Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Ranks?

Page: 1 of 1
 REDJOHNNYMIKE
12-19-2005, 3:39 PM
What good does increasing your rank do?
I thought I read somewhere that the higher your rank, the more troops you can lead, but there never seems to be any options to do so??
If it is useful, what do you get for Captain?
 ParanoidAndroid
12-19-2005, 3:51 PM
Yes, the higher your rank, the more troops you can have follow you at once using the "follow me" command, I believe the numbers are:

Private: 1 guy
Sergent: 2 guys
Captain: 3 guys
and General: 4 guys

Having a couple of bots following you around can really increase your chances of success. It's fairly useful I would say, if you make the most of it and take the time to get yourself a squad, instead of just running headfirst into combat and getting gunned down. Somthing I really need to learn to do.
 zerted
12-20-2005, 9:28 AM
Yes. The "follow me" button at default, is mapped to F4.
 REDJOHNNYMIKE
12-22-2005, 9:57 PM
I've used the "F" buttons before and they never did anything, I just figured they were some kind of quick messages for multiplayer.
Thanks, I'll try and use more strategy now;)
 zerted
12-22-2005, 10:53 PM
The higher F# buttons are for multiplayer. The AI doesn't pay any attention to them, most people don't too.
 REDJOHNNYMIKE
12-22-2005, 11:56 PM
I was always wondering why I was never getting any medics or support:lol:
Page: 1 of 1