Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The Galaxy Game?

Page: 1 of 1
 REDJOHNNYMIKE
12-22-2005, 10:31 PM
There are a few things I can't figure out about the galactic conquest.

1. How do you buy more fleets, I haven't been able to find an option?
I thought you were supposed to be able to purchase more fleets to defend planets while attacking others?

2. How do the purchasable bonuses work? Are they automatically applied to the next battle? Theres a little information about it before battles, but it closes to quickly do do anything?

3. Is there any way to purchase other things for controlled planets such as turret upgrades, defensive shields, or maybe even tall defense platforms that will remain in use as long as you control the planet?
I know that's a longshot, but I hope it's possible:D
 zerted
12-22-2005, 10:47 PM
To buy more fleets, first de-select everything. Next click on a planet you control. On the bottom of your screen, there should be a buy fleet button.

The bonuses are not automatically applied to the next battle. After you buy them and before the next round, you sometimes get the choice to use a bonus. I am not sure why sometimes you can choose and bonus and sometimes you can't. You can buy up to three at a time, but you can only use one per battle. Sometimes you still have them after a round, sometimes they all get cleared out. Again, I'm not sure why.

For your number 3, nope. You can leave a fleet above each planet, but that starts to get really expensive. I never had more then three fleets at a time.
 Fate's Decision
12-22-2005, 11:07 PM
The bonuses are not automatically applied to the next battle. After you buy them and before the next round, you sometimes get the choice to use a bonus. I am not sure why sometimes you can choose and bonus and sometimes you can't.

Well, some bonuses can't be applied to certain levels, like there are no vehicles on Kamino, so it wouldn't let you use a sabotage bonus. And you can't use garrison or leader in space battles because you have unlimited troops and you can't use heros in space.
 REDJOHNNYMIKE
12-22-2005, 11:35 PM
@Zerted, hmm that's seems like an odd way to do it, as opposed to having a button like the other options, I'll have to try it.

I just can't seem to select any, anything I click on just skips the screen and starts the game:(

How is it expensive, do you have to pay some kind of upkeep?

@FD, that makes sense.

Another question, You have a Capital planet, right? The enemy has a Capital planet. Why doesn't their capital retain the symbol and become a second capital when you capture it? Can you only have one high ranking planet?
 Fate's Decision
12-22-2005, 11:48 PM
Click on your current fleet and press "deselect" at the bottom of the screen, then select another planet. If you do not deselect, you will basically move your current fleet to that planet if it's nearby. [note]You can't put two fleets on one planet. The planet must be under your control to build a new fleet on it.
 REDJOHNNYMIKE
12-22-2005, 11:54 PM
Thanks, can you build fleets on any planet or just your capital?
 Darth Andrew
12-23-2005, 12:47 AM
Yes, you can build a fleet anywhere. Just select the planet (that you control) where you want a fleet, and BAM! there you go, a fleet. :)
 zerted
12-23-2005, 11:19 AM
...How is it expensive, do you have to pay some kind of upkeep?...Another question, You have a Capital planet, right? The enemy has a Capital planet. Why doesn't their capital retain the symbol and become a second capital when you capture it? Can you only have one high ranking planet?If all your fleets are destoryed, you can build one for free. The next one costs 1000 then the third fleet costs 2000 and so on.
You get a lot of money when you capture a capital planet compared to a standard planet. An empire can only have one capital. If they take the planet back, it will become the enemies capital again, but it will never become your capital because you already have one.
 Fate's Decision
12-23-2005, 12:32 PM
Building new fleets is pointless. (and expencive)
post#111
 Commander Obi-Wan
12-23-2005, 12:38 PM
1. You'll have to deselect the fleet you are currently using and then find a planet the you own and you can buy a fleet.

1 Fleet = 1000pts
2 Fleets = 2000pts
3 Fleets = 3000pts
etc.

2. Once you purchase a bonus you can choose which one you'd like to us during the battle.

3. No, though there is the option of getting auto turrets plant at you Command Post.
 Darth Andrew
12-23-2005, 12:42 PM
Building new fleets is pointless. (and expencive)Not really. If the last enemy stronghold is the farthest away from your current fleet, you don't want to spend six turns moving the fleet there, while in the process the enemy could build another fleet and conquer some of your territory. You'd rather end the war much sooner, I think. :)
 Fate's Decision
12-23-2005, 12:43 PM
1 Fleet = 1000pts
2 Fleets = 2000pts
3 Fleets = 3000pts
etc.

If you already have 1 fleet = 1000pts
Creating a third fleet = 2000pts
Just to clear up on that :)
 PoiuyWired
12-23-2005, 4:16 PM
Only bonus that is applied automatically is new troop types. So only buy what you want the computers to use (other than what you must use yourself)

So if you think the computer snipers are always staying waaaay behind battle line doing nothing, don't puy the sniper!! likewise computer rocketguys can't do jack most of the time, they can't hit vehicles, and use pistol 99% of the time in a game.
 REDJOHNNYMIKE
12-24-2005, 12:48 AM
The Anti-Tank was the first one I picked XP

I'd say the shotgun class is a decent one to have for your AI's.
Page: 1 of 1