Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Does anyone remember the TV show?

Page: 1 of 1
 Shocker Toys
12-23-2005, 10:46 AM
Does anyone remember the TV show? With young indy! What did you all think of it?
 Gabez
12-24-2005, 3:47 PM
I thought it was awesome. Can't wait for it to come out on DVD.
 Skinkie
12-27-2005, 11:28 AM
I've got all the ones they released on video, some I love, but there's a couple ones that feel a bit slow for an Indy story. And I know, its supposed to be edutation or something, but even so.
 Shocker Toys
12-27-2005, 6:29 PM
wow DVD I'll have to pick it up very cool!
 90SK
12-28-2005, 4:22 PM
I've heard of it, yeah. It looks pretty good, though I don't like how it spurred the tital of "Indiana Jones and the <movie title>". Just plain "Raiders of the Lost Arc" had a nice ring.

But yeah, I'll have to rent it when it comes out on DVD.
 Gabez
01-04-2006, 9:26 AM
Some stories were better than others (generally they got better as they went along, I thought).

Mostly it was just good sunday-afternoon-with-a-cup-of-tea-and-a-biscuit entertainment. It was cozy. Like Murder She Wrote.
 Commander Obi-Wan
01-09-2006, 2:04 PM
They were okay....
 Foshjedi2004
01-11-2006, 6:44 AM
Seen a lot better TV shows in my time. It was ok but the thing when he went to France during WW1 is so unlikely. He met the 3 men who set up the treaty of versailles???
 Mickey Bitsko
01-26-2006, 4:10 PM
The Young Indy program was terrifically entertaining and a milestone in the use of digital animation for the small screen. If it came out today it would be a big hit IMHO.
 Good Sir Knight
01-28-2006, 4:09 PM
Yeop very entertaining. I remember seeing previews for it when I was a little, little kid and I thought it was the coolest thing I'd ever seen.
 Mickey Bitsko
01-29-2006, 1:58 PM
But you just know if the show came out today it would probably be more like Smallville, with every episode taking place around Indy's hometown ("Jeepers, Dad, I found the Shroud of Turin in our backyard!"), and featuring an overly curious buxom half-Navaho girlfriend and a best friend named Adolph who has an unusually intense interest in the Sword of Longinus. This week's episode: Can Indy keep Adolph from stepping over to the dark side and moving to Vienna?
 itchythesamurai
05-31-2006, 12:42 AM
Better yet, how about Indiana Jones is a troubled teen who has to move to California where he gets involved in all sorts of youth-related drama and activities! Will young Indy be able to get his life on track with the help of his friends or will he succumb to the dangers of peer pressure?
 Samnmax221
05-31-2006, 12:48 AM
or stuffing the housewife next door, of course he did screw Edith Wharton in Tales of Innocence, you try reading Ethan Frome with that image in your head, not easy.
 urluckyday
06-03-2006, 8:26 PM
Yes, the TV series was better quality than I had expected. I as well cannot wait until it comes to DVD!
Page: 1 of 1