Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Major glitch! All text has turned into code language!!!

Page: 1 of 1
 buddhacrane
12-26-2005, 8:52 AM
I've had this game for a while now with no major problems. Now suddenly I turn it on and half the text like "loading" isn't there, and other text like "new game" on the menu screen has been replaced by "S into T" and other strange things. I went into one of my saved games and it's the same with all the other text, it looks like part of the code that's been written for the game is being shown in the text boxes and I can't get rid of it! I've tried restarting it many times, cleaning the disc, I just don't know why it's suddenly happened when it was fine. I thought I could still play it but anything written on computer consoles isn't even there so it's just impossible to play.
 The Doctor
12-26-2005, 11:20 PM
First of all, Welcome to the Forums!

Now, to the problem. My brother had a similar problem with Halo. He fixed it with some good old percussive maintanence (smacking it until it works). That's the way that you can releave the most stress.
But that's not very reliable. Try erasing the current save files and starting over. I've heard that if one save file for a game is corrupt or damged, it affects all save made before and after it.
If that doesn't work, smack it again until it works.
 Darth333
12-27-2005, 6:36 PM
:rolleyes: what's the next step, Doctor?...throw it through the window? :rolleyes:

Try cleaning the cache by loading three other games and then Kotor again. It's safer ;)
 Rok_stoned
12-27-2005, 7:38 PM
Some good old radiation does the trick sometimes. I would check if it was happening on all yours before going on a deleting rampage
 The Doctor
12-27-2005, 11:04 PM
:rolleyes: what's the next step, Doctor?...throw it through the window? :rolleyes:

Try cleaning the cache by loading three other games and then Kotor again. It's safer ;)

No, throwing it out the window comes after throwing it down the stairs.

BTW, I meant just delete the save files for KotOR, not all your save files. That would be stupid.
 Rok_stoned
12-27-2005, 11:40 PM
does you8r are be calls ROK dumn me thginks yu is dum iye hathe not throw all the files into the oblivion of nothingness?
 The Doctor
12-28-2005, 10:07 AM
does you8r are be calls ROK dumn me thginks yu is dum iye hathe not throw all the files into the oblivion of nothingness?
:confused:huh?
 Rok_stoned
12-28-2005, 11:51 AM
I once deleted all my files to get rid of a glitch; it worked. i am tyrping with my pinky cause im eating food.
 buddhacrane
12-29-2005, 11:46 AM
Guys!!! I fixed it!!!!!!!!!! You won't believe how, I didn't want to resort to drastic measures of actually deleting anything you see. So what I did was clean the disc a few times, put in other games etc etc. Loaded the game, nothing had changed, so in mild frustration I started pressing buttons on the main menu. Eventually I went to the option where you can play the star wars republic commando demo. I went into the demo and the menu for that was fine so I was like "hmm, just silly sith lords then" and then (here's the magic bit) I chose to quit the program and return back to the main menu and voila! everything returned to normal, dunno how, dunno why, but there you go. So for future reference if your game starts acting crazy and displaying weird stuff just go to the bottom selection on the main menu and then choose the bottom selection again in the next menu, go into the republic commando demo, exit it, and hopefully all will be well, and you'll still have all your saved files and everything!
 adam 1188
04-24-2006, 12:06 PM
well thats nothin my kotor 1 wont load any of my previously saved games so im boned lol any onee no how to help me?
Page: 1 of 1