Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

TIE95 and WindowsNT

Page: 1 of 1
 mknote
12-25-2005, 11:23 AM
I am trying to run my TIE Fighter from my new XWing Collecter Series, but it won't let me. It says "TIE95.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program." How do I run it?

MK
 Wildstar
12-25-2005, 2:54 PM
Windows NT 4 was not designed to run Win9X games, and, thus, you're getting the error you described. Windows 2000 Professional can run it (with the latest service pack, maybe needing the Application Compatibility Toolkit), and Windows XP can definitely run it. In short, an operating system upgrade is indicated.
 mknote
12-25-2005, 8:26 PM
Changing operating systems is out of the question. What other solutions are offered? A compatability patch similar to the XP one?

MK
 Wildstar
12-26-2005, 11:37 AM
I'm afraid not. :(
 mknote
12-28-2005, 7:08 PM
So then, what are my other options?

MK
 Wildstar
12-28-2005, 7:24 PM
You have no options other than a different operating system. If you can set up a dual-boot system with the other partition being a Win9X partition and install TIE95 on the Win9X partition, that would do the trick, as well.
 DocHyde
03-03-2008, 1:15 PM
Hi, I have a similar problem, however, I AM running Windows 2000 Professional, and still getting the error. Any ideas?
 Wildstar
03-03-2008, 5:06 PM
Do you have Service Pack 4? If you don't know, check My Computer Properties.
 DocHyde
03-03-2008, 5:16 PM
Yeah, I've got SP4. I've tried everything for DOSbox to the compatibility fix (which doesn't work either). DOSbox doesn't work cause I don't have any of the DOS executables on my disc image, and the comp fix crashes with an error. Any ideas?
 Wildstar
03-04-2008, 10:57 AM
IIRC, the X-Wing Collector's Series needed to be set up with the Application Compatibility Toolkit on Win2K. The compatibility fix only works on machines running Windows XP or Windows Vista.
 DocHyde
03-04-2008, 11:03 AM
Ok. Well, I downloaded the ACT, but can't figure out how to work it. When I try and run the Setup Analysis Tool on the setup, it gets an error. I also don't know how to configure the manager. Is there a walk through anywhere?

EDIT:
Well, I got the SAT to work, and now have an XML file. However, I don't know what to do with it, or how it will help make TIE95 work.

EDIT (again):
The reason why I only have the SAT is because that's the only tool that works with Win2k. It says I can still run DCPs, whatever that means.
 Wildstar
03-04-2008, 3:24 PM
Not sure if I can help further, as I went from a Win98SE machine right to WinXP. You can always try the LucasArts tech support forums (http://forums.lucasarts.com), though. :)
Page: 1 of 1