Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Using Mods

Page: 1 of 1
 pokobo
01-02-2006, 12:13 AM
I am completely new to this and have downloaded some mods. They say store in an over ride folder, but i dont have one
where do i make one?
help would be greatly appreciated
thanks
 The Doctor
01-02-2006, 12:14 AM
Firstly, welcome to LucasForums!

You create the Override folder in the SWKotOR II Directory.
 rgdelta
01-02-2006, 12:15 AM
if you don't have a override folder in your directory (if it is kotor 1 it will be program files\lucasarts\swkotor if TSL it will be swkotor2) just make a dir in the program directory
 pokobo
01-02-2006, 12:18 AM
its kotor 1. So i just unzip the files into the swkotor folder?
 Soltaris
01-02-2006, 12:38 AM
No, browse to your KotOR folder where you have the game installed, find the folder in there named Override, and extract the files into there.

Fixed! :D As KotOR I has an Override folder already. -RH
 REDJOHNNYMIKE
01-02-2006, 12:38 AM
*snip* Removed this part of your post RJM because this would confuse the person. We are talking KotOR I here, it has an override folder already, TSL is the one that you have to make one for. -RH

A useful mod/utility you can use is the "Kotor Mod Manager", it will put the files where they are supposed to go and even let you "toggle" the mods on and off by adding or removing files for you.
 Det. Bart Lasiter
01-02-2006, 12:39 AM
No, you must open your KotOR I program directory (it defaults to: C:\Program Files\LucasArts\swkotor\), then right-click anywhere not on an icon, then select New->Folder, and name it 'Override'. Then just follow the instructions that should have come with the mod. It's usually as follows:

*.mod files go in your 'Modules' folder.
*.wav files go in your streamsounds, streammusic, or streamwaves folder, depending on what the mod's instructions say
all other files go into your 'Override' folder
 The Doctor
01-02-2006, 12:44 AM
Uhm... if it's for KotOR, then he shouldn't need to make an Override folder. It should be in the directory already. If it isn't then by all means create it, though it should be there already. If it isn't.... how very disturbing....
 Darth333
01-02-2006, 11:36 AM
Since we already have a sticky thread on how to install mods, I am cloding this thread. Feel free to continue the discussion over there: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=143422)

The first post explains pretty much everything about mod installation too.
Page: 1 of 1