Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Tie/d fighter

Page: 1 of 1
 Tie_killer
12-21-2005, 6:59 AM
Some people say that the tie/d fighter (the ties you battle on the world devastator level) stands for tie defence fighter. Doesn't it stand for Tie/droid fighter. Lego made a tie/d fighter that came with a droid brain. And they are very good at maneuvering hence the fact that they could have super intelligent droids flying them.
 Tie_killer
12-21-2005, 7:06 AM
I could be mistaken. Does anybody know the the name of the ties you fight on the calamari level? I think the tie defender is actually the one with 3 wings that I have never seen on RS.
 magna mandaloe
03-26-2006, 1:03 AM
Like You Said Tie-Droid they were made around the EU because so many pilots were quitting the Imperial Navy as more and more Pilots died the empire made Tie-droids to replace Pilots with a extreamly intelligent Droid brain or Flight Computer.
 JawaJoey
03-20-2007, 11:26 PM
Like You Said Tie-Droid they were made around the EU because so many pilots were quitting the Imperial Navy as more and more Pilots died the empire made Tie-droids to replace Pilots with a extreamly intelligent Droid brain or Flight Computer.

Also, the World Devastators were huge factories, and could make droid controlled ships, while it can't magically get pilots to fly regular fighters.
Page: 1 of 1