Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The End

Page: 1 of 1
 rhinomatt
01-01-2006, 8:45 PM
I know that KOTOR3 seems likely but how would you like to see the saga end?
what would be your dream ending?

mine would be the return of reven and comes back kills the Exile as the Exile had turned evil and was starting to wipe out the jedi.
then revan takes back the ebon hawk goes to pick up evryone from K1 and the rest of the jedi that still exists and then moves back to Dantooine were he remakes the jedi and then goes away with bastata and carth and the robots. in the hawk to a larger ship where he has a child.

the only reason why dantooine is because i remember the first time playing the game and i was in a wow factor about it. I wish it was reel!

anyway back to the ending.

with bastata and carth and the robots. in the hawk to a larger ship where he has a child.
 Darth Windu
01-01-2006, 10:32 PM
Um...alright then, not what I would have chosen.

Personally, I don't care how it ends as long as it is done well.
 VincentFreeman
01-01-2006, 11:10 PM
Yeah man, that sounds like a kinda lame ending.

Personally I just hope you are a new character because I don't see how they could make you Revan or the Exile again with the type of story and gameplay in the KoTOR series. Maybe a new jedi that is trained by the exiles friends (handmaiden, Atton etc.) since they are supposed to be the ones to start the jedi order again, after the exile is gone. That would fit in with the 14 year thing and the whole gameplay mechanic of KoTOR. I would also like that because it would be cool to start with a character with no backround and make him famous. You know, extra emmersion.

However, I do hope the Exile and Revan are in KoTOR 3 and it would be interesting if you got to go join the fight against the "true" sith finally.

Edit: O ye, I want another good romance like the Bastila one, though babies is going to far.
 RobQel-Droma
01-02-2006, 12:27 AM
Umm... Bastata?! :xp: Her name is "Bastila Shan."

For one- the Exile is not going to turn DS unless that was the way he was in TSL. Secondly, Revan is not necessarily male.
 The Doctor
01-02-2006, 12:32 AM
^ Canonically, Revan is male, but you're right: I'm just trying to be a pain in your backside:xp:

I would like it if the main player - who is neither Revan, the Exile, or any descendents of wither one of them or any other character we have met - finds Revan dead. That way, the people who want Revan to come back will stop whining, and the devs won't have to create an apperance system for him.
 Emperor Devon
01-02-2006, 12:45 AM
You left out the possibility of a Dark Side ending. I myself am not that concerned about the ending at the moment, since we don't know much about the game. I imagine, though, that it'll be similar to the endings in KotOR I, but on a greater scale.
 RedHawke
01-02-2006, 1:28 AM
I imagine, though, that it'll be similar to the endings in KotOR I, but on a greater scale.
Quoted for emphasis! :D
 JediMaster12
01-02-2006, 1:16 PM
The ending I think should be a huge battle against the true Sith. The end result depends whether or not you are tempted to join them. The bad news is that you won't hear of the Sith again until The Phantom Menace
 Cygnus Q'ol
01-02-2006, 2:12 PM
My idea for the ending of #3 resides in the hope that they'll have two separate endings.

One for LS and a totally separate outcome for DS. (Reality factor)

Both would lead us to where we would finally have closure with Revan but, without him being a character in the game. Perhaps the path the MC takes intersects a path that Revan took and this is how we find out. Something along those lines.

But, If I'm a Jedi, then I want to take the Jedi path.
If I'm a sith, I want to take that path. They shouldn't have the same goals. That's just ridiculous.

...and if I become a hunter, then my prey beware.
 Emperor Devon
01-02-2006, 4:49 PM
The bad news is that you won't hear of the Sith again until The Phantom Menace

You mean until 3,000 years after the events of KotOR. Don't forget Lord Kaan and Darth Bane.
 Nedak
01-02-2006, 5:04 PM
Is Reven supose to turn good and the Exile turn evil? What is the true story about the Exile and Reven?
 Clone L68362
01-02-2006, 5:35 PM
There is no "true" story, but many people agree that Revan was a light side male character, and I think the Exile was considered female but there is no assumed alighnment for her.

