Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

x-wing vs Tie Fighter BOP cannot multiplay

Page: 1 of 1
 dmihm
12-31-2005, 11:14 AM
Everything I have tried has failed to link two comps running XP. One is HOME XP the other is professional. THey are seeing each other on the network. Firewalls are disabled. I type in their IP addresses in the settings for MULTIPLAYER...but I am unsure if both should be set to the HOST ip address or if they should list thier own separate IP addresses.

WHAT is IPX? Why is this not working on a simple LAN using ethernet cables. The only hints I ever see about TCP/IP seem to be old-timers talking about playing ONLINE with 56k modems....not how to have two comps in one room playing each other. I know there must be a way to do this, I network computers all the time. I hit HOST GAME for the faster of the 2 computers, I hit JOIN GAME with the other. I host game before I try to JOIN game.

Please Help!

D
Page: 1 of 1