Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

New Mod - Star Wars: Fleet Command for EaW

Page: 1 of 1
 Stalkerh
12-27-2005, 11:57 AM
(This is not only an accouncement, but also a request for help. I have all of the low poly (250-500 for fighters, ~1000+ for capital ships) textured models at my disposal, but many of them need "sprucing up", shall we say. Please contact me by PM, or leave a message in this thread with offers of assistance (or e-mail me at my listed e-mail). I am currently looking for high and low poly 3D modellers with access to 3DSMax, texturers/skinners with access to Photoshop, ), a webmaster/designer, and a co-designer/scripter)

http://www.fmta.org/splash.jpg)

Star Wars: Fleet Command

Star Wars: Fleet Command (or SWFC) is a mod designed around the idea of enhancing and expanding Space Combat and the Galaxy Modes within Star Wars: Empire at War to include much of the expanded universe material. The SWFC therefore has the following goals in mind:

Expand upon the types of ships available for use in Space Combat
Deepen the tech tree and upgrades to correspond with technology development on both sides over time
Enable capturing of ships in Space Combat (if possible)
Complete the Galactic Map by expanding it to include all known, and interesting, worlds (tentative)

Expanding the ground combat area of EaW is not currently in this mod's scope. Adding races is not a primary vision of this mod, however, pirates/mercs are a definite possibility.

No website currently exists for this mod, but I am throwing some concepts around in my head :)

The following ships will definetely make an appearance:

Strike Cruiser
MC-90
B-Wing
TIE Defender
Corellian Gunship
Dreadnought
Executor Super Star Destroyer
...and many more!
 Juggernaut1985
12-27-2005, 12:48 PM
http://legacy.gamemod.net/) Even have the Exceutor and planned on doing all the stuff you mentioned. LoW has been in the works since July. In fact we have all the ships you listed done(and many more) except the strike cruiser. You're welcome to join us.
 Stalkerh
12-27-2005, 1:38 PM
Interesting. I will consider this.

Here's our current model/shiplist. This is by no means complete, as it does not include any utility/freight craft:

Fighters - Extremely manueverable craft tasked with engaging enemy bombers and providing supporting fire against capital ships.
Z-95 Headhunter
X-Wing
A-Wing
E-Wing
TIE Fighter
TIE Interceptor
TIE Advanced
TIE Defender
TIE Phantom

Bombers - Slow, but very heavily-armed ships tasked with hunting and killing enemy capital ships.
Y-Wing
B-Wing
TIE Bomber
Assault Gunboat
Missile Boat
Skipray Blastboat

Capital Ships - Very large, multi-crew starships capable of bringing truly impressive firepower to the table. Often, these ships find themselves protecting the heavier capital ships, as well as each other, from attacking fighters and bombers.
Corellian Corvette
Modified Corellian Corvette
Corellian Gunship
Marauder Corvette
Nebulon-B Frigate
Bulk Cruiser
Strike Cruiser
Assault Frigate
Dreadnought
MC40a Light Mon Cal Cruiser
Raptor Ion Frigate
Nebulon-B2 Modified Frigate
Carrack Cruiser
Lancer Frigate
Thor Cruiser

Heavy Capital Ships - Among the largest, most powerful ships in existence, heavy capital ships act as command centers and bombardment platforms of the highest caliber. Although they can hardly hit oncoming fighters, other capital ships of all types have much to fear from these behemoths.
MC80 Calamari Cruiser
MC80a Calamari Cruiser
MC80b Calamari Cruiser
MC90 Calamari Cruiser
Viscount Star Defender
Victory Star Destroyer I
Victory Star Destroyer II
Imperial Star Destroyer I
Imperial Star Destroyer II
Executor Super Star Destroyer
Sovereign Super Star Destroyer
 Jason91
12-27-2005, 4:39 PM
Sorry 2 say this Juggernaut but plz done join LoW cus if you are lead designer i am very much considering joining Fleet Command but however if you do join LoW than you'll find me geting that modd aswell. So in anycase i will be geting 1 of these 2 modds :)
 CondorFalco
12-28-2005, 3:42 AM
Is this the same kind of SW:FC akin to Star Trek Armada? Just it would be so cool to see the old greats revived.
 Stalkerh
12-28-2005, 8:30 AM
This is the same kind of SW:FC to Star Trek: Armada :) EaW uses a very similar engine to the Armada series (at least in the basics), so it shouldn't be a terribly difficult transfer.

The idea is to learn EaW modding doing SW:FC, and then take that knowledge and apply it to doing Star Trek vs. Star Wars for EaW.

