Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Shield settings.

Page: 1 of 1
 Lt. Horn
08-01-2001, 12:21 AM
When your shields go down what do you do? Do you put power from lasers into the shields or power from the engines?
 Primarch
08-01-2001, 12:35 AM
Power from your lasers gets shunted to the shields.
 Keyan Farlander
08-01-2001, 6:02 AM
I think you may be a bit confused about the way shields work, Lt. Horn. That question doesn't make a lot of sense.
 Commander Kupalo
08-01-2001, 1:40 PM
I direct power from engines to shiels if I'm incombat, but if I'm trying to escape and I'm being shot at, I direct power from lasers to shields so I can escape.

[This message has been edited by Commander Kupalo (edited August 01, 2001).]
 K_Kinnison
08-01-2001, 2:03 PM
in a normal combat situation, i fly with lasers at +1 (increased re-charge rate), and shilds at 0 (Maintanace). If my shilds every go yellow, or orange, i transpher energy from my lasers to my shield (usually about 2 transphers) Set lasers to +2 (Maximum recharge) and start bleeding energy from the lasers to the shields, by transphering energy.

If my sheilds get knocked out, in a high risk enviroment, i transher all my laser energy to the shilsd, set laser re-charge rate to -2 (all to engines) and shields to +2 (Maximum) then go evasive.. even angling my shields double back. once my shilds go back up to 50-75% i go back to normal combat mode.
 Lt. Horn
08-01-2001, 2:33 PM
Allright thank K_Kinnison.

I don't think it was that hard to understand. K_Kinnison got it.
 jake56ace
08-01-2001, 3:40 PM
No thats wrong.... in Mplayer, where
every one (or almost every1) knows about the 1/3 turn thing... this is what u do:
when ur sheilds go down put ur sheild power to engines. In an X wing, u can out turn a A-Wing. leave ur lasers at +1 and u will be a deadly forceif ur lasers are at max, keep them at level energy, giving ur engines +2
on manueverable ships, like the A-Wing, this is deadly

Thts my humble opinion for multiplayer only.
For AI just kill em http://www.xwingalliance.com/forums/smile.gif) http://www.xwingalliance.com/forums/biggrin.gif) http://www.xwingalliance.com/forums/wink.gif)
 Lt. Horn
08-01-2001, 11:08 PM
 Admiral
08-02-2001, 2:07 AM
Depending on how low the shields are I do a couple of things

For starters my laser setting are +1, shields 0

If the first layer collapses and I'm left with 100% (remember it is out of 200), I switch the laser and shield settings. Now say I have an enemy on my tail when this happens. I stop, and spin the fighter. this dodges the incoming lasers and the fighter on my tail has to ver away or crash into me.

Now a more critical say 50% or under left I boost my shields to +2, and lasers to -2. before the lasers run out I pump them fully into the shields. Now if I have missiles I switch over to them and get as close to the enemy fighters as I can, then I dumb fire them usually when I'm around .4 meters away. or if they have just launched for a SD. (one missle can take out 4 fighters right off).

Now if my shields are completly gone I drop everything into my engines, dumping all laser power into the shields to give me a little protection as I speed my self away. Usually I find a nice little spot to place my self in. Say there in an SD I'll fly into the hanger. There I set lasers and shields to +2, puming the lasers into the shields until they are back to 100%. I then sneak out of the Hanger and continue to dog fight.
Page: 1 of 1