Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Npc characters into the Pc selectable characters

Page: 1 of 1
 Lando Griffin
12-21-2005, 12:11 PM
How would i change the npcs to the Pc selectable characters?
 The_Maker
12-21-2005, 12:43 PM
Someone has already done that ;)
Click (http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/17423.html)
Now if you want to do that yourself go to This (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=149992) tutorial.

Good Luck.
 Lando Griffin
12-21-2005, 12:58 PM
what does that mod do? It just says it makes the party members into pc heads, but which ones?
 L0rdReV@n88
12-21-2005, 1:31 PM
it says all your party members into pc heads i think that means you will have a selectable carth, bastilla, canderous, mission, juhani, jolee, and i think an hk-47 body and a t3-m4 body that would be just silly to get there heads(does t3-m4 have a head)
and trask maybe since his life was short lived
 The_Maker
12-21-2005, 1:33 PM
Hmmm, apparently it doesn't do what it says it does. It just has a portraits.2da file and a readme. Not exactly mod material here...

Ok, scratch what I said before... I guess no one has yet made something like that. Your best bet is to follow the tutorial and make your own.
 Lando Griffin
12-21-2005, 2:58 PM
all right, thanx
 RedHawke
12-22-2005, 1:42 AM
Hmmm, apparently it doesn't do what it says it does. It just has a portraits.2da file and a readme. Not exactly mod material here...
Yes it is, portraits.2da controls if an appearance is usable by the PC or not. ;)
 The_Maker
12-22-2005, 11:01 AM
But it doesn't have an appearance.2da, heads.2da, or any .tga files so how can it add new heads to the game? :eyeraise:

Unless it just takes the default NPC heads and puts them in already existing slots...

But thats kinda lazy :xp:

The_Maker, the mod indeed does as advertised, I suggest you re-read my post again, portraits.2da is the file that controls who is playable and who isn't. -RH
 Jackel
12-22-2005, 3:15 PM
But it doesn't have an appearance.2da, heads.2da, or any .tga files so how can it add new heads to the game? :eyeraise:

Unless it just takes the default NPC heads and puts them in already existing slots...

How does adding the NPC's to the selectable characters list make this mod and the modder "lazy"?

The Mod does exactly what it says it does, it added the NPCs to the heads you can select : "This mod simply makes all your party members selectable Pc heads."

This is what the original poster requested to know how to do and this mod covers his request perfectly, just because its not what you think it should do doesn't make the modder "lazy" in away at all.

As Red sais, it is the portraits.2da file that controls what heads are selectable, you dont need a new appearance.2da, heads.2da or new tga files to make this heads selectable.

So before complaining about someone elses mod that does what it says it does. Maybe check it out first and dont complain the mod maker is "lazy".

If you think it is "lazy" I suggest you make a mod with a tonne of new heads and release it.
 Alkonium
12-22-2005, 5:13 PM

My method may have been lazy, but it worked.
 The Doctor
12-22-2005, 6:27 PM
People need to look at smileys more often. He was joking around. Hence the ":xp:"
 RedHawke
12-23-2005, 2:10 AM
My method may have been lazy, but it worked.
Alkonium, The_Maker is probably just jealous that he didn't think of it first! :D
Page: 1 of 1