I hope the series ends on a happy note, Revan and Bastila happy together, Telos is what it once was, the Sith are gone, the Jedi are rebuilt, something like that.
 The Doctor
01-02-2006, 5:56 PM
No, there is a "true" story, at least about Revan. The Star Wars continuity line states that Revan was a Sith Lord who was redeemed and destroyed his former apprentice to save the Republic. That is the "true" story.

There is, however, no "true" story about the Exile, yet. It is commonly believed, however, that the Exile is going to be canonized as a Light Side Female.
 Clone L68362
01-02-2006, 7:08 PM
What I mean is, no matter what LucasArts says is canon, it should be up to the player what happened to the Exile and Revan, like many people have said in the topic "Devs should go with canon ending's" or something like that.
 marvidchano
01-03-2006, 7:57 AM

mine would be the return of reven and comes back kills the Exile as the Exile had turned evil and was starting to wipe out the jedi.
then revan takes back the ebon hawk goes to pick up evryone from K1 and the rest of the jedi that still exists and then moves back to Dantooine were he remakes the jedi and then goes away with bastata and carth and the robots. in the hawk to a larger ship where he has a child.

the only reason why dantooine is because i remember the first time playing the game and i was in a wow factor about it. I wish it was reel!

anyway back to the ending.

with bastata and carth and the robots. in the hawk to a larger ship where he has a child.
nah i want an ending where its a surprise! u dont know whats gonna happen! thats just like any baaaaad game
 Ransom
01-04-2006, 8:03 PM
all i hope is i get to choose the ending like if you where in dark or light side theres 1 thing that i hate and thats fixed endings
 IndianaSolo
01-04-2006, 9:25 PM
I'd love an ending with Bastata in it. I'm curious what this Bastata character is like.
 Nedak
01-04-2006, 9:49 PM
I think Reven died
 AnakinSolaris
01-05-2006, 8:47 AM

Bastila and Carth can't necessarily be in the game because there is the possibility that one or both of them died, depending on your choices in KOTOR I.

Also, why would the exile turn evil? Surely Revan would be the more likely of the two as the exile kind of realised his/her mistake in following Revan to war and returned to the jedi to face judgement instead of joining in the Jedi Civil War. Revan on the other hand wanted to harness the power of the star forge, turned to the dark side and created assassins to hunt and kill any jedi that he couldn't get to join him/her.

Personally, I would prefer a completely new character to playing as either Revan or the Exile again, but a better love interest/story is needed. In KOTOR II, Handmaiden was infatuated by you and Visas basically just worshipped you as a god, neither of which is love IMO. The love story in KOTOR I with Bastila was much better IMO, because you could tease her which wound her up and was amusing, although again I think that she was more in love with the idea of who Revan was and the idea of his greatness rather than who he actually was.
 JediMaster12
01-18-2006, 6:52 PM
You mean until 3,000 years after the events of KotOR. Don't forget Lord Kaan and Darth Bane.

Yes thank you for that insight and for disturbing my coffee break

breaks out a lightsaber but quickly shuts it off

I'm not mad but thanks for the info I was curious if there were other Sith like people
 arkodeon
02-02-2006, 10:20 AM
If anything, I believe the Knights of the Old Republic should end when the New Sith Wars end:

The Battle of Ruusan. If you end it anytime before that, then you are left with asking...

"What if?"

I don't like that. XD
 JediMaster12
02-02-2006, 12:14 PM
I think that KOTOR should continue but K3 would wrap up the Revan story. Anything else after that could be a new story til we get to Ep 1-3
 The Source
02-02-2006, 1:19 PM
I know that KOTOR3 seems likely but how would you like to see the saga end? what would be your dream ending?
I would like to see a cinematic ending, which brings some long awaited closure to Revan. The Exile is not important to the story, so I wouldn't want to hear too much of that character. Reven has been made the focus for this chapter of the KotOR series. I don't want to find out the ending though meaningless dialogue. I felt KotOR 2's major flaw was a dialogued ending.

I want to fight Revan, or I want to save Revan. Revan's gender should be chosen at the begining of the game. KotOR II used Atton to find out what type of character you played in KotOR I, and that was a pretty good feature. I think that Revan's past should still be reflected by your responses to questions. However, the ending should be totally cinematic.

I want another epic war, which screams Star Wars. At the end, my entire screen should be filled with a chaotic ending, or a resolved revelation.

Hehehe... :)
Page: 1 of 1