Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Player Points

Page: 1 of 1
 Annfield Red
12-21-2005, 3:38 AM
What do you do with them?

I don't mean the points you get from Galactic Conquest which allows you to buy bonuses and troops etc, but the Players points beside the screen that tell you your rank.

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks and a very Merry Christmas to one and all. :)
 Zai
12-21-2005, 6:46 PM
That is just so you know how many points you have gotten in your entire time playing. They use that points value to calculate "Points per life"

Really, it isn't used for anything except your own benefit.
 zerted
12-22-2005, 4:17 PM
I don't remember the values, but the more points you have, the more troops (up to 4) can be ordered to follow you around.
 PoiuyWired
12-22-2005, 8:38 PM
No, I think that is calaculated from the total amount of awards you have.
 REDJOHNNYMIKE
12-22-2005, 10:22 PM
I'm pretty sure those points are your total kills + points earned by completing objectives and other non death related stuff.
 Fate's Decision
12-22-2005, 11:35 PM
Well, I always thought that you used them to advance ranks. If you bocome a general, you start out with the war hero and endurance award.
 REDJOHNNYMIKE
12-22-2005, 11:42 PM
I'm not sure about that, I think you still have to earn them before they become available ingame.
The only thing I'm legendary in is endurance, and I while energy is harder to keep track of, I have to actually earn it in the beginning of the game to use it, sometimes it seems like it isn't persistent though.
 zerted
12-23-2005, 11:43 AM
...The only thing I'm legendary in is endurance, and I while energy is harder to keep track of, I have to actually earn it in the beginning of the game to use it, sometimes it seems like it isn't persistent though.Watch the chat area when you first respawn. It will display (in yellow) any awards that you are automatically awarded.
 PoiuyWired
12-23-2005, 4:28 PM
Well, for endurance, remember there are actions where ANY energy regen is stopped, namely when energy jumping / rolling / running(maybe)

But you will DEFINITELY see the difference with the spy.
 ParanoidAndroid
12-23-2005, 6:01 PM
I always thought it was medals that increased your rank as well, the player points don't really serve a purpose, exept for determine the rankings of players after the battle.
 Fate's Decision
12-23-2005, 8:13 PM
Yeah, that's what I figure. They pretty much want to give credit to the guys who performed the best in battle.
Page: 1 of 1