Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Font changes to gibberish.....

Page: 1 of 1
 Naso
01-01-2006, 4:01 PM
It keeps happening to me that text I type to say in games comes out as gibberish symbols sometimes after I've been playing for a bit, but everything read on the hud and from other players is fine. It sort of looks like symbols with diacritics and odd stuff. I've checked and the language bar isn't set to anything strange. I have some odd fonts installed, but nothing that should be in any way interfering, and it doesn't seem to be anything outside of the normal symbol input in word or something. Is this happening to anyone else?
 jetero
01-02-2006, 11:49 AM
No it doesn't happen to me, maybe this is caused by those "odd fonts installed"?, maybe 2 fonts have the same name i don't know ...
 KenobiChronicle
01-02-2006, 3:41 PM
Oh Yeah those Odd Fonts Do Something to text.
 zerted
01-02-2006, 6:54 PM
Do you think you could post a screen shot? Sometimes the chat goes on top of another line of text. That could be happening. What language of the game do you have?
 biny
01-16-2006, 3:39 PM
No offense to you but people seeing you speak in gibberish must think you're off your rocker! :)

I can't help you but I find gibberish funny!

Sorry if I made you feel bad, it was not my intent.
 zerted
01-16-2006, 9:12 PM
You still around? If you don't know how to post a screenshot, just say so. Did you get it fixed?
 Naso
01-24-2006, 7:45 PM
Sorry, I got really busy for a while. How do you make a screenshot in this game? There doesn't seem to be a command bound and no console either apparently...
 zerted
01-25-2006, 2:03 AM
Thats fine if you are too busy, SWBF2 is just a game. To take a screenshot (in any game/program) press the Print Screeen button on your keyboard (sometimes called Prtsc). This will take a snapshot of whatever is being displayed on the computer screen. Close the game. Open up Paint or whatever imaging program you you and do a paste (Ctrl V) into the program. Your screenshot will appear. Now save the file and you have it.
 Naso
01-25-2006, 5:10 PM
Here's a shot of it. THe text ought to say "i don't really know what's going on" or some such. I don't think other fonts are interfering because the only odd thing I have is greek stuff, which that isn't, and none of names are really similar. The language bar also shows that I'm still set to English, so there's no chance of bizarro transliteration.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d88/jvgroves/screenshot.jpg)
 Naso
02-03-2006, 7:27 PM
Anybody?
 zerted
02-04-2006, 12:21 PM
Ah sorry, I missed your post. "...after I've been playing for a bit..." Does the text display normally when you first start a map, then switch to that later in the game? Is this text displayed the same way when you submit it to other players [pressing enter to submit it], or do they see it correctly?

Try switching the layout on the language bar. Turn the bar off and see if that does anything. Are you using a standard keyboard? If not, do you have the latest keyboard drivers installed? If you haven't, reinstall the game and send a report to tech support.
Page: 1 of 1