sides while a couple soldiers shoot at each other. Friendly AI is way dumber at CP guarding too.
 Redtech
01-08-2006, 9:15 AM
Polis Massa, as the Empire, or Republic, it is so difficult to gain any posts. It's a shotgun frenzy level, and doors open too close to you so you open a door with a BLAM infront of your face.
 JetTrooper13
01-08-2006, 7:36 PM
Felucia by far. Gafer planet.
 Commander Obi-Wan
02-02-2006, 8:43 PM
I totally missed this thread. Meh. I voted Dagobah. Most boring map ever. Though, I have never lost playing it. Plus I play it too much. Since the enemy always attacks it.
 TSR
02-03-2006, 4:42 AM
Polis massa- i f****ng hate that b***dy s***y map. grrr. its so enclosed, and it just sucksc**k. aarrrggghhhh. im so damm annoyed.
 DoneBreal
02-03-2006, 4:53 AM
I think Geonosis. Where are all the ships and where's the spire? Too boring for me.
 Coraan Talme
02-03-2006, 12:51 PM
I do agree with Geonosis - because of its surpreme ugliness. I liked the original a thousand times more. Although there are several special locations in there, such as the small spire, the little tunnel or the hangar-like thing, I do not have the impression that they actually fit in ... I always get the impression that they were just pasted onto a flat surface and left there- and the main battlefield seems to be a wide flat plain without any cover. Sure, you can fight at the special locations ... but somehow I don't think its all that exciting. The choice and placing of vehicles might have something to do with that. Haven't played it all that much, though ....
 Bane706
02-03-2006, 2:10 PM
Definite worst map is Dagobah, with the swamp water up to your waist or neck and secret underground CPs just make it no fun.
 Nanda Keon
02-03-2006, 4:55 PM
I hate dagobah and also the new naboo, I preferred it daytime, meh it's been done
I like the new geonosis but it sucks that you can only get ships in space battles and hoth, does anyone else agree?
 MachineCult
02-03-2006, 6:45 PM
I agree, I enjoyed using the Starfighters on ground maps.
 Naso
02-03-2006, 7:25 PM
Felucia for sure. That mist effect that makes everything look like a photo-negative at distance is really really really annoying.
 Commander Obi-Wan
02-03-2006, 8:09 PM
Yes, I certainly miss the Starfighters. Though, I'll be a one-in-a-million person to say, Geonosis was better than the one in Battlefront. Yes, this is crazy.....but, Meh. I also liked the level of Felucia. I found Felucia to be one of my favourite maps.
 Darth Andrew
02-03-2006, 11:34 PM
I hate dagobah and also the new naboo, I preferred it daytimeAgreed. The nighttime makes it look unfamiliar, what with it always appearing in daytime in the movies. I also wish Theed's level design wasn't a simple copy and paste of the orignal. :rolleyes:
 Nanda Keon
02-04-2006, 4:53 AM
and also they should have made a dogfight map of coruscant
 Commander Obi-Wan
02-04-2006, 12:57 PM
Agreed. The nighttime makes it look unfamiliar, what with it always appearing in daytime in the movies. I also wish Theed's level design wasn't a simple copy and paste of the orignal. :rolleyes:

I preferred the nighttime. I guess it was "funner"....lol. Not even a word.

and also they should have made a dogfight map of coruscant

I can certainly agree with you there. That was my favourite space map in the game. I loved playing it in the demo or on historical campaign. In fact, that probably was my favourite map.
 Nanda Keon
02-04-2006, 4:04 PM
I actually meant on the planet, dodging huge skyscrapers as you shoot down a droid tri-fighter
Also I really liked the mustafar space map on the campaign
 Commander Obi-Wan
02-04-2006, 5:47 PM
I actually meant on the planet, dodging huge skyscrapers as you shoot down a droid tri-fighter
Also I really liked the mustafar space map on the campaign

