Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Not A Request Just Curious

Page: 1 of 1
 SilverSentinal2
12-20-2005, 11:32 AM
Hey guys how are all you lovely geniuses today? ;} I'm curious, can you have a double-bladed lightsaber with a curved hilt? [(] Will it work or kill the person using it?
 Jae Onasi
12-20-2005, 2:18 PM
The physics would be really different. Not unworkable, just different, but you wouldn't have the same full range of movement that you would have with a straight hilt. The blades wouldn't counterbalance each other, either. Try taking a straight stick and a curved stick (or half a hula hoop, etc.). Swing each around, the straight one will be a lot easier.
 Emperor Devon
12-20-2005, 4:15 PM
I'm curious, can you have a double-bladed lightsaber with a curved hilt? [(] Will it work or kill the person using it?

You can, but I imagine it would look odd.
 SilverSentinal2
12-20-2005, 8:07 PM
Thank you guys for the answers, I know that it would look different thats kind of the point. I would think Force ability could compensate for the different physics but I don't see why the blades can't be balanced I drew a picture of one and the blades cand still be strait and even. Mind you I can't draw well but it lookd plausible. I know it's possible for a single hilt. Anyway thank you again.
Page: 1 of 1