Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Playing the Hero Feature

Page: 1 of 1
 Erich the Ewok
12-19-2005, 11:04 PM
I have Star Wars Battlefront II and have been playing it for awhile but when certain conditions are met a prompt appears on screen indicating to me that a hero is available to play. I also have only a limited amount of time to decide if I want to play that hero or not. I ahve the Xbox console and controller but can't seem to figure out what button to press to select and confirm that I wish to play with that hero before the timer runs out? Can somebody relpy and help me? Also do I need to be on or near a comand post to start using the hero or not?
 Slave.
12-20-2005, 7:56 AM
For the Xbox version, pressing left on the D-pad will select "Yes", and pressing right will select "No".

You don't need to be near a command post to use the hero character, when you select "Yes" you will be taken back to the 'Select spawn location' screen.

Hope it helps
 Commander Obi-Wan
12-20-2005, 12:16 PM
Well, if you like to be a hero, but you can't select the hero in time. You can select them when you die. Unless your playing online, and somebody else takes it online or if your friend does. And as the previous person said "You don't need be near a command post to choose your hero."
 PoiuyWired
12-21-2005, 2:10 PM
Also, if I remember right, switching to a hero does not count as a "death"
 MachineCult
12-21-2005, 3:14 PM
It clearly indicates what button you have to press when the prompt appears, you could also have simply read the manual.
 PoiuyWired
12-22-2005, 8:52 PM
Think it is F1 for yes and F2 for no.
 REDJOHNNYMIKE
12-22-2005, 10:19 PM
One thing to remember, if your hero time (the lightsaber that shrinks) is getting low, and you aren't able to score enough to keep it up, you must make it to a control point and change your class or you will lose a life when your hero time runs out.
 KenobiChronicle
01-02-2006, 8:28 PM
One thing to remember, if your hero time (the lightsaber that shrinks) is getting low, and you aren't able to score enough to keep it up, you must make it to a control point and change your class or you will lose a life when your hero time runs out.
Really?
 grunty
01-02-2006, 11:34 PM
I never seem to be able to become a hero. I was playing Kamino today and had gotten 50 points (first place) by the end of it but I was only asked to be Han Solo within the last 2 minutes! Other times I am never asked even if i have the most points of all the players.

Annoying, I'd say. :blast5:
 zerted
01-03-2006, 1:28 AM
I never seem to be able to become a hero...Heros aren't always unlocked to the player with the most points. It could be set to random or the player with the least amount of points. There are many other hero settings too.
 grunty
01-03-2006, 6:53 AM
I totally forgot about that
 JokotoFett
04-10-2006, 10:45 PM
Awesome, I had been wondering the same thing.
Page: 1 of 1