Meh. I still prefer my idea. Though, yeah, havinf starfighters on land maps would be fun.
 Redtech
02-05-2006, 8:01 AM
Problem is, you'd need bigger maps to accomodate the faster starships..since "everyone" wants Rainbow 6-sized tiny levels I can't see this working unless you like leaving the battlefield and exploding a lot.
 Commander Obi-Wan
02-05-2006, 12:54 PM
Yes.....bigger maps would be necessary. Just increase the size of each levels to at least the size of Geonosis in Battlefront. :xp:
 Nanda Keon
02-05-2006, 2:48 PM
I would also love to drive the imperial lander on kamino like the one on the campain, I agree about the area size aswell.
 Darth Andrew
02-05-2006, 8:16 PM
The Imperial Lander would (to me) be much better for the Empire's space transport than the current one.
 Nanda Keon
02-06-2006, 1:36 PM
that is a good point but I think it's too big to land in the rebel ship though, I would have preferred the lambda (sp?) for the imp shuttle
 Redtech
02-06-2006, 6:09 PM
Yeah, the shuttles are a bit weird, not that it makes more than a cosmetic difference. Personally, I would have liked to see both shuttle types in space.

As for ground maps being the size of old Geonosis, the problem with that map is that IT'S BORING! Seriously, if no one attacks your gunship, you might as well sit the battle out and watch the ants below. Needs more width as well, the height only emphasises the fact that you're pretty limited in space.

I reckon Hoth should be "average" for levels with aircraft.
 Lord XZantor
05-27-2007, 9:14 AM
You got to be kidin' me. Polis Masa is the best. Its Felucia, Geonosis, and Dagobah the most, that i hate. :devburn: Dagobah's way to open.
:bluflag1: Geonosis is to big and open. And Felucia is just stupid. It's mission is the worst of them all. And the Mantis things, you just have to walk away under a fallen down tree and your away.
Then you just stand and fire at them. :fire3:
 deathclone
05-30-2007, 6:38 AM
I say other: Jabba's Palace.
There's nothing to do in it! It's so small and not open at all. I like the open maps much better.
i SO agree like i do like shooting that dam fat slug thing( i like the games my friends are REAL SW fans but i do like it :) ) but the rest is BORing and hav u ever fallen down that DAM whole like u cant even KILL that big monster it would be alot more fare if it died.BACK TO THE POINT. i KIND of like it but its not like that clone falicity map like at least THERE you get outside and it REALLY makes alot of sence when clons actullay SPAWN there cuz like its a CLONE falicity?. well i typed alot time to stop :twogun: :sithk: :blast5:
 TKT101
05-31-2007, 11:10 AM
There is no worse than Felucia. It has so many trees(or wierd things) that you can't navigate the field very well. And plus ther is the mist that makes all snipers useless and on wide outdoors you need snipers. The whole battlefield looks like things were throw in. Like the gunship where the heck that come from. They should never make another Felucia map ever.
 tyrone333
05-31-2007, 4:11 PM
Felucia is hard you can't snipe because of fog you have to be clone or a or imperil to win you need log never make felucia a battlefield.
 CLONECOMMANDER501
06-01-2007, 5:36 PM
I don't want small levels :D.
 RC-1207
07-22-2007, 9:32 PM
Polis Massa, too much off a pain in the a$$ for the good guys. I mean, you gotta take a tank from point 1 to point 6, capture it, and then hold it until your buddies arrive. I don't like playing airborne all by myself.

EDIT: I like Felucia, although it seems not to be too popular here. You have to start at point 2/6 (for the clones/stormies), and capture both 3+4 from there. Then the rebels/CIS is trapped on the hill with one way down, and you can just blast them. If that gets tedious, just lay off the path coming down from there and let them go around and try to catch a few CPs to have a little more fun. For CIS/rebels, you have to get point 1 away from the other side, and then simply hold it. It'll be easy since they'll have to do it without tank support.
 arthurcourt
07-23-2007, 8:53 AM
i don't know i'm pretty good on most and even though i'm best as a sniper my favourite map is tantive 4, prob felucia, really annoying, hard to see, acklay get me all the time, CIS get all the tanks and good positions and i keep bumping into those spores and glitch keeps me stuck there

for most of u who don't like close in games i guess you don't like engineers, i do, 1 hit kills close in
Page: 1 of 2