I'm hoping to drag some of my armada modding buddies from retirement to form a seperate team to do B5.
 CondorFalco
12-29-2005, 7:56 AM
Sounds great :D. Good luck with it, it will be nice to see a FC and STvsSW happening again. On a related note, (sorry, I may be being completely stupid, just I recognised your name) were you part of the Project90 group?
 Bel Iblis
12-29-2005, 11:37 AM
Sounds great :D. Good luck with it, it will be nice to see a FC and STvsSW happening again. On a related note, (sorry, I may be being completely stupid, just I recognised your name) were you part of the Project90 group?
Yes, he was. :)
Founding member.
 CondorFalco
12-30-2005, 3:51 AM
Thought so. :) It really is great to see you back. (*Starts to feel a bit nostalgic about the Golden Age of STA modding*).
 DonBilbo
12-30-2005, 8:49 AM
im a lil bit confused now...what will this mod be aubout?
will it be about star wars ans adding new ships from the star wars universe or will it convert Empire at War to the Star Trek Universe?

i think im going to post this as news when you got your first models and maybe your own homepage.
 Stalkerh
12-30-2005, 10:14 AM
im a lil bit confused now...what will this mod be aubout?
will it be about star wars ans adding new ships from the star wars universe or will it convert Empire at War to the Star Trek Universe?

i think im going to post this as news when you got your first models and maybe your own homepage.

There are really two mods we're going to focus on:

Star Wars: Fleet Command - This will focus on adding Expanded Universe content to the EaW game (Starships and Planets), as well as enhancing the overall gameplay dynamic and likely improving the AI.

Star Trek vs. Star Wars - This mod will be developed either concurrently with, or right after, Fleet Command. The idea of this mod is as simple as it's title: add the Star Trek races, and perhaps the Star Trek galaxy, and mix it up with the Star Wars content developed for Fleet Command. It's a decidedly more ambitious project than FC.
 Sithman1138
01-01-2006, 10:13 PM
Do you have any screenies?
 Stalkerh
01-02-2006, 7:36 AM
Do you have any screenies?

The following screen shows some of our models in action in Star Trek: Armada 2's engine... we'll be showing off the upgraded EaW models as soon as we figure out how to import models into EaW ;)

http://www.fmta.org/SWFC/images/SWFC8.jpg)
 CondorFalco
01-02-2006, 10:05 AM
Wow :). Can't wait to see them in EAW.
 Sithman1138
01-02-2006, 12:29 PM
These are good. What's that ship in the bottom left? It looks familiar but I can't think of the name.
 Stalkerh
01-02-2006, 12:51 PM
These are good. What's that ship in the bottom left? It looks familiar but I can't think of the name.

That's the New Republic's Assault Frigate
 Ben Epsilon
01-14-2006, 11:26 PM
I have been looking for the A2 StarTrek Versus StarWars and Star Wars: Fleet Command mods for about a year now. I can only seem to find the 0.5 demo, and thats only on a armada2.filefront.com

Can you please enlighten me as to where I can get those expertly made mods? :vsd:
 (TAG)Rebel_Stri
01-15-2006, 12:22 AM
I love how ur adding all the MCC's. Will the MC-90 be able to take an Executor Class SSD like they say?
 Enon
01-20-2006, 7:39 PM
Hey Stalker, it's Enon, a long time ago player and community member for St vs Sw (both 1 & 2) and all other projects. Any word from Jc or Loccu? Anyways, I am very excited to see this mod in the works and am extremely excited to see the Sovereign SSD and hopefully the Eclipse in action. If you need any members for your modding team to come up with ideas or possible map scenarios, or just a beta tester who doesn't mind reinstalling the mod ten thousand times and sending bug reports. I have a lot of ideas and would do my best to contribute. Anyways, nice to see you and Bel Iblis again old friends.

Enon
 Iamme
01-20-2006, 9:46 PM
You guys are a little late...
http://warlords.swrebellion.com/)
http://warlords.swrebellion.com/gallery/GoodScreenshots/ss00508)
Check out the gallery, this is one guy making this entire mod.
Currently running of the HW2 engine, but it shouldn't be long until he can swap the subsystems ;)
 Sithman1138
02-23-2006, 5:57 AM
Any new progress reports for this mod?
 Bel Iblis
03-15-2006, 10:55 AM
Any new progress reports for this mod?
Currently I believe we are still trying to figure out exactly how to port models into EAW... Not sure if Stalker knows how to do this.. but I haven't yet found a way.
 Three60
03-15-2006, 2:31 PM
Whoa... this was on page 5...
Anyway, you can't yet.
Page: 1 